[ROM][JB]-Android Open Kang Project for the Huawei Ascend G300. R2 Updated: 22/4/2013

Guest raverrr

Guest raverrr
Is this a source build, rather than a CM mod?

Looks nice, will check it out next time I'm in a flashing mood - thanks for sharing!

Yes. But aokp is modded CM source ;)

Guest raverrr
I think this is from source...

Auto brightnes does not work, or thats just for me?

Well spotted. I would never have noticed. (Not sarcasm I don't use it)

Guest tillaz

AOKP is much more advanced than CM,

it has a load of unique source compared to anything else and new stuff submitted all the time > look

nice to see the G300 get a build, great work ;)

Guest raverrr
Thanks raverrr for the work! I am going to test this whenever i have some spare time...

Are you going to further develop this? ^_^

Yer. I'm going to fix it up as best as I can :)

Guest Pyntux

Thanks for making this rom... There's no option for tethering as I see? Can we know why? Just a curiosity...curiosity did not kill the cat... :) Will there be tetherin options in the next release?

Thanks

Edited by Pyntux

Guest raverrr
Thanks for making this rom... There's no option for tethering as I see? Can we know why? Just a curiosity...curiosity did not kill the cat... :) Will there be tetherin options in the next release?

Thanks

I couldn't tell you, but it it one of the things on my list of stuff to investigate.

Guest andy/newbie

Very smooth ROM no lag when I open app draw that's a first for a g300 jb rom .had to disable Google surch as of fc all the time its OK as I am using a 3rd party browser. And my games seem to run very good to,thanks again for this it has grate potential.

Guest raverrr
Very smooth ROM no lag when I open app draw that's a first for a g300 jb rom .had to disable Google surch as of fc all the time its OK as I am using a 3rd party browser. And my games seem to run very good to,thanks again for this it has grate potential.

Did you enable Google now? I haven't because I know its buggy and I have had no FC's

Guest raverrr

How's in-call sound qualty? Does pdanet work for tethering?

In call will be the same as CM10. Volume goes a bit to high if you are making a call in a noisy place.

Give it a go and tell us :)

Guest raverrr

My location not working

You sir, are a master of bug reports.

GPS turned on?

Location turned on?

GPS setup for your area?

Any error message?

just....any information at all?

Guest popoyaya

In call will be the same as CM10. Volume goes a bit to high if you are making a call in a noisy place.

Give it a go and tell us :)

That's me out then, my days as a masochist with bleeding ears are over now I'm on Baidu & Stock+. The difference is bliss.

Edited by popoyaya

Guest raverrr

That's me out then, my days as a masochist with bleeding ears are over now I'm on Baidu & Stock+. The difference is bliss.

This issue bugs me a bit to. I will be looking into possible fixes for this.Even if it means dissabling the "volume auto adjust"

Guest pejicgoran

You sir, are a master of bug reports.

GPS turned on?

Location turned on?

GPS setup for your area?

Any error message?

just....any information at all?

Location turned on in setings

data mobile turned on

wifi turned on

gps on

News and weather can not find my location.

Edited by pejicgoran

Guest raverrr

Location turned on in setings

data mobile turned on

wifi turned on

gps on

News and weather can not find my location.

Ah.. now we are cooking :). Maps finds me with data on. I'll try weather in a bit and add it to my list if I find the same. Cheers

Edit: right you are, just set it manually for now

Guest andy/newbie

Did you enable Google now? I haven't because I know its buggy and I have had no FC's

yes i did but as of fc i disabled it.allso i can not get hspda network. only 3g,and since i have been on 2030 bb 3g nerver worked but it would allways jump straight to hspda so its never botherd me, so when i tryed useing the mobile data its stuck on 3g witch dont work thats nothink to do with your very good rom,but it wont go onto hspda,is any one else had this problem?it may just be somthink to do with my network,but i just thourght i would ask.

Andy

I had the 3G problem which i had never seen before on any rom, was always HSDPA.

The 3rd party camera apps i have installed managed to wipe out all the pictures from my sd card also, no problem on other roms maybe just a coincidense :wacko:

GPS worked fine but was slow to lock but still it works.

Auto brightness broke as has been stated.

In call volume another deal breaker, will this ever be fixed ?? pretty sure it was working ok in one of the first JB releases?

Nice rom but gone back to try Stock+ again