[ROM][Crescent] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (07/04/2013)

Guest gbosh

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dodgetimmy

A problem recently surfaced where sometimes my WiFi crashes when being turned off and then on again. When this happens I have to reboot, but it seems to occur again after the phone sleeps.

Other, minor glitches are not being able to reach the browser address bar when the copy and paste bar is visible and also the occasional force stop/multi coloured screen when closing or opening apps.

I'll flash v7 and I expect the WiFi problem to go away again, just not quite sure what caused it

Edit, regarding the WiFi problem, has anyone tried to enable WiFi off during sleep in WiFi settings? Because this seems to cause the problem.

Edit 2, another couple of issues I failed to mention was that often the screen won't turn on and I'll have to wait for a min before I can turn it on again. Almost like it thinks it's turned on but isn't, so have to wait until it auto turns off before being able to turn it on again.

The other is the camera, sometimes the camera just shows black for me with no image, at other times it causes force closes of gallery.apk.

By no means am I am experienced debugger, but if there's anything I can do to help resolve any of this let me know.

Guest OuahOuah

Don't expect anything with Android 4.

Will always be buggy, espacially for camera problems. Thanks ZTE...

Others bugs may appera... so...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dovahpig

Any new builds?

Early versions were crap even for my G300, latest builds are superfast and great battery life.

I think Crescent would benefit too with newer version.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Plumeex

Hello everyone, I have a question about this rom.

I tried to install another bootscreen (manually, replacing bootanimation.zip (I set permissions to 644 + modified desc.txt) and with an app) but everytime the phone did nothing after the splash screen. I had to remove the battery and restore "system" with CWM.

I read that some roms are not compatible with custom bootscreens, so here's the question : Is it?

Thanks a lot to everyone who takes time to reply.

I would like to thank the author for his work, too. :) This rom is perfect for my Crescent - lightweight and fast.

Guest reedo_17

Pretty unrelated but didn'twant to start a new thread

bci.png

Great to see, you should start a new thread so its all in the same place as its cm10.12 not slimbean.

Edited by reedo_17

Guest reedo_17

I will when there's something a little more stable, the current build crashes every few mins

Oh right quite a big problem. Also any info on what is actually working already?

Guest dt_matthews

I will when there's something a little more stable, the current build crashes every few mins

Great stuff though dude :)

Edited by dt_matthews

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reedo_17

gbosh any chance of an updated cm10.1 ? as I saw it updated to cm10.1.3 the other day. Also on the cm10.1 rom how do you set up an app partition I have made a partition (1gb with 0 swap) using cwm recovery now what do I do? Thanks

Guest dt_matthews

gbosh any chance of an updated cm10.1 ? as I saw it updated to cm10.1.3 the other day. Also on the cm10.1 rom how do you set up an app partition I have made a partition (1gb with 0 swap) using cwm recovery now what do I do? Thanks

re apps on sd-ext partition - I use link2sd app and it works fine.

and yes, @gbosh, an updated version of this AWESOME rom would be super fine ;)

Edited by dt_matthews

Guest reedo_17

re apps on sd-ext partition - I use link2sd app and it works fine.

and yes, @gbosh, an updated version of this AWESOME rom would be super fine ;)

Do I need to flash any scripts or just install link2sd then what?

Guest dt_matthews

Do I need to flash any scripts or just install link2sd then what?

the app will install the required scripts on first run (it will notify you of this and confirm if it has been successful and if so that you need to reboot for the scripts to take effect).

Guest reedo_17

the app will install the required scripts on first run (it will notify you of this and confirm if it has been successful and if so that you need to reboot for the scripts to take effect).

Opened the app all that happened was it asked for root then asked what type my partition was eg ext2 and then failed