Mounting 16GB MicroSDHC Class 4 doesn't work

Guest deksman2

Guest deksman2

Hey guys...

I've posted this in KontanT's thread for JB 4.2.2 ROM but I might as well do it as a new thread.

The ROM works great for me... however, I'm experiencing a problem with my ADATA MicroSDHC 16GB card (class 4).

Namely, my old card (which had same specs) apparently somehow got damaged (wouldn't mount anymore and apparently became corrupted in a good portion since neither formatting or error correction worked) and I got a replacement.

I tried the new card in my laptop. Formatted fine (FAT32 - just like the old one), checked for errors (came up clean), copied over the newest ROM and some personal files (pics, etc,) to the card.

I was even able to install the ROM and gapps in CWM from that card... which means CWM registers it just fine, and I also initiated USB mounting from there and accessed the card from the laptop (again everything worked great).

But... after the ROM and gapps were installed, the OS kept seeing the MicroSD card as being connected, then disconnected/removed, then connected again, disconnected/removed again... and so on and on and on endlessly (the OS simply couldn't read it).

I tried it again in CWM... it reads the card just fine.

I tried it in the laptop... works just fine.

Boot up the ROM with the 16GB MicroSD inside, and the OS goes bonkers on the card (it keeps up with the removed/connected endless loop).

Anyone has any idea what's happening?

My 2GB MicroSD that came with the Blade works fine in the OS (so I'm using that for the moment)... but to me it seems as if the OS cannot work with this new 16GB card.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. Upon further experimentation, the ADATA 16GB MicroSDHC Class4 card in question seems to mount just fine when its completely empty. The moment I put ANYTHING on it, it would appear that the Blade refuses to mount the card.

CWM behaves the same - but the strange part is, CWM still seems to want to install a new ROM whose zip file is located on that card - but try to mount the card, and it says it encountered an error.

The card itself seems to be fine... I can manipulate it to no end on a laptop with data on (which is readable), just not on a mobile - the moment the card has any data on it, the Blade refuses to mount it.

Guest deksman2

Ok... here's an update:

I used the MicroSD adapter with that 16GB MicroSDHC card on my laptop and ran the following command in command prompt: chkdsk f: /r (f: being the drive letter for the MicroSD adapter).

After I ran that and transferred files to it, I put it into the Blade and the card mounted fine.

However... after about a minute or so it again dismounted on its own, mounted, dismounted... and on and on and on.

I don't get it.

The card is operational. It works fine on my laptop with the MicroSD adapter, but it refuses to work in the Blade... and the chkdsk command seems to make it functional only temporarily on the Blade with files on it... if the card is empty, it mounts just fine, but start writing data on it and the Blade goes bonkers.

CWM can still install the ROM zip and gapps from that card... but incidentally, refuses to mount the card (reports an error).

It looks as if I will have to RMA the card seeing how its useless and request a different one.

Edited by deksman2