[OffTopic] Tablet Recomendations .?

Guest george109

Guest george109

Hi, I was thinking of buying a tablet, but I was wondering if anyone owned any tablets for about £120 or less that have a good processor and a good amount of RAM. I was looking at this one, http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top but the reviews are not very detailed and I was wondering if anyone knows or owns any good budget tablets. I was also thinking about a chinese one, but I don't have a clue where to look apart from Ebay. If anyone could give me any advice, then that would be amazing! :)

Edited by george109

Guest denzele

Stay away from these NO BRAND tablets mate...that's all I will say..I'm proud owner of Blackberry Playbook tablet ( it doesn't run Android but it runs Android player so you can run android apps after converting them )...I know not many people will say NOT nice things about Blackberry but I'm loving it..built, speakers ,hdmi,own OS system, multitasking is unreal..but then again I like Huawei as well ( suprise suprise :) ) what about HuwaeiMedia Pad 7 lite..they sell the so cheap here in OZ for $130 in supermarkets...

Edited by denzele

Guest TangerineTractor

I bought a Versus Touchpad 7 from Carphone Warehouse a couple of months ago for the wife. At £49 in the sale I thought it was worth a try. She hasn't used it much because you can't play all the Facebook crap she likes to do, so the other day I picked it up and decided to tweak it for my needs. I have to say I quite like it. It runs ics, it's not blazingly fast but everything works. I guess it depends what you want it for. If you think of it as a giant g300 without the phone, that's the sort of functionality. It's fine for sitting on the sofa or in bed and surfing, tweeting and ebaying. I can tether it to my g300 using WiFi if I ever wanted to.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest kyan31

Why not get a nexus 7? They only cost about £120 now, there's great support, latest version of android, its sturdy, quad core, great screen, overall its just a good buy. Tablets such as the one suggested may be good, but there will always be flaws such as a bad screen, slow CPU, or bad sound. The nexus 7 should be pretty flawless as its produced by a good company (Asus).

Edited by kyan31

Guest sharkyo01

If you look around you can get a 7" quad core 1gb of ram for around £65-70 4.1 Jellybean. Chances of getting any good support is pretty low. But you get what you pay for...

So I would spend a bit more for which your get the support as well.

Guest jake460

This might be worth looking at.

Acer Iconia B1 Tablet PC

Its £79 after cashback and free delivery from Ebuyer.

http://www.ebuyer.com/452365-acer-iconia-b1-tablet-pc-nt-l15ek-001

hold off on this, they are about to release an updated version 2.

go for the galaxy tab 2 7, i'm running sungsonic hd custom rom and oc kernel, running sweet.

had 3 cheap no name tab's and sent them all back due to poor build quality, crap screens, pay a little extra and get a sammy or a N7.

Edited by jake460

Guest spicysomtam

Sumvision Cyclone Voyager. Available in 7", 8" and 10". 8" is the best in my opinion. Dual core 1.6Ghz, quad core Mali processor, Jelly Bean. 1Gb ram and 16Gb flash. Got an 8" for the wife and she can't put it down. Going to get one myself. Get it at ebuyer. The 8" is like an Ipad mini, but has more processing power and memory.

I got one of these http://product.i-mob...i-mobile-iq-5.1 in Thailand a couple of weeks ago. 5.3" screen 1,2Ghz quad core cpu, 12Mp back camera, 2mp front camera, 1Gb memory, dual sim, 4Gb internal flash, Jelly Bean and about 160 quid. So the G300 is going on ebay.

Edited by spicysomtam

Guest pritesh123

Dude it's an era of Phablet (Smart Phone + Tablet). Undoubtedly Acer Iconia is superb, but I would recommend you to Go for Samsung Galaxy S3 or S4. S4 is a flagship device and haven't got a chance to have hands on with. But yes I have played around with Samsung Galaxy S3. It will be apropriate for your needs. The smart phone is just as powerful as anything in the mobile computing arena and screen resolution and size are just perfect. It comes with so many hidden tricks and tips. here I would like to give you something which i have read before some days. Let me check my system If I have bookmarked the site or not. Oh here it is... http://www.toptechtune.com/2012/10/some-useful-tips-for-samsung-s3-new.html

Guest george109
Dude it's an era of Phablet (Smart Phone + Tablet). Undoubtedly Acer Iconia is superb, but I would recommend you to Go for Samsung Galaxy S3 or S4. S4 is a flagship device and haven't got a chance to have hands on with. But yes I have played around with Samsung Galaxy S3. It will be apropriate for your needs. The smart phone is just as powerful as anything in the mobile computing arena and screen resolution and size are just perfect. It comes with so many hidden tricks and tips. here I would like to give you something which i have read before some days. Let me check my system If I have bookmarked the site or not. Oh here it is... http://www.toptechtune.com/2012/10/some-useful-tips-for-samsung-s3-new.html

Thanks for the suggestion, but I really cannot afford a phablet. I would just much rather have my phone and a tablet...

Guest george109
Sumvision Cyclone Voyager. Available in 7", 8" and 10". 8" is the best in my opinion. Dual core 1.6Ghz, quad core Mali processor, Jelly Bean. 1Gb ram and 16Gb flash. Got an 8" for the wife and she can't put it down. Going to get one myself. Get it at ebuyer. The 8" is like an Ipad mini, but has more processing power and memory.

I got one of these http://product.i-mob...i-mobile-iq-5.1 in Thailand a couple of weeks ago. 5.3" screen 1,2Ghz quad core cpu, 12Mp back camera, 2mp front camera, 1Gb memory, dual sim, 4Gb internal flash, Jelly Bean and about 160 quid. So the G300 is going on ebay.

I might have a look at the voyager, as it looks really good! I'll just compare it with a nexus and then see which one is better value for money. Also the phone looks really good, but I am happy with my G300 for the moment :) Edited by george109

Guest stumark

I'd recommend the Barnes and Noble Nook HD+. I bought a 16gb one brand new from eBay for £125. Very fast dual core processor, 1gb ram, micro sd slot. 9 inch screen and it is better than full hd resolution. They have not been very popular because the stock o.s. is useless but there is a very stable CM10.1 over at XDA that makes this an amazing tablet.

Build quality is good, it is thin and light and it's so good I bought one for my mum and she loves it too.

Guest yaqh

looking for a cheapish tablet for the toddler.mainly for utube,playing videos,kids apps.dont want to pay too much.i also need good bumper and screen protection in case she drops it. i was looking at the sumvision voyager,has any tried it?

• 2 weeks later...