[RECOVERY][ALL] Official TWRP 2.7.1.0 & Root [01/08/2014]

Guest Kra1o5

Guest Andymac1969

I have no idea, they have the G510-0200 and we have the 0100, I think you would need one of there guys to confirm yes or no :blink:

Guest Simon O

I had a quick look at a G510-0100 ROM vs a G510-0200 ROM and I don't think there are any major differences that would prevent one from running on the other. The only difference I can see is that 0100 ROMs have support for NFC but the 0200 ROMs do not. The Orange Daytona doesn't have NFC so that is probably the only difference between the two models.

Guest jimwormold

I can also confirm that I am rooted via this method. Rootiful!

Titanium backup installed and ready to remove the bloat!

Guest Andymac1969

I can also confirm that I am rooted via this method. Rootiful!

Titanium backup installed and ready to remove the bloat!

I have removed over 50 items at the moment using ROM Toolbox pro, over 35 language packs and loads and loads of Vodacrap

Guest jimwormold

Anyone any thoughts on this Waze? 17.85mb is it any good?

Tbh most of the vodacrap disappeared when I network unlocked the phone, put in a different sim and it said it needed to reset. Waze seemed fun when I installed it ages ago but certainly no necessity IMHO.

Guest Simon O

Delete Waze. You can always install it from the Play Store if you want to use it. I'd rather use M8 if you want a free sat nav.

Guest Andymac1969

Tbh most of the vodacrap disappeared when I network unlocked the phone, put in a different sim and it said it needed to reset. Waze seemed fun when I installed it ages ago but certainly no necessity IMHO.

Might give it a whirl for a day, then bin it, loving this rooted, unbloated phone now, and the biggest gain over my G300, EVERYTHING I WANT WORKS!!!!!, BBC I Player, TV Catchup, 4OD, Google NOW etc etc, no FC's nothing :D :D

Guest KenBW2

I can't wait to do the same to my G510.

I think it's safe to say you speak for everyone on this forum, except Andymac you jammy git

Guest Andymac1969

I think it's safe to say you speak for everyone on this forum, except Andymac you jammy git

Your time will come my son B) B)

Guest Kra1o5

Glad to see that it works for both models, I think the only difference between the two models is the NFC as you said flibblesan.

I think you cant install the updates of Orange Daytona from official method but you can install repacks without any problems.

I do not have G510 but I will have the post up to date.

Greetings

Guest LiquiDAciD

Hello,

Thanks so much, i tried this on my Chinese version and works like a charm. G510-0010. I want to install the G510-0200 but im not sure if this will work. I dont have the google services at this moment and thats pretty anoying.

Thanks again, i tried it without asking if it would work on the chinese version but ok, it works luckly :D.

Guest joenefloresca

I perfectly installed this recovery, and my bootloader is already unlocked. But when i boot into recovery. Touch Screen doesn't work so I can't select any operation.

Guest joba69

I perfectly installed this recovery, and my bootloader is already unlocked. But when i boot into recovery. Touch Screen doesn't work so I can't select any operation.

Same to me, touch does not work

Guest Kra1o5

Yes some people (Very random) have this "bug", to fix it only method is reinstall one update.app & flash recovery again.

Greetings

Edited by Kra1o5

Guest joba69

Yes some people (Very random) have this "bug", to fix it only method is reinstall one update.app & flash recovery again.

Greetings

Thank you for your response. Problem for me is that i don´t have an update.app that i could use. I´m on the following version:

Modelnumber: G510-0100

Build-Number: G510-0100V100R001C432B170

Guest joba69

Hello again ...

as other users i had a problem that touch is not working for me in twrp.

Kra1o5 posted the solution above and this should be the way to do.

In my case the situation was a little bit different because i don´t want to update my phone from german firmware to the recommended vodafone uk version.

My first priority was to make a working backup of my now installed german firmware, so i try a different solution.

Someone at HTC Mania found a recovery image that was originaly from y300 device but could be also used for g510.

As far as i understand this, the only difference was the resolution of the twrp menu.

So i flash this recovery and touch is now working for me in twrp. I could also create a backup wihout any error messages :-D

After playing around with some improvmends (flashable zips) .. i also verify that restore works fine for me ...!!

Just to share this information to erveryone how had similar problem and want to backup the delivered firmware first.

I attached link to the recovery image also scripts for installing in linux or windows...

1. For installing, connect your phone with usb_debug enable in mtp mode to your computer.

2. Unzip attached zip file to ...for example c:\TWRP-LEWA

3. Run the script for your OS to flash recovery

4. Reboot

After that you should be able to boot into recovery

TWRP ALTERNATIV

LINK TO ORIGINAL THREAD @HTC MANIA

Remember ..everything at own risk

Edited by joba69

Guest Kra1o5

Hello again ...

as other users i had a problem that touch is not working for me in twrp.

Kra1o5 posted the solution above and this should be the way to do.

In my case the situation was a little bit different because i don´t want to update my phone from german firmware to the recommended vodafone uk version.

My first priority was to make a working backup of my now installed german firmware, so i try a different solution.

Someone at HTC Mania found a recovery image that was originaly from y300 device but could be also used for g510.

As far as i understand this, the only difference was the resolution of the twrp menu.

So i flash this recovery and touch is now working for me in twrp. I could also create a backup wihout any error messages :-D

After playing around with some improvmends (flashable zips) .. i also verify that restore works fine for me ...!!

Just to share this information to erveryone how had similar problem and want to backup the delivered firmware first.

I attached link to the recovery image also scripts for installing in linux or windows...

1. For installing, connect your phone with usb_debug enable in mtp mode to your computer.

2. Unzip attached zip file to ...for example c:\TWRP-LEWA

3. Run the script for your OS to flash recovery

4. Reboot

After that you should be able to boot into recovery

TWRP ALTERNATIV

LINK TO ORIGINAL THREAD @HTC MANIA

Remember ..everything at own risk

Hi, I added support for Y300 before support G510 if you want, try this: http://tinyw.in/mTSB This is the Official TWRP for Y300.

Greetings

Guest gbverhoeven

Hello, my stock rom was 0100 B170, i flashed withh succes to 0200 B173 Version, but now my NFC is not availeble in the menu...with 0100 rom, my NFC works fine. I can't flash back to the 0100 rom. He gives an error by flashing. What can i do?

Thanks

Guest vladandrei51

Greetings

I found a better way, download CWM from this site http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=583234 .

You will get a recovery.img, replace it with the one in your InstallTWRP folder.

Put your phone in fastboot mode and use install-windows.bat. Done, it works on my G510-0100.

Now you have a bug free good-old clockwork recovery.

P.S: This is my first post :)