[JB][CM10.1]★Electra ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300★ ✰UPDATED 02/05/2013✰ ★V3★

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31
S**t! I forgot to update the mirror, I haven't done it for ages! :blink:

Sorry, I'll do it as soon as I get back to my PC (probably about 10AM tomorrow). Sorry :(

Its fine, I never noticed myself anyway :P

Guest DJPRMF

kyan31, when will you get a new PC to continue this excellent ROM?

I have changed to CM 10.1 only becouse this one is "outdated". But it used to be great! :D

Guest kyan31
kyan31, when will you get a new PC to continue this excellent ROM?

I have changed to CM 10.1 only becouse this one is "outdated". But it used to be great! :D

When I have the money to get one.

Guest fabiossilva21

Well I love this rom :) its awesome but if you could add wifi direct it would be amazing also I not telling you to do it, you do it if you want... :D

Guest DréFerreira

I tought this was a good rom, but after it made my phone reboot atumatically 4 times only 1 day and half after flashing it, i come to the conclusion that i have to get a better rom

I tought this was a good rom, but after it made my phone reboot atumatically 4 times only 1 day and half after flashing it, i come to the conclusion that i have to get a better rom

Have you officialy unlock the bootloader?

For me, before i do the official unlock, i have many reboots with any rom...

Edited by DJPRMF

It's based on CMR4 dude (old release). Of course it has reboots!

Guest colehole

Any thoughts on using Slim Rom for the next iteration of Tesla? I’ve been using the latest version since it came out and the only problem I’ve had is the odd freeze on the lock screen.

Any thoughts on using Slim Rom for the next iteration of Tesla? I’ve been using the latest version since it came out and the only problem I’ve had is the odd freeze on the lock screen.

I don't really want to base Tesla on other people's work, it kinda takes the fun out of things and I consider it cheating :P

Guest AlinG300

Hello,Kyan.I had followed every step which you written,i had installed the rom on my Huawei Ascend G300,and now my phone is completely FROZEN on lock screen.Every time when it is booted,the phone is frozen on lock screen,and I have to remove the battery.Please help me!!!

Edited by AlinG300

try to do all the wipes and re-install the zip. If it doesn't work, download official ICS :

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/mobile-phones/support/downloads/detail/u8815-en.htm?id=13968

and follow the instructions : extract the folder (dload) to your sdcard and start the phone with volume up and volume down pressed at same time to force a rom upgrade

You will have to do again

- root

- unlock boot loader

- install cwm

Hello,Kyan.I had followed every step which you written,i had installed the rom on my Huawei Ascend G300,and now my phone is completely FROZEN on lock screen.Every time when it is booted,the phone is frozen on lock screen,and I have to remove the battery.Please help me!!!

You probably need to reinstall. That doesn't sound right :huh:

• 1 month later...
Guest george109

my phone reboot sometimes :/

what is happening?

(sorry i'm not english)

Have you unlocked your bootloader? Please check by clicking the tutorial link in my signature.

Guest bmcl1993

Have you unlocked your bootloader? Please check by clicking the tutorial link in my signature.

but i can unnistall bootloader when i what put the official rom and take the root? (because if i whant send my phone to the garanty, and i send with modifications i lose the garanty)

Guest george109

but i can unnistall bootloader when i what put the official rom and take the root? (because if i whant send my phone to the garanty, and i send with modifications i lose the garanty)

If you unlock the bootloader, this does not void your warranty/guarantee.

You can relock the bootloader at any time.

Backup all of your apps though, as it does do a factory reset when you unlock

Electra is based on a very old CM release, so even if he unlocks, he will still face the reboots.

Guys i'm thinking of making a new ROM very similar to Electra, but obviously much more updated. I wont be updating Electra directly as it's based on a very old CM release, and i'm sure it will be difficult to port to newer releases as the source is probably quite different. Anyway, what version of JB do you think I should work on? I'm considering CM10 as its the fastest out of the lot, and the easiest to work with, but i'd like to get your opinions too.

Edited by kyan31

Guest george109

Guys i'm thinking of making a new ROM very similar to Electra, but obviously much more updated. I wont be updating Electra directly as it's based on a very old CM release, and i'm sure it will be difficult to port to newer releases as the source is probably quite different. Anyway, what version of JB do you think I should work on? I'm considering CM10 as its the fastest out of the lot, and the easiest to work with, but i'd like to get your opinions too.

I think you should do CM10 too.

Also, This is probably going to be frowned upon, but please could you also do a Gingerbread ROM, which is based on this CM7, as this is the ROM with the most free RAM and the fastest ROM for most people. Thanks :)

EDIT: CM10, not CM19!  :P

Edited by george109

I think you should do CM10 too.

Also, This is probably going to be frowned upon, but please could you also do a Gingerbread ROM, which is based on this CM7, as this is the ROM with the most free RAM and the fastest ROM for most people. Thanks :)

EDIT: CM10, not CM19!  :P

Yes I was considering making a CM7/GB ROM, but first I'm waiting for a full source repo, so I can compile from source. It's not necessary, but its will be the most stable and up to date. It seems the current CM7 ROMs have issues, which can put people off no matter how good the ROMs features etc.

Guest bmcl1993

but in portugal if you make root or something like that you lose guarantee... :/