[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest thomcd

Sorry, I didn't mean to state you having provided the same script as the one on XDA, I didn't knew you created the script yourself. I needed to know if the scripts on XDA could be installed on the Skate, but since you stated that you did had to make a script yourself, I know the answer now. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Edited by thomcd

Guest edyy_97

No works in2ext in this rom.. unrecognized EXT partition.. searching for the files explorer appear in init.d the script of int2ext so its posible flash it but does nothing

@thomcd

It's fine. I was not complaining although it might sound like that. Sorry, but I don't feel like providing support for different types of internal memory extending methods. I have already too much on my plate So this is something users should elaborate on themselves. I use link2sd, BTW.

Guest Wacky.ddw

If the transparency is set to 0% the transition effects off and scrolling speed to 75% this rom is really fast and stable. I never used any of your other 4.x.x roms but this one is amazing! Great work!

just out of curiosity how comes flash is working on cm10 but not on PA and this. And they cant get fm radio working on cm10. cant you take the working camera code from cm10? And cm10 take fm from this rom?

Well, flash (you mean adobe flash I suppose). Another one I don't care about. That's 3rd party app, not even officially compatible with armv6. I know that hacked versions work on GB roms but I am not going to put any effort to make them work on 4.x roms. Waste of time for me.

If you mean camera flash. I don't knoe of any 4.x ROM that has led flash working.

Regarding FM on cm10.1. Strange they can't get it to work since I ported it from CM10.1 sources to all of my non-CM 4.2 roms :)

They simply must be missing some essential parts of it, I suppose.

Not too hard to look into my ParanoidZTE git - pa-cm-10.1 branch. All of my commits regarding FM are there.

My Slim related source branch is not there yet. It will be published tomorrow after I clean it a bit.

Edited by C3C0

Guest thomcd

How did you install int2ext+, I've tried anything flashing the zip in recovery, modifying the ROM by placing the 40int2ext in the etc/init.d folder. I'm using a 1GB ext3 partition created by recovery, I checked if the sdext is mounted in mounts and storages and it is but in apps the total space is only the internal memory.

Guest iYowo

How did you install int2ext+, I've tried anything flashing the zip in recovery, modifying the ROM by placing the 40int2ext in the etc/init.d folder. I'm using a 1GB ext3 partition created by recovery, I checked if the sdext is mounted in mounts and storages and it is but in apps the total space is only the internal memory.

1 flashed rom

2 boot to rom

3 flash int2ext+

4 boot to rom

5 flash gapps ... reboot

:)

Guest thomcd

1 flashed rom

2 boot to rom

3 flash int2ext+

4 boot to rom

5 flash gapps ... reboot

:)

Doesn't work, which ext format (ext2,ext3 or ext4) are you using? And how did you format your ext partition? Clockworkmod or on pc with a program?

Edit : also which int2ext+ script do you use. I'm using C3C0's script for PA2-Jelly in the RootBox thread (last page).

Edited by thomcd

Guest thomcd

Any way to have the default lockscreen circle instaid of the slim one?

install Holo Locker, it's a fully functional JB lockscreen, it's not a themed lockscreen lookalike, but the actual JB lockscreen. Or you could copy the SystemUI from PA2 Jelly or Rootbox, although I think this is not recommended and maybe dangerous.

Guest Bandaranaike

Guys can somebody please write how does this rom compare to root box in terms of speeds and responsiveness? I ask because rb is quite fast and id be hard pressed to give up all the functionality which, I see, slim bean lacks.

Guest thomcd

I've given up on int2ext+ scripts, I've tried everything, ext2, ext3, ext4, swap and no swap, fresh SD (complete wipe). I think it has something to do with my SD card, I'm using a sandisk mobile ultra 32gb microsdhc card (Class 6, but with the performance of a Class 8), maybe the int2ext scripts don't like big cards. Switching back to S2E now.

Edited by thomcd

Guest wizard.no.84

clean instal:

1. rom

2. gapps

3. kernel

4. in2ext+

booted the phone, and "voila" :D

Guest thomcd

Kernel? I followed a couple of tutorials but none mention a kernel. Turns out the modified S2E I downloaded doesn't work with this ROM, can't mount the ext3 either. Switching back to PA2-Jelly now. Edit : Flashed PA2-Jelly and int2ext+ script, worked from the first time so problem is the SlimBean ROM.

Edited by thomcd

Hey guys, hold it right there :) It's not like "this ROM is not compatible with int2ext". It's the other way around: "int2ext is not compatible with this ROM" :)

BTW, EXT3 works here with my Link2SD

S2E is not supported, neither. I can fix it like I did in PJ roms so that the S2E can be used using "mount as ext4". But... You'll have to wait for the next build.

Looks like S2E fix is already in the ROM. So this should work. If not then the fix probably didn't make it into the final build. But I can see the commit for it already in.

Edited by C3C0

Um. Not yet. Thanks for pointing this out. I thought it works as is with the previous patches.

Change will be a part of the new release.

@all

Consider donating to daemond. He deserves it for the amount of work he's done to make our Skate 4.x roms better.