Attention Forum MODs of this board....

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi All,

By no means is this post NOT meant to sound like a negative in anyway... (either to the moderators or Themer's)

But could this section of the forum please be tidied up so that it is purely just OS Roms here..... and Themer Mod's/Themer Rom's moved to another section (either under the Theme sub heading) or create a new one under ROMs\Themes.

As said, this is not a negative post by any means, and all OS Roms, Patches, Mods, Themes are all duly welcomed... We need as much activity as possible to keep this device alive, as Developer support seems to be dwindling lately, as they move to later and greater devices (this is always gonna happen).

However one thing the ZTE part of Modaco was great for, even back in the days of Android 2.x, was the well layed out and easy access to OS Roms. Now its a case of sifting through what are actual OS ROMs and what are OS Patches/Themes....

Thank you, Lister

(ps: I really hope Ive not offended anyone, thats really not my intention at all... and as said, I welcome the development towards this device... Just in the past, there use to be strict rules as to what was posted where... Keep up the good work everyone.. )

(pss: please delete this message after a certain time, or if a decision has been made)

Edited by Lister Of Smeg

Guest peetu20

Reason why do I bring my mods to ROM section, is that no one reads Apps and Themes section. So I think this is good, as it is now :)

If u take look to other phones section, the situation is same, so I think everything is ok here. Most of post have something like [ROM] or [MOD] at the header, so it shoulnt be too difficult to find, what are u serching :)

Guest KonstaT

I'd be happy if we just got rid off the 'ROM request'-, 'halp, I bricked my phone'-, 'questions that should have belonged to respective ROM threads'-, etc threads (including this thread ;)). These belong to general.

If you're not posting something that users can install in their devices, your thread doesn't belong in this forum section!

Guest peetu20

I'd be happy if we just got rid off the 'ROM request'-, 'halp, I bricked my phone'-, 'questions that should have belonged to respective ROM threads'-, etc threads (including this thread ;)). These belong to general.

If you're not posting something that users can install in their devices, your thread doesn't belong in this forum section!

I agree!

I am bored to see those threads which belongs to other section(as KonstaT said: phone bricks, is this Rom good for daily or not, is this suitable for my girlfriend...)

Guest ehleh

same thing like me :)

Guest Lister Of Smeg

As said, I wasnt having a go at anyone particular. And as you've (PeetU20) shown, at least your ROM Mods/Themes are well labelled and make it clear to see... I still think/believe that anything that installs on top of a ROM, should have its own section... Regardless of whether its a Theme, A Tweak/Patch, A Mod to the OS and so on... There should be a sub-section under ROMs

ZTE Blade

.....|

.....|--- [General ZTE Blade] forum (help / does this work / which is best / theres a bug in this ROM)

.....|

.....|-- [ROMs] forum (all available ROMs listed here, and only ROMs... no discussion or off topic)

.....| ........|

.....| ........|-- [ROM Themes] forum (this can be all the themes, mods and so on)

.....| ........|-- [ROM Patches] forum (Zips or Patches that are ad-ons to the OS)

.....| ........|-- [ROM Descions] forum (any questions related to ROMs can be found here.... Does it work with this or include this...)

Does that kinda make sense... As said, its not a critism on anyones work as all posts updates are more than welcome, we need to keep our Blades alive for as long as poss. However I just find the actual ROMs themselves are disappearing further down the forums due to other RELATED posts but not the ROM itself. I remember back in Android 2.x days where forum was very well organized and find exactly what ya wanted easily...

If each thread was in its relevant sub-folder, then it would make for better searching and better house keeping all round, more relevant....

And YES, I appreciate my (this thread) should really of gone in the General ZTE Blade section, but my point exactly is just that. No body checks that section really these days... As all the non ROM related posts tend to end up here... So to get peoples attention, and see what peoples opinions on the OS ROM section itself thought would be better mentioned here... If/Once a descion has been made, I am happy for this post to be moved, or even deleted... Just it only appears to be the main 3 or 4 popular ROMs listed, and all previous ROM work disappearing further down the board...

Hope I've not offended, really isnt intended in that way... As I appreciate all work... Just be nice to see nothing but ROMs in the ROM section... with all other posts going to their relevant sub-folder(s) too....

Thanks, Lister

Edited by Lister Of Smeg