HTC One: Double Dip Hard Shell case

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

There's generally two schools of thought when it comes to device cases - one is the 'the device is so beautiful it shouldn't be cased!' argument (generally the one I subscribe to!) and the 'I must protect my valuable investment from my butterfingers' (a very good point). If you are going to case your device, then the HTC official cases are worth a look.

What I have here is one of the two official cases, the Double Dip Hard Shell, which is available along with the Double Dip Flip Case.

The case, which is available to buy immediately (take note Google, Samsung etc.!) is priced at £14.99 and comes in 3 parts. There's the main part which your phone slides in to (this is light grey plastic and has volume rockers built in, camera and flash cutouts, a secondary mic hole and the htc logo embossed on it) and after putting the phone in you clip on the red top and grey bottom pieces (both have holes to let the BoomSound out, the bottom piece has a mic hole and a gap for the power adaptor, the top piece has camera, sensor and power button cutouts).

The case is a great fit, feels well made and has a little bit of style of it's own (even if it does somewhat hide the glorious design of the phone). I like it... as cases go it's rugged but still stylish.

Pics below... thoughts? :)

oneshell1.jpg

oneshell2.jpg

oneshell3.jpg

oneshell4.jpg

oneshell5new.jpg

Click here to view the item

Guest gadgetshop

I normally go for a cheaply gel one for work and when out nothing. I'd consider one of these if different colours were available, but then again I can't decide between the ONE and the XZ at the moment plus waiting to see what the S4 brings

Guest William Benson

User on AV Forums writes:

HTC ONE..Don't use the HTC hard shell....

well i am a bit peeved, my ONE came yesterday, beautiful device, popped it into the official Hard case I bought in advance, was a happy camper.

Took it out of the case last night to have a "naked" play if you like without the case, and noticed two marks on the ally back. One in the dead centre lines up with a moulding lump inside the red top cap of the case, the other to the right top corner.

It is the case that has done this, and im really peed off.

I have emailed HTC and await a response.

Anyone else have this case? check the back of the phone at the top if you do.....

http://www.avforums.com/forums/htc-mobile-phone-forum/1754402-htc-one-dont-use-htc-hard-shell.html

• 1 month later...
Guest Joost39

I've bought the ONE plus this case and put it on first day, today I've noticed one single 7 mm scratch on the back/top of the aluminium :-( fu.. its sad...

Guest gavinfabl

I sold mine. It is dreadful. Adds to much bulk as well. A clear silicone case is best option, using a Belkin one at the moment, but have 6 more I bought on Saturday waiting now to arrive.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest masterpfa

I bought the Case mate Barely There and a blingy one :) both minimalistic ^_^

Picture please :D

Just got a HTC One I have 7 days to decide if I will keep it (I am really liking the S4 as we have 2 in the household already)

If I do keep it I will need to decide on a case, but with reports of the HTC hard shell above are worrying.

Guest trishmac

Hiya ..just saw your post. I will take a pic when i get home for you. I'm biased..but the One is just awesome ^_^ x

oie_8192350SL5RxXdL_zps79cdcf23.jpgoie_8192251u1i8OeSV_zps393f5887.jpgoie_8192157QFKkNVSS_zpsa05b6ad6.jpgoie_8192049twXBQbvm_zps6e225622.jpg

Hi @masterpfa : first 2 the Barely There..little bit thicker than the one I had for my Nexus..making the volume buttons a little fiddly.but ok. Second 2 ..the cheaper bling one..but my case of choice as it's actually really slim..just as nice to hold. The Nillkin case as mentioned before by @gadgetshop is also really good. ^_^ x

Edited by trishmac

Guest masterpfa

Hiya ..just saw your post. I will take a pic when i get home for you. I'm biased..but the One is just awesome ^_^ x

oie_8192350SL5RxXdL_zps79cdcf23.jpgoie_8192251u1i8OeSV_zps393f5887.jpgoie_8192157QFKkNVSS_zpsa05b6ad6.jpgoie_8192049twXBQbvm_zps6e225622.jpg

Hi @masterpfa : first 2 the Barely There..little bit thicker than the one I had for my Nexus..making the volume buttons a little fiddly.but ok. Second 2 ..the cheaper bling one..but my case of choice as it's actually really slim..just as nice to hold. The Nillkin case as mentioned before by @gadgetshop is also really good. ^_^ x

Thanks @trishmac these cases seem just about right for a phone like the HTC One

But I must confess within 24 hrs I ended up returning the device, a few niggly things about Sense especially the quick launch bar along the bottom

Why oh why oh why HTC, why????????????

