Building CM7

Guest timoti111

Guest kyan31

Its possible, but you would need to have lots of experience with android as it requires compiling from source. You would also need really good computer specs otherwise compiling could take hours. Oh, and finally you would need lots of free time as there will be many bugs to fix.

Guest timoti111

Thx for help :) what do you think about my specs: 3.4 ghz 4 cores cpu, 8gb ram, gtx460 1gb, i dont have ssd only hdd. How much time would will probably compiling comsume? I want try to compile ics or so somtimes. :)

Guest kyan31

Thx for help smile.png what do you think about my specs: 3.4 ghz 4 cores cpu, 8gb ram, gtx460 1gb, i dont have ssd only hdd. How much time would will probably compiling comsume? I want try to compile ics or so somtimes. smile.png

Probably just under an hour.

I would recommend compiling JB 4.1 to start off with, as it is requires little effort apparently. It's a good choice to start with :)

Edited by kyan31

Guest timoti111

Thank you much for help. Will I need some experience in C++ or other programming language? And can i start on Ubuntu 13.04? Will be 75 gb partition enough for android? Im 16 years old and have 0 experience with rom developing :/. Sorry for so much questions.

Edited by timoti111

Guest kyan31

Thank you much for help. Will I need some experience in C++ or other programming language? And can i start on Ubuntu 13.04? Will be 75 gb partition enough for android? Im 16 years old and have 0 experience with rom developing :/. Sorry for so much questions.

If you have 0 experience, I don't even think you should start compiling yet :/

You should make a ROM based on a previous ROM, just so you know how the android eco-system works.