Edited by luca020400

Guest luca020400

TWRP 2.8.0.0 released

Y300 G510

zip flashable in mine gdrive folder ;)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzzAs01nVR1DMnVRXzlIOXFRSDg&usp=sharing

Changelog :

​Changelog TWRP 2.8:

Add MTP support to recovery thanks mostly to bigbiff with a little help from Dees_Troy

Add command line capabilities - you can now execute various TWRP features via adb instead of the touchscreen

Add support for color in the console and give error, warning, and highlight lines different colors

Track backup and restore progress based on file sizes to provide a much more accurate indication of progress

Improve handling of /misc thanks to mdmower

Improve setting of time on Qualcomm devices thanks to [NUT]

Allow using images on slidervalue GUI objects thanks to Tassadar

Allow using variables and addition and subtraction in variables for easier theming

Add support for 1440x2560, 280x280, and 320x320 resolutions and update 240x240

Allow ui.xml file to include additional xml files to help break up the theme and make TWRP easier to maintain

Other minor fixes and improvements

If the new MTP function is active and you connect your device on your pc you cannot flash or wipe internal_sd and sdcard

So this new feature is a mixture of mass_storage ( cannot read or write from phone) and MTP ( You can read and write from phone and pc )

And this MTP feature doesn't work on linux :(

Mine post

• 1 month later...
Guest luca020400

TWRP 2.8.1.0 is out

What's new in 2.8.1.0 ??

MTP fixes and improvements - you can now copy zips to the root of storage - thanks to _that

TrueType Font support - optional as it takes up a decent amount of space so may not be available on all devices - thanks to Tassadar

Temperature support - thanks to bigbiff

Various other bugfixes and tweaks

IMG FOR Y300 IMG FOR G510

ZIP FOR Y300 ZIP FOR G510

From my side :

The newer font is fantastic and fully working

MTP is working on linux ( Finally :D )

G510 IS BUGGED
DO NOT INSTALL IT !!!

Edited by luca020400

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Claudioo

Hi, first of all sorry for my english and if this should be another post :D.  I want to install a custom ROM in my friend's phone G510, so that nothing goes wrong is this steps I have to do?

-unlock bootloader with the code provided here: http://en.club.vmall.com/emotiondownload.php?mod=unlock&action=pre

- Install CWM or TWRP by fastboot (I will use that luca provide here http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/u8951/openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.0-u8951.img;

-Root

-And then install a good custom rom (Does someone recommend me a good kitkat rom?)

And now a question: when I rooted my g300 the phone get network unlocked, in this phone it's the same?

In principle I will do it this weekend , so I hope someone answer me until it xD

Guest luca020400

The steps are right

The only think : do not install kitkat , maybe aosp mod or android 4.2.2 based ROMs ( like cm10.1 and carbonrom )

If you unlock boot loader you phone still network locked , for unlock it you need a code ( you can find a guide in y300 general topic )

Guest Claudioo

In Y300 baseband cannot be changed ( it can but you'll broke ril )

when you say Y300 , the same goes for the G510 ? Now I'm confused about the TWRP.... 2.8.0.0 works in both but 2.8.0.1 work just in Y300 right?

Sorry about the little confusion, as I'm a newbie I need to make sure xD

Guest luca020400

when you say Y300 , the same goes for the G510 ? Now I'm confused about the TWRP.... 2.8.0.0 works in both but 2.8.0.1 work just in Y300 right?

Sorry about the little confusion, as I'm a newbie I need to make sure xD

Yes , G510 is equal to Y300

But for Y300 you have to use Y300 twrp and viceversa