Tips & Tricks!

Guest Simon O

• 2 weeks later...
Guest megan23

Remove the Huawei lockscreen

Bleugh.. I don't like the Huawei 4-way lockscreen but there isn't an option to select the original stock Jelly Bean lockscreen. Or is there?...

Dead simple this. Open Settings, then Manage Apps, then slide over to All. Find Huawei Unlock, press it then hit the Force Stop button then the Disable button.

Now back in Settings go to Security then Screen lock. Set this to Huawei unlock (trust me here).

Press power button to turn phone off. Turn it back on and hey presto. Stock lockscreen :D

Now you may notice that the lockscreen has a different wallpaper to your homescreen. Easy to change. Open the Themes application then hit Customize Current Theme. Hit Lock Screen then select Use home screen wallpaper. Done!

post-697226-0-77708900-1367573925_thumb.

Guest megan23

Bleugh.. I don't like the Huawei 4-way lockscreen but there isn't an option to select the original stock Jelly Bean lockscreen. Or is there?...

Dead simple this. Open Settings, then Manage Apps, then slide over to All. Find Huawei Unlock, press it then hit the Force Stop button then the Disable button.

Now back in Settings go to Security then Screen lock. Set this to Huawei unlock (trust me here).

Press power button to turn phone off. Turn it back on and hey presto. Stock lockscreen :D

Now you may notice that the lockscreen has a different wallpaper to your homescreen. Easy to change. Open the Themes application then hit Customize Current Theme. Hit Lock Screen then select Use home screen wallpaper. Done!

Guest megan23

Guest carlosirai
To get rid of a fair bit of Huawei theming, change

ro.config.hwheme from 1 to 0

I havent that line in my build.prop in owner of a y300-0151 runing b165 stock rooted

Guest Voxpop2011

I was able to dispense with the Huawei lock screen via the security setting. I set a pin lock, although here is also the option for a pattern lock. You might even be able to have no lock at all.

• 1 month later...
Guest menace3uk

So, I thought I'd start a little thread off. It'll be a collection of tips & tricks for getting the best out of the stock G510.

I'll start with one tip that I've already found to be quite useful. The phone comes with 4GB of storage which is shared up between the ROM, system DATA, app DATA so the actual amount of space left for apps is rather poor. Because of this you may find that several larger apps will just fail to install even after you've added a microSD card.

The phone is rather quirky with regards to storage - as I've found out. The best tip to sorting this out is to insert an 8GB or 16GB microSD card (the bigger the better) - and one that is at least Class 6 - into the phone then open Settings then Storage. Change Default storage location to the SD card and the phone will give you a warning. Accept this warning and wait for the system to set the microSD up for you. Once it has been set up you'll find that the microSD is now your default app storage so anything you install should be movable to the microSD rather than the internal storage.

Until I did this I was finding that it wasn't possible to move any apps to the microSD card. A bug or intentional behavior.. who knows.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest newestuser

To get rid of a fair bit of Huawei theming, change

ro.config.hwheme from 1 to 0

For some reason i cant save the changes in the build.prop file, i have rooted my phone and granted permission, tried root explorer and es file explorers, both do not save the changes.

• 6 months later...
Guest jonmac73

Thanks again Flibblesan

Just rec'd warranty replacement G510 and couldn't remember how to get rid of the Huawei screen lock - priceless info.

Now have standard Android lockscreen, with KK background and KK Launcher.

• 2 months later...
Guest krux3r

attachicon.giflock1.png

Million thanks for this!

Finnaly got rid of that ugly locker:)

• 9 months later...
Guest zdv80

DO NOT USE, DOES NOT STICK AFTER REBOOT !

I think i,ve managed to link apps etc. to internal sdcard using link2sd app.

All credit goes to Cyda for his work on g300 http://www.modaco.com/topic/359125-mod-link2int-v11-use-2gb-internal-as-app-storage-tested-with-cm9cm10cm101-0312/

Also elperroderoke for his work here.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/356349-using-link2sd-to-use-internal-sd-as-extsd/

Plus others around the sorry , sorry i can't remember all names.

1. I Created a folder named sdext2 in /data.

2. I Created a folder named sdext2 on internal sd.

3. I Created a file in /ect/init.d it can be named anything you like.

4.Added the following text to that file.

#!/system/bin/sh

#added by link2sd

LOG=/data/link2sd-11link2sd.log

echo "$(date) mounting..." > $LOG

mount -o bind /mnt/sdcard2/sdext2 /data/sdext2 1>>$LOG 2>>$LOG

mount >> $LOG

echo "$(date) mount finished" >> $LOG

4. Installed link2sd from play store.

5. Rebooted.

Thats it. I can now move apps and data to internal sdcard.

Obviously if you do this, you do it at your own risk!

Hi!!

It's not possible to do that?

It's sad to have 1Gb partition without using it! hehe