Just got my G300 - Where's the Voice Dialer?

Guest lpinho

Guest lpinho

Hi there,

I just received my G300, I'm still using my stock rom v4.0.3 (just rooted and removed the Vodafone applications).

After installing a few applications I tried to use my BT to make a call, I pair it with the G300, then clicked on the BT button and nothing happens. I pressed twice (redial) and nothing happens.

I tried to look for the voice dialer and its gone???

Did the same happened to you guys?

I need voice dialer working because I hate to drive and have to look to the phone (besides security issues).

Any help, alternatives are welcome, I just need to dial someone without touching the screen,

Thanks,

Luís Miguel Pinho

Guest fr0do

Sounds like you removed a shared app like contacts. (Contacts and dialer are the same app)

Don't quite understand what you mean by BT though.... do you mean you paired to another device via Bluetooth??

Edit..

Sorry, I get you.. Bluetooth headset.

Edited by fr0do

Guest lpinho

Hi fr0do,

I checked the uninstalled applications, I just removed the Vodafone applications, nothing else, do you think its possible that any of the Vodafone application does the job that Voice Dialer did?

I can restore all the Vodafone application just to make sure.

I've got some new data regarding this problem, I've downloaded a 4.0.3 version of Voice Dialer, and installed it. Then I moved to the system application and restarted the phone, it worked... well.... sort of....

I'm now able to use the button in my Bluetooth headset (sorry about the BT) to start a call and make the call using the CALL command, but its not very stable, after a few successful calls it stops working.

Lets see if I can improve it or find a more stable solution.

Regards,

Luis Pinho

@rwalton159: I got the apk from this forum page: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1665761

Edited by lpinho

Guest george109

You could use a custom ROM, but if you want the stock ROM, then you could open the zip that you can download from the sticky factory roms from huawei and look for contacts.apk in system/app and install it on the phone. first make sure you tick unknown sources in developer options in settings

Guest lpinho

Thanks Luis

You're welcome, sorry for not posting the link directly, dont want to take credit for someone elses job.

I'm currently trying out Stock+ (doesn't contain voice dialer either) and did the same thing, lets see how it goes.

Guest lpinho

Not working well for me. I'm using Cyda's Stock+ R6

Not stable, sometimes it works,but, most of the time its stuck in "Starting..." after pressing on the call button of the headset. The stupid thing is, if I press 2x (redial) it will unlock the starting... I hear the lady talking, but, it redials (like it should when its pressed 2x)

If yours goes down after speaking with an error, make sure its in the system apps place.

A friend of mine is using the same apk with Stock+ R6 and its working.

I will to get another version, just to make sure its not the apk fault.

Guest lpinho

Now using CM9.

This version comes with a Voice Dialler that works :)

But I'm having a problem with the Bluetooth, I'm able to connect the headset for 1 second, then, it goes down.

If I pair the headset again with my G300, it works perfectly, if I try to use an already paired device, it works only for one second.

But the voice dialler works well :P

If I solve the problem, I'll write the details

Guest rwalton159

I downloaded the apk from the xda site and used App2rom. Its not stable.

Thanks for persevering Ipinho :)

Edited by rwalton159