Infusion B06 to Stock ICS 952 change - Help!

Guest slarkins

Guest slarkins

Hi,

I would like to change from Infusion B06 (944) to Huawei Stock 952 update and have tried the "five year old" procedure on http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/install-the-custom-rom/ with CWM, but the Huawei 952 firmware update aborts immediately as it appears to do a check of the previous installed version and will not install over Infusion. In short CWM cannot be used to install this Stock 952 Release.

Question: should I force the update as per the Huawei Stock ICS 952 instructions and if I do that will it break the phone as the previous version is not what the installer will expect (I.E. it's a CUSTOM ROM)? Force update seems to involve holding the up and down volume buttons whilst powering the phone up, after unzipping the update onto the SD Card.

MY BIG CONCERN: If I force the update will it break the phone or cause problems?! If Force Update is allowed and will work, presumably I need to Wipe Dalvik Cache and Wipe Data/Factory reset then Wipe Cache Partition afterwards through CWM? Please let me know if Force Update is going to work or what the risks are and what procedure to follow...

If someone could help by outlining the correct procedure for this it would be appreciated. I don't want to end up with a broken, unusable phone!

Thanks for any help received.

Steve

Guest ficko98

b960 have low ringing volume, like every vodafone rom, in stock+ (b960) that bug has removed.

@slarkins it u prefer stock then install b952 dload, else install stock+ or lightning.

Guest tillaz

b960 have low ringing volume, like every vodafone rom, in stock+ (b960) that bug has removed.

you just need to make a small change to the build.prop

change this to false

ro.config.ringtone_vol_adjust=true