[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

Guest pOcHa

you will get this prompt on CWM v6.0.2.7 (don't know about other version, or TWRP) if you haven't removed the "install-recovery.sh" file from the zip package - otherwise it's perfectly ok if you don't get it all...

Edited by pOcHa

Guest gmotta

Baidu Yi beta v26 English Repack

Changes (flashlight actually added now, for real, lol):

http://translate.goo...hread&tid=55922

- as always, had to fix the updater-script, busybox and init.d scripts (v6ss, kak, vsync)

- changed default settings in build.prop to english language and uk locale (no "tweaks" or "optimizations", honest), renamed the device back to U8815 for gplay

- finally fixed network location (thanks to bruno), and removed chinese cities for numbers without a country code (thanks to narkoman88)

- latest google services are already included, but no individual apps (get them from play store)

- added Huawei DLNA, TouchPal Keyboard and Baidu Browser (english version) as user apps (can be uninstalled)

Required: baseband version 2030, and CWM (or TWRP?)

Instructions:

- Wipe data/factory reset

- Wipe cache partition

- Mounts and storage: format /cache, /cust, /data, /system

- Advanced: Wipe dalvik cache

- Install zip: Choose zip from external sdcard -> Baidu26FULL+GAPPS.zip

(random offset is not an error, don't worry)

- Install zip: Choose zip from external sdcard -> DialerAndContactsFix.zip

(this must be flashed right after the rom, no reboots in between)

- Reboot system now -> No

(very important, select "no" - it will not flash custom recovery, but install init.d scripts support)

settings -> about phone -> privacy settings -> CEIP OFF

Not working - nothing, other than the removed chinese apps and baidu services (and their leftover options in the settings)

Link for the FULL install: http://goo.gl/e1bJe

Note: the default storage for the FULL install above is the external sd card, and for the OTA update below the internal sd card (was that way since beta v23, but you can change it)

Link for the OTA update: does anyone besides myself need it?

When you say"select no" on reboot now, what do you mean? I don't have an Yes or No option. I'm guessing the next step is rebooting, just not in that menu?

Guest phyllocrania

Hello everyone! I am from India. I have two SIM cards of different network providers: Vodafone and Aircel. When I use Aircel SIM, both 2G and 3G data works fine. But when I use the Vodafone SIM, I do not get any data connectivity. Whereas the same Vodafone SIM on a different ROM (like Stock+) works perfectly fine. I installed this ROM with full data and cache wipes, etc. APN settings are also perfectly okay.

Any help to solve this issue is much appreciated.

Edited by phyllocrania

Guest dakok

He just confirms that baidu has a data network issue with certain SIM card types.

Maybe Coming (Amdad on anzhi) could bring this problem to baidu devs?

Guest pOcHa

what was the last official update.app that you used?

try it with the B926 modem drivers (HSPA:11 works for me), or the newest B952 ones here:

Guest dakok

The main problem with these SIM cards is inability of saving APN in settings.

This is not unique to baidu & g300, it happens to other rom - phone combinations, too

Try to contact this chinese guy

http://www.modaco.co...1004720-coming/

He is very active on anzhi forum (nick: Amdad) and uses english very well

Edited by dakok

Guest dakok

...who gives a s***

^_^

Chinese districts showing in contacts is resolved, but I found a nice app to fix that (too late, but anyway here it is):

Twitch!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=angel.twitch&hl[/CODE]

Edited by dakok

Guest dakok

At least I made an attempt :)

http://bbs.anzhi.com/thread-6749432-1-1.html
and another one:
http://bbs.rom.baidu.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=58561&extra=[/code]

I`m sure they`ll laugh their socks off while reading my chinese.

:D

Edited by dakok

Guest pOcHa

thanks dakok, you're our chinese connection...

those with APN problems should check out this file: /system/etc/apn-config.xml

first check if your carrier is in there, and if all of its parameters are correct - otherwise add or correct it, and reboot

if that didn't help, then try simply deleting the whole file (backup first), and after a reboot try to add your own APN in the settings and save it

if something works don't forget to let the others know

UPDATE: reported as not working...

Edited by pOcHa

Guest phyllocrania

He just confirms that baidu has a data network issue with certain SIM card types.

Maybe Coming (Amdad on anzhi) could bring this problem to baidu devs?

Yes, exactly, I meant this.

Guest pOcHa

well have you tried the suggested solutions from a post right above yours? or do you maybe expect someone to do it for you...

Edited by pOcHa

Guest predragiPredrag

thanks dakok, you're our chinese connection...

those with APN problems should check out this file: /system/apn-config.xml

first check if your carrier is in there, and if all of its parameters are correct - otherwise add or correct it, and reboot

if that didn't help, then try simply deleting the whole file (backup first), and after a reboot try to add your own APN in the settings and save it

if something works don't forget to let the others know

I didnt find this file on this location....are you sure about location??

edit 1: Nevermind, I have found it in /etc :)

edit 2: Your proposal to solwing our issue with network data didn't work. I will try to use diff SIM, and if I am lucky enough I will have data :)

edit 3: After using Baidu, because of network data bug...all ICS, JB custom roms that I flash after Baidu sufer from server errors for google account.

Only GB roms are imune. So the only solution is to reflash factory ICS UPDATE.APP.

Edited by predragiPredrag

Guest sedj

Is there any way to change the default storage on this rom? The problem i have is randomly it changes from internal to ext sdcard and this causes problems with downloading themes and some other apps behave like i have not used them before?

Also on a daily basis first thing in the morning i need to reboot the phone to enable a data connection ie 3g, it appears to not like enabling data after it has been in a deep sleep?

Great rom apart from these 2 small problems any help would be great :)

Guest predragiPredrag

did you do all the wipes between roms?

a na kojem si operateru, nisam znao da i neki nas zajebava (ja sam na vip-u)

Yap, all the wipes :)

Na telekomu sam, ali treba da promenim karticu ovih dana da uzmem noviju, posto ova ima 3-4 godine, mozda je zbog toga...

Guest dakok

edit 3: After using Baidu, because of network data bug...all ICS, JB custom roms that I flash after Baidu sufer from server errors for google account.

Only GB roms are imune. So the only solution is to reflash factory ICS UPDATE.APP.

I doubt so. After whole bunch of roms I flashed, I never had to go back to update.app.

It has to be something with your flashing procedure .

Edited by dakok

Guest predragiPredrag

I doubt so. After whole bunch of roms I flashed, I never had to go back to update.app.

It has to be something with your flashing procedure .

Than explain why GB roms work fine. The problem is that Baidu do something, and I dont know how. Because I wipe everything

before every flashing.