I just could not get on with it as this and a few things, were an annoyance. I ended up towing the family line and getting the S4

Just my own opinion but I did find the HTC One smoother in operation with no lag or stutters, this I cannot say for the S4.

But in the scheme of things the larger screen won the day for me with addition (although not always necessary) functions won me over.

Guest trishmac

Thanks @trishmac these cases seem just about right for a phone like the HTC One

But I must confess within 24 hrs I ended up returning the device, a few niggly things about Sense especially the quick launch bar along the bottom

Why oh why oh why HTC, why????????????

I just could not get on with it as this and a few things, were an annoyance. I ended up towing the family line and getting the S4

Just my own opinion but I did find the HTC One smoother in operation with no lag or stutters, this I cannot say for the S4.

But in the scheme of things the larger screen won the day for me with addition (although not always necessary) functions won me over.

Hiya. I totally understand. I'm the same. If I have a few niggles it puts me off a device <_<

I'm really not a Samsung fan, but the S4 is still a class phone.I hope you have lots of fun with it.

My One isn't perfect, but i love it anyway..which is just as well since I have a 2 year contract with it lol :P

Guest masterpfa

Hiya. I totally understand. I'm the same. If I have a few niggles it puts me off a device <_<

I'm really not a Samsung fan, but the S4 is still a class phone.I hope you have lots of fun with it.

My One isn't perfect, but i love it anyway..which is just as well since I have a 2 year contract with it lol :P

I feel your pain regarding the 2 year contract, in a way I am too with the S4 but I have the O2 refresh which is a 2 year contract but with 2 elements.

1. Mobile contract

2.Interest free phone repayment.

In my case £15 a month for the phone (total cost £429) but this can be paid up at any time so once I sell my Galaxy Nexus (yes I still have all my old devices) and make additional payments I can theoretically clear the outstanding payments within 4 months, once the phone is paid off, I will no longer be under contract just continue to pay for £22 /mth (before any discounts) for the air time. This allows me to update to a new phone as and when they become available, just going through the same process again.

Had this not been available I would have been happy to carry on with my N4 alone as opposed to the 2 together, :D

Edited by masterpfa

Guest trishmac

I feel your pain regarding the 2 year contract, in a way I am too with the S4 but I have the O2 refresh which is a 2 year contract but with 2 elements.

1. Mobile contract

2.Interest free phone repayment.

In my case £15 a month for the phone (total cost £429) but this can be paid up at any time so once I sell my Galaxy Nexus (yes I still have all my old devices) and make additional payments I can theoretically clear the outstanding payments within 4 months, once the phone is paid off, I will no longer be under contract just continue to pay for £22 /mth (before any discounts) for the air time. This allows me to update to a new phone as and when they become available, just going through the same process again.

Had this not been available I would have been happy to carry on with my N4 alone as opposed to the 2 together, :D

That's awesome! I like your thinking. :D Wish I'd worked out a system like that. I shall keep it in mind ;) :P x

( I'm with O2 too..didn't even know about Refresh..that'll teach me to pay attention) :P

Edited by trishmac

Guest masterpfa

That's awesome! I like your thinking. :D Wish I'd worked out a system like that. I shall keep it in mind ;) :P x

( I'm with O2 too..didn't even know about Refresh..that'll teach me to pay attention) :P

I'm always looking for the best deals, everywhere come high or come low.

"So Ms Trishmac are you paying attention now?" :angry: :D

PS Had enough of the S4 too many glitches for me so it's being sold ASAP, can I ask you as a woman,

how best to win back the love of my N4, I have been unfaithful to her, I have been silly, I feel such a fool and she feels so cheated , what would you suggest, cases, new dock, screen protectors, I'm so worried I may have lost her forever.......... :( :blush: :huh:

Edited by masterpfa

Guest trishmac

I'm always looking for the best deals, everywhere come high or come low.

"So Ms Trishmac are you paying attention now?" :angry: :D

PS Had enough of the S4 too many glitches for me so it's being sold ASAP, can I ask you as a woman,

how best to win back the love of my N4, I have been unfaithful to her, I have been silly, I feel such a fool and she feels so cheated , what would you suggest, cases, new dock, screen protectors, I'm so worried I may have lost her forever.......... :( :blush: :huh:

:D lol.. I am indeed! :P Well..you see now that the grass is not always greener and you seem genuinely remorseful. I think a shiny new accessory, and some tlc, is in order. I'm sure she will forgive your moment of weakness :blush: I wouldn't mention O2 Refresh to her tho <_< :P Good luck..happy grovelling ;) x