Camera comes out of focus just before taking a picture

Guest CrystalLettuce

Guest CrystalLettuce

I'm having this problem with my Ascend. Whenever I try to take a picture, especially of something up close, it looks in focus at first but always, without exception, comes out as a blurry mess when I try to take the picture. I hoped upgrading to ICS might help, but nothing. It doesn't make sense for it to be a hardware issue though if it looks in focus until I press the button. Just to make sure, I tried my Dad's cheaper Samsung phone and it had no problems taking a close up picture.

What's wrong?

Guest Rico_89

Try turning off auto focus and touch screen to focus.

And the ICS stock camera is best for this phone: here's a video I made:

For close ups, don't get too close to the object and make sure the background it bright (white paper or cloth behind the object) , then take the picture, pinch zoom and take a screen shot (volume down + power button) and it's almost as good as macro mode.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest Aceion

I have same problem

When taking picture, after focusing, image is really clear and focused, and after clicking the shutter button it blurs a little (not metter how steady phone was)

Someone told me its cuz of slow sd card (I had class 2) but after getting 10class sd card nothing changed.

I tried all programs above and Snap camera, still same.

So it perhaps is hardware problem?