Infusion B06 In-Use Stability

Guest slarkins

Guest slarkins

Hi,

I am fairly new to this forum after having just purchased a Huawei G300 a few weeks ago. I successfully flashed Infusion B06 B944 a couple of days after getting the phone and I really like some of the features, including the better music player sound without the stupid echo-effect on the sound that the stock ROM has. But there have been quite a few stability problems over the last 10 days:

1. The Walkman app stopped playing after 15 minutes of use one day. It suddenly failed to read any music files (m4a and mp3 mix) from the SD card. When I used the "My Files" App I could see the SD card and all music files on it and could click the tracks and play them with another music app, but Walkman couldn't see the SD card music any more - it reported "no music tracks" in My Music. A restart didn't help - only a battery remove and replace fixed the issue.

2. As stock Email didn't seem to be in Infusion (which is a shame), I downloaded and installed K-9 Mail, which was a total bitch to set up compared to Stock ICS Email - not intuitive and took ages to manually enter all the IMAP server details that stock Email seemed to know already. Since installing K-9 there have been repeated problems with the K-9 client coming up with errors and failing to send messages. A phone re-start is required. I know the server settings are right as it sends and receives mail fine on all accounts most of the time.I guess this could be a K-9 bug or something to do with Infusion; not sure which. It comes up with some (Lib error message) when it stops and requires a phone restart to fix.

3. Yesterday the phone stopped making calls - the calling interface suggested it was making a call but the call never connected and there was no sound. The 3G signal was four bars at the time and I was in a known good signal area. Restarting the phone fixed the issue.

4. In "System Settings > About Phone" it says my phone is a Desire HD - when it is a Huawei G300. In "Infusion Settings" OTA Updater to check for an infusion update doesn't work - it reports "Error fetching update info: Invalid ROM (infusB944) & device (ace) combo! Presumably this is because Infusion thinks it's an HTC phone??!!

I am thinking of flashing Huawei B952 stock ROM for now, as it seems a lot more stable. My daughter has it and she hasn't had any of crash issues and has used the phone extensively over the same period as me. The minus points with the stock ROM appear to be a lot less free RAM compared to Infusion and a more crappy music player. It would however be nice to get more stability and the Stock Email client too, as well as I hate K-9.

To this end, I have 2030 baseband and was thinking of following the procedure on http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/install-the-custom-rom/ as it implies that I can flash the official ICS 952 release over a custom ROM if I wipe the phone using pretty much the same procedure as I used to blow Infusion. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks! Are there any 'gotchas' in installing a stiock ROM over a custom ROM?

Thanks for your support /help/ advice...

Guest tillaz

Hi,

I am fairly new to this forum after having just purchased a Huawei G300 a few weeks ago. I successfully flashed Infusion B06 B944 a couple of days after getting the phone and I really like some of the features, including the better music player sound without the stupid echo-effect on the sound that the stock ROM has. But there have been quite a few stability problems over the last 10 days:

1. The Walkman app stopped playing after 15 minutes of use one day. It suddenly failed to read any music files (m4a and mp3 mix) from the SD card. When I used the "My Files" App I could see the SD card and all music files on it and could click the tracks and play them with another music app, but Walkman couldn't see the SD card music any more - it reported "no music tracks" in My Music. A restart didn't help - only a battery remove and replace fixed the issue.

2. As stock Email didn't seem to be in Infusion (which is a shame), I downloaded and installed K-9 Mail, which was a total bitch to set up compared to Stock ICS Email - not intuitive and took ages to manually enter all the IMAP server details that stock Email seemed to know already. Since installing K-9 there have been repeated problems with the K-9 client coming up with errors and failing to send messages. A phone re-start is required. I know the server settings are right as it sends and receives mail fine on all accounts most of the time.I guess this could be a K-9 bug or something to do with Infusion; not sure which. It comes up with some (Lib error message) when it stops and requires a phone restart to fix.

3. Yesterday the phone stopped making calls - the calling interface suggested it was making a call but the call never connected and there was no sound. The 3G signal was four bars at the time and I was in a known good signal area. Restarting the phone fixed the issue.

4. In "System Settings > About Phone" it says my phone is a Desire HD - when it is a Huawei G300. In "Infusion Settings" OTA Updater to check for an infusion update doesn't work - it reports "Error fetching update info: Invalid ROM (infusB944) & device (ace) combo! Presumably this is because Infusion thinks it's an HTC phone??!!

I am thinking of flashing Huawei B952 stock ROM for now, as it seems a lot more stable. My daughter has it and she hasn't had any of crash issues and has used the phone extensively over the same period as me. The minus points with the stock ROM appear to be a lot less free RAM compared to Infusion and a more crappy music player. It would however be nice to get more stability and the Stock Email client too, as well as I hate K-9.

To this end, I have 2030 baseband and was thinking of following the procedure on http://huaweig300.co...the-custom-rom/ as it implies that I can flash the official ICS 952 release over a custom ROM if I wipe the phone using pretty much the same procedure as I used to blow Infusion. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks! Are there any 'gotchas' in installing a stiock ROM over a custom ROM?

Thanks for your support /help/ advice...

1.) download a different music player, Google Play Music is good option

https://play.google....m9pZC5tdXNpYyJd

2.) check the add-on section of the infusion thread and you will find the stock email add-on

3.) never seen or heard of this before

4.) your phone says HTC Desire to enable all games in the market, and to make gameloft games work

the OTA error is because i discontinued the ROM a good while ago, and removed it from the server as there wont be anymore updates

Guest slarkins

Thanks Tillaz. I took a look for the Stock Email Add-On, but couldn't see it in the expanding list on the page "Add ons are found inside here". Am I looking in the wrong place?

Regarding Google Play Music - would that work with the DSP graphic equaliser or was that just set up for Walkman?

Thanks...

Guest tillaz

Thanks Tillaz. I took a look for the Stock Email Add-On, but couldn't see it in the expanding list on the page "Add ons are found inside here". Am I looking in the wrong place?

Regarding Google Play Music - would that work with the DSP graphic equaliser or was that just set up for Walkman?

Thanks...

hmm, looks like my stock app add-on's are gone,

yes DSP will work with most music players from the market

here is an add-on for stock email

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/0e086025c5/

Guest TangerineTractor

The best IMAP mail client is aqua mail. Try the free version... guaranteed you'll pay for the pro upgrade to remove the signature within a week!