[RECOVERY][ALL] Official TWRP 2.7.1.0 & Root [01/08/2014]

Guest Kra1o5

Guest nelson1379

hello guys im new here...i have a simple question.where can i find pc drivers for this device? i am using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. huawei website do not support it

Guest andrea2107

Hi,i have used google driver,you can download it from sdk manager,after you have to go to properties of your phone,update driver and select 2nd option,2nd option again and select have a disk,now go to sdk folder and search google driver in all the folder,now you have to select fastboot and finally you have the driver

I have downloaded the y300, file from devhost. Which file do I need to run to install twrp recovery. I have an unlocked bootloader but no recovery and no root.

Edited by Tawsifp

I have downloaded the y300, file from devhost. Which file do I need to run to install twrp recovery. I have an unlocked bootloader but no recovery and no root.

Any help please?

Edited by Tawsifp

Guest nelson1379
Hi,i have used google driver,you can download it from sdk manager,after you have to go to properties of your phone,update driver and select 2nd option,2nd option again and select have a disk,now go to sdk folder and search google driver in all the folder,now you have to select fastboot and finally you have the driver
You mean that i will download the entire sdk from google? it is way too large to download ..

Guest andrea2107

Sorry i can't edit

Google driver: http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html#

Download recovery from goo.im(official),place the file you downloaded in the sdk folder(the folder that you have used for unclocking bootloader),open the terminal and go to your sdk folder(with terminal)then type fastboot flash recovery.img

Guest andrea2107

Again...can't edit,i have corrected my post,read this,my last post is wrong!!!!!

Sorry i can't edit

Download recovery from goo.im(official),place the file you downloaded in the sdk folder(the folder that you have used for unclocking bootloader),open the terminal and go to your sdk folder(with terminal)then type fastboot flash recovery (name of the file you have downloaded).img

Guest nelson1379

Again...can't edit,i have corrected my post,read this,my last post is wrong!!!!!

Sorry i can't edit

Download recovery from goo.im(official),place the file you downloaded in the sdk folder(the folder that you have used for unclocking bootloader),open the terminal and go to your sdk folder(with terminal)then type fastboot flash recovery (name of the file you have downloaded).img

I thanked you for this. Im done rooting couple of hours ago.:-) i can remove now the []notreallyneeded apps] .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jackosterman

ahahah in twrp 2.6 was good but in 2.6.3 on y300 i have the same "milky" screen as the cyano xD

Yeah, just updated to 2.6.3.0 and also got the washed out recovery. Can others confirm that this happened to them as well?

Guest jackosterman
Do you mean on the recovery????
Just the recovery; anything you flash should look as expected. As noted by others, 2.6.3.0 seems riddled with little bugs here and there (among them, the infamous "dancing" charging animation, the phone automatically enters fastboot if powered on while charging, the UI seems more cramped during the backup/restore process). I'm curious if all bugs are universal to Y300 users, or if it's like the old 2.5 touchscreen issue, which I personally never experienced. Edited by jackosterman

Just the recovery; anything you flash should look as expected. As noted by others, 2.6.3.0 seems riddled with little bugs here and there (among them, the infamous "dancing" charging animation, the phone automatically enters fastboot if powered on while charging, the UI seems more cramped during the backup/restore process). I'm curious if all bugs are universal to Y300 users, or if it's like the old 2.5 touchscreen issue, which I personally never experienced.

same here, i back to 2.6.0.0 that is more stable without bugs