Splash Screen Change on CM10 (Electra)

Guest nsmacd1

Guest nsmacd1

I have tried numerous ways to change the splash screen, from using apps, to Seb's thread and also by flashing CWM zip file, but cannot find a way to change my old ICS screen to something else. (It is a customised splash screen, so I have managed to do it before when running ICS.

Does anyone know of a CM10/Electra friendly way of changing the splash screen, without me having to downgrade my ROM from Electra back to ICS?

Thanks in advance!

Guest kieranswhite

There is a thread somewhere on this forum with flashable zips for splash screens. Id just open the zip and replace the old image with the one pf your choice before flashing in cwm or another recovery

Guest nsmacd1

There is a thread somewhere on this forum with flashable zips for splash screens. Id just open the zip and replace the old image with the one pf your choice before flashing in cwm or another recovery

Tried that already (with stock splash & Huawei splash screens etc) but I can't seem to get it working on this ROM - Thanks anyway!

(That's how I did it when I had ICS installed!)

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest nsmacd1

This is a cwm flashable version of the plain Google splash screen that a member posted a while ago. Don't know if it will work but worth a shot . J

http://db.tt/gXY6n50h

Thanks, but doesn't work (Think I tried that one already from one of the threads!)

I have been Googling for the last few days, but none of the suggestions or apps (ie BootFlash Pro) work on CM10.

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest kyan31

You could try and find out where the file is located and see if you could replace it manually??

The file that needs to be replaced isn't a image though. You would need to convert an original image, but I don't think anyone knows how to do that except Sebastian himself.

Guest nsmacd1

just do 1 & 2

http://androidforums...sh-screens.html

add the new file to one off sebs zip's (in the same place as the original)

If the original zip didn't do anything then will changing the image in it make any difference?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT - The answer is no! - It seems to flash OK in CWM and reports that the splash screen has been updated, but doesn't actually do anything! - Thanks anyway :)

Also I tried with the file named 'oemlogo' and also 'oem_logo' as per the original zip file

Edited by nsmacd1