quick question about backup to be 100% sure

Guest Wellus

Guest Wellus

Hello, i never did anything with android in installing custom roms and even rooting and i am going to try soon, but i have a question, does full backup writen in this link will make complete backup? i mean even recovery mode and after i recover my phone will it be completely the same? no root, stock rom, stock recovery and etc?

Edited by Wellus

Guest andy/newbie

It will make a full bk up of your current ROM in cwm you will still have cwm and your backed up ROM will be the same .once u install cwm u lose stock recovery

Guest denzele

It's all in there my friend...root install cmw do backup..see threads in modaco as well about root ,cmw,backup etc. if you not sure like you said...

Guest fr0do

No

That backup works from recovery, so the same recovery has to be there to restore it.

You go back to a vanilla install using an official update.app that you install by booting with a couple of key presses. Any settings and data ON THE PHONE will be completely lost. Anything on the SD card will be untouched.

Guest Wellus

so i have to install clockwork, do backup, when i want to return, i have to restore to my backup? but after that is it possible to return to stock recovery? i need that incase of warranty, because of several incidents, if you have custom rom, or anything non stock and your headphone jack is broken they will say that it is roms fault... and thats just lame, if jack is physically broken, how can soft be responsible for that? (well this incident happened to friend)

Guest fr0do
if jack is physically broken, how can soft be responsible for that? (well this incident happened to friend)

Physically broken jack socket is always your fault. Unless you can prove manufacturing defect.