[SOLVED]HELP: USB Disconnected While Formatting SD Card

Guest Gabrielius

Guest Gabrielius

These days I am so unlucky :(( Firstly I couldn't get gallery working and now this. I was formatting my SD card connected through my phone to windows in fat32 format. The cable was accidentally pulled of from the usb while formatting the card. Now PC and my phone won't recognize the card. Is there anything I can do to fix the card? Unfortunatelly I do not have microsd to SDHC converter.

Thank's in advance.

Edited by Gabrielius

Guest Gabrielius

Well that's the worst part, because I have only SDHC reader in my laptop. Probably no way how to fix this via Android?

Also I cannot format it through CWrecovery and in android settings, because it says mount sd card and it never mounts

Edited by Gabrielius

Guest sharkyo01

Pound shops do the SD readers.

Have you tried removing the battery and SD card, then wait a minute or 2, then put the battery back.Turn the phone on without the sd in wait for android to boot up then put the sd card in then.

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest Gabrielius

I tried this and when I insert sd card it says "SD card safe to remove"

EDIT: I've borrowed microsd to sdhc adapter from my friend and plugged in to the my laptop. Notification poped out that I need to format my card and it is now being formatted by Windows :)

Edited by Gabrielius

Guest sharkyo01

I tried this and when I insert sd card it says "SD card safe to remove"

EDIT: I've borrowed microsd to sdhc adapter from my friend and plugged in to the my laptop. Notification poped out that I need to format my card and it is now being formatted by Windows :)

That's good news! Go buy one for your self from the pound shop! I have one that does all different types of cards just a £1 :P