Music Player Album Art

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

Is there a music player that does not show album art, or can turn it off? I tend to have loads of tracks tagged from compilation albums, so the album art is at best irrelevant, and mainly irritiating... and if I play a folder with loads of assorted tracks, it invariably gets it wrong, whatever player I'm using, as some of the tracks don;t have proper mp3 tags (ripped from old CDs) so it displays the art from another track in the folder which is wrong and irritating.

So I'm looking for a mp3 player that does not have album art or has the ability to turn it off as default. There must be one...

Guest bladebuddy

I haven't tried it T.T but could you not just delete album art cache then untick album art animation on power amp.

I guess you have tried it and I am way off base.

post-955381-13666254601179_thumb.jpg

Guest TangerineTractor

Not tried poweramp to be honest. I usually use mixzing, has a better folder browser, and I tend to prefer to browse to a folder and hit play.

Guest scuzzbucket

I use ArmAmp on both my phones

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2173253

Its getting a release on Play soon.

Clean Music is a pretty nifty folder based player on Play Store. Free.

Most of my music is 1- 3hr mixes so also

find album art pretty meaningless.

DeadBeef is very good too. Don't forget the plugins.Just don't use the album art view and its all good.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.deadbeef.android&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

Neutron Player is excellent, if ugly, as well.

Edited by scuzzbucket

Guest TangerineTractor

Thanks for those. Had a look , and stumbled across Terra Music, which does everything I need, nice interface, fast, supports folder browsing, playlists, has a build in equaliser but also supports an external one, and seems to handle album art much better, ie it only loads up the relevant art, doesn't guess at something else in the folder.

Guest krishang3

I use ubermusic, metro like ui super smooth and has option to turn off album art. but if the song itself has a titled artist it'll download a correct.bio about the singer and a background pic for the track.