Network unlock help!

Guest Jamie Tees

Guest Jamie Tees

Hey guys,

So I have been using the awesome Jelly Bean Rom from Dazzozo for quite some now and I'm loving it, I want to switch to 3 from Vodafone as let's face it, Vodafone is s*** for us internet heavy users where as 3 is pretty amazing.

Now problem is I have no idea on how to network unlock the device, I know there is a hacky way to do it, but will that work on the latest CM 10.1 from Dazzozo?

Would appreciate some steps to follow so I can get this done as I want to cut 20 euros off my phone bills and have one handset using 3 instead of a vodafone and 3 handset :)

Regards,

Jamie

Guest kyan31

Hey guys,

So I have been using the awesome Jelly Bean Rom from Dazzozo for quite some now and I'm loving it, I want to switch to 3 from Vodafone as let's face it, Vodafone is s*** for us internet heavy users where as 3 is pretty amazing.

Now problem is I have no idea on how to network unlock the device, I know there is a hacky way to do it, but will that work on the latest CM 10.1 from Dazzozo?

Would appreciate some steps to follow so I can get this done as I want to cut 20 euros off my phone bills and have one handset using 3 instead of a vodafone and 3 handset smile.png

Regards,

Jamie

Apparently the CM10/CM10.1 roms actually unlock the phone :blink:

Try a different sim card inside, you might not have to pay anything! Now, if you want to permanently unlock, you must buy an unlock code from ebay. These ones are good:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Huawei-Mobile-Phone-Unlock-Code-inc-Vodafone-858-U8800-U8815-G300-Ascend-more-/111003966612?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19d85a1c94

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HUAWEI-UNLOCK-UNLOCKING-CODE-U8815-G300-Ascend-Vodafone-Titan-X5-Ideos-U8800-/290867263025?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43b90a3631

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HUAWEI-MOBILE-SIMBLOCK-UNLOCK-CODE-for-ASCEND-VODAFONE-ALL-U8815-G300-858-U8800-/160975259967?pt=UK_Phones_Software_RL&hash=item257adf893f

Once you have the code, you need to (unfortunately) flash a stock/stock based rom. Insert an unknown sim, and it will ask for the unlock code. Enter it in, and the phone is now unlocked permenantly. Now just flash back to CM or whatever you want.

Guest Jamie Tees

Does cm unlock for everyone because it didn't seem to work for me ?? Is it related to the update app I flashed previously??

What firmware are you on? As it worked right away for me, 3 is now porting my number :D

Guest Jamie Tees

No how did you upgrade to ICS in the first place??

No how did you upgrade to ICS in the first place??

I don't think I did. I just flashed right away from the stock I was on to Jellybean. :D

Guest irishpancake

What's weird is CM10.1 was never designed to unlock the phone, it was pretty much an accident I believe :P

Are you saying it's a permanent SIM/network unlock??

If you flash another ROM, will you be Network locked again??

What does *#*#2846579#*#* show...

you should get Testing screen...

with Menu containing MMITest_II and ProjectMenu

Click on ProjectMenu.....then you get 5 options

Click 3. Network setting

another Menu opens called NetSetting

Click 2. SIM card lock state query

You will get a pop-up showing your SIM card lock state.....see pic

Screenshot_2013-03-24-14-43-56.jpg

Mine shows SIMLOCK_DEACTIVE as expected, I paid for it.....

What does a phone with CM10.1 show??

anyone?

Or will the above only work on Stock or Stock based ROM's??

• 1 month later...
Guest InToJungle

Hey guys,

Would appreciate some steps to follow so I can get this done as I want to cut 20 euros off my phone bills and have one handset using 3 instead of a vodafone and 3 handset :)

Regards,

Jamie

Using unlock code is the best and easy way to unlock Huawei Ascend G300 . You can get the unlock code from Service provider or from online sites like http://www.unlock-zone.com/huawei-ascend-g300-u8815/rs16wp9/ . There you have to give your Country and current network name along with your IMEI number to get the unlock code. They will give you the unlock code along with instruction on how to unlock. Follow the instruction correctly and unlock your Huawei Ascend G300 .

Edited by InToJungle

Guest sharkyo01

My god 39usd for an unlock code your being ripped off... Modaco approved unlocking for 3.95gbp or 5euro....

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362050-modaco-approved-huawei-unlock-codes-request-here-375/[/CODE]

Guest sharkyo01

I was talking about the 4 codes that are supplied from unlocking companies : -

The FIRST code is the NETWORK UNLOCK PIN Code

The LAST code is the Simblock/RESET code in case if your phone counter is BLOCKED and its asking to Reset

SECOND and THIRD codes are needed for some phones only which ask for Service Provider Code (ex. U8510 Tesco phones)

Guest denzele

Network SIM unlock code and to unlock bootloader are 2 most important codes you will need mate...

PUK code for reseting locked SIM card you can get this from your operator ( or just disable SIM lock so no need for code).

Second and third code no idea what is it...but it wont cost you nothing to supply all info for all codes and send to Huawei...

Good Luck...

Guest doley

i mailed Huaweii and asked for an unlock code and got this email back from them

We don't provide unlock code directly to customer, please contact our ASC technical helpline for more info

Huawei Technical Support

Tel: 0844 800 6800