[GB] [2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7 [ROM]

Guest Riverlions

Guest The Silent Man

Those things should be working:

wifi - was ok in cmiui and mokee based on this cm7

sd card - there was a patch fixing this

adw - adw has wallpaper hack for smooth performance

Could you please post a link of the SD card patch?

CM 7.2 is one of the best roms for G300, especially after that Chinese gay solved voice quality problem.

Guest Gabriel94

I'm trying to find out the answer to the same question

well i think it was initially designed for u8818 but i flashed it on my u8815 and it worked flawlessly

• 2 months later...
Guest nm_guy

Wanted to say thanks for this rom. After having tried just about everything, I feel confident saying this is the quickest, most stable rom I know of for this phone, particularly when factoring in good battery life. Bravo. Sadly, our phones just don't seem made for 4.x, but really, I find I don't miss it all that much. Well worth the trade-off to have everything working, a battery that will last the day, and a system that doesn't randomly hang up or reboot. Thank you!

Guest Smiff2

Wanted to say thanks for this rom. After having tried just about everything, I feel confident saying this is the quickest, most stable rom I know of for this phone, particularly when factoring in good battery life. Bravo. Sadly, our phones just don't seem made for 4.x, but really, I find I don't miss it all that much. Well worth the trade-off to have everything working, a battery that will last the day, and a system that doesn't randomly hang up or reboot. Thank you!

thanks, did you find all these problems with stock based 4.x roms (not CM, i know the CM issues), and did you unlock your BL with offiical code? i'm hoping CM9 or 4.0.x ROMs are ok on G300, though you're right 512MB RAM isn't really enough for 4.x+

Edited by Smiff2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mnupea

I just dunno why it gives me an error every time i flash the gingerbread baseband version. It says something like: ro.model=u8818 ( so many timeas and then Instaliation aborted. Ive tried to format all system folders that appear on CWM but it keeps on aborting. I dunno what im doing wrong

Edit: problem solved. Anyway, thatnks guys

Edited by mnupea

Guest kyan31

I'm on CM7 right now, and I must say it's amazing. It's fast, and does everything like it should (as expected from GB). I'm already quite used to CM7 as it's the daily driver on my ZTE Blade, so this isn't really hard for me to get used to :P

Edit:

I fixed my SD issue by unmounting and remounting the SD card. That was easy.

post-969101-13778220021804_thumb.jpg

Edited by kyan31

Guest bladebuddy

I am loving this rom to, the battery life is far better then any other rom I have tried.

Everything working including Gmail push e.t.c. My only problem is the keyboard I have replaced it and froze the stock one but still facing problems ?.

A very good rom though, fast , good game play. Definitely worth trying as it's a good daily driver.

Can anyone confirm if the wifi works on the beta-2 build? It seems me and Gabriel are having the same issue with the rom not being able to scan for networks, and then turning wifi off on its own.

Guest bladebuddy

Can you not base your update on the original release with wifi working. Where are you getting beta2 release from? Original links on the first page are dead.

Good luck as I use this as my daily now and it would be good if you could spring new life into it.J

Can you not base your update on the original release with wifi working. Where are you getting beta2 release from? Original links on the first page are dead.

Good luck as I use this as my daily now and it would be good if you could spring new life into it.J

A few posts back dakok posted a beta 2 release. It supposedly has wifi working however it doesn't work for me :blink:

Nevermind, it seems Dakoks link for Cm7 beta 2 actually works, I just tried it. Now wifi is fully functional.

Edited by kyan31

are you gona strip beta 2 and reup? whats the difference between the versions?

No I'm not. It turns out that modifying CM7 breaks wifi, so it's impossible for me to fix wifi. If you want to try cm7 for yourself bug free, download it via Dakoks link, modify the updater script, and flash. Once you have confirmed the wifi is working, remove all the bloatware etc. and start using your phone.

Guest bladebuddy

A few posts back dakok posted a beta 2 release. It supposedly has wifi working however it doesn't work for me :blink:

Nevermind, it seems Dakoks link for Cm7 beta 2 actually works, I just tried it. Now wifi is fully functional.

Cheers don't no how I missed it.

can post the link to dakok working version? and how do i modify the updater script and whats it for?

It's a few posts back. You need to remove the first two lines.

It's a few posts back. You need to remove the first two lines.

i did try the link few posts back but it's not working, would you be able to upload the working version with the changes added as am not sure what you mean by removing lines?