My phone is bricked

Guest JellyCream

Guest JellyCream

Hello to everyone, sorry for my bad English, i've a big problem with my Ascend g300. This morning I've installed the CyanoGenMod 10.1. I didn't like it and I've installed the official update B954. After, I've tried to downgrade to GingerBread from this package: After the restarting, my phone stopped to the Huawei Logo. I restarded the phone in recovery mode and it was dowgraded by the rom. My version was 6.0.1.8. I tried to upgrade the CWM to the last version (touch hybrid) dowloading the touch hybrid archive in this article (), but now it doesn't start. How I can resolve it?

Guest JellyCream

So you cant boot into CWM recovery?

Yes. The CMW doesn't start. the bottoms and the led are lighting now when i press VolumeUp+Start bottom.

Edited by JellyCream

Guest jsevi83

Install CWM5, it should work in GB baseband. Then you can install from recovery the rom you want to use. I think CWM6 and Hybrid recovery don't work in GB baseband.

Guest JellyCream

Try force updating to ICS B960. You need to go to the huawei website and find an update.app.

Ok now the phone works. I forced the update with B952. I don't find B960 and online upgrade doesn't find it. Now there is a problem: the notify bar doesn't show me the bottom for enable/disable the function as wi-fi, bluetooth, 3G internet connection ecc. Where I can find the official ROM vodafone IT? How I can downgrade the sistem?

Guest kyan31

Ok now the phone works. I forced the update with B952. I don't find B960 and online upgrade doesn't find it. Now there is a problem: the notify bar doesn't show me the bottom for enable/disable the function as wi-fi, bluetooth, 3G internet connection ecc. Where I can find the official ROM vodafone IT? How I can downgrade the sistem?

What do you mean by notify bar? Can you post a screenshot please :)

Guest JellyCream

What do you mean by notify bar? Can you post a screenshot please :)

ah yes xD

14ti5l.png

Also, the lockscreen is different:

1zlvzhw.png

They was:

G300Lockscreen.png

(similiar at my old notify menù)

Barra%252520notifiche%25255B3%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

Guest kyan31

Oh I understand now, your toolbox.apk hasn't been activated yet. Now that you have your phone booted, flash a recovery, and then flash a B960 repack. Stock+ would be a good choice as it is B960, it has tweaks, yet it still has the stock feel. If the stock feel is what you want, use it :)

Guest JellyCream

Can I used this archive (http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDY4ODE=) for re-brand the phone and obtain the official vodafone updates? Also, I have a different recovery menù with the logo that exits when I install an official android update. Do I need to re-rooting the phone?

Edited by JellyCream

Guest JellyCream

You can try, but this will take you back to GB.

I Know it, i don't use application that requires android 4.0.3. For the dowgrade, do I use volup+voldown+start?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest george109

Yes, to force an update, you do volume UP + Down +Power, Make sure everything is on the external SD Card, as from what I hear, you just get a pink screen otherwise.