[DEVELOPMENT] Death on the development side ?

Guest WiiSky70

Guest omegavesko

That's why i don't like ICS or Jelly Bean ROM's , mainly because they are ports and they aren't stable and bug-free at all . They only bring problems and developers are only sticking to that type of ROM's

Meh , whatever this device shipped with Gingerbread and no official ICS update was made available since the dead times . Baking Custom ROM's for Gingerbread is worth than only porting ROM's. <<<< But Heey that's only my personal opinion , and like H3ROS sad people like what type of ROM's they want :) .

They don't "only bring problems". It's a compromise.

I'll take a blazing fast, up-to-date 4.2 ROM over a slower 2.3 ROM if it means I'll have to give up a handful of features.

Guest Medo3G

Personally, I NEVER had a customGB Rom, NEVER. I installed CM9 back on March of last year (a few days after getting it) , went for CM10 and have been sticking with PJ for a while. Maybe if we get Halo I may think about ROMs without BT as it's kinda of a deal breaker for me. Yet, I believe that the devs worked hard on these ROMs and for that I am grateful. You made my phone awesome and I can't imagine being stuck with stock GB. I may stick with this phone for a while, so I'm looking forward to the future of it. Thanks for this amazing ride.

Guest jtharmor

I had installed GB ROM two weeks back.......everything was fast........but then i opened stock browser and i was back onto JB in 5 mins.......

Guest johnny07mdc

Afternoon Lalit:), speaking for myself only, I've never assumed anything, Ive just not taken for granted ,your's and C3C0 's free time and personal commitments, and been savvy enough not to myther for something, which at the end of the day, is something yourself and C3C0 share freely. As previously stated by myself, I already feel blessed by your's and C3C0 's work to get the os this far. Anything still forthcoming again, would be classed as a bonus.

As always Thank You. :)

+1

On RootBox and happy

Thanks

Guest hugobosslives

I had installed GB ROM two weeks back.......everything was fast........but then i opened stock browser and i was back onto JB in 5 mins.......

haha yer had forgot about that.

jb browser or chrome is one million times better :)

Guest omegavesko

haha yer had forgot about that.

jb browser or chrome is one million times better :)

You're forgetting that Chrome doesn't work on the Skate. ;)

Everyone keeps saying Chrome is laggy, though. Is that true?

Edited by omegavesko

Guest H3ROS

Personally I love using the full version of the Opera browser. It supports greasemonkey style userscripts and its much faster than the stock browser even with Opera turbo disabled. It seems to work just as well or if not better on Jelly Bean too.

Guest Redstarr1

You're forgetting that Chrome doesn't work on the Skate. ;)

Everyone keeps saying Chrome is laggy, though. Is that true?

Yeah Chrome is kinda laggy on my Sony Xperia S. I prefer the stock browser or Firefox, but I keep Chrome around for syncing bookmarks (which stock browser apparently doesn't do, must be a Sony thing). It's not that Chrome is slow, hard to put my finger on it, it's just not fluent.

Oh and I totally disagree with the OP. For starters there are nearly perfectly working JB roms that you can tweak as much as you want. Once a new version of Android comes around, I bet it won't take 2 weeks before tilal or someone will have a "working" alpha of it for Skate.The only things not working at this point in JB are the camera flash and FM radio (but that was a CM thing, I know CM started supporting FM on my SXS only a few months ago). Both are things I don't miss, with TuneIn radio I'm not as dependent on the FM signal (yeah I have a big data plan so I can use it as much as I like) and the camera flash was crap to start with. Might be that GB has the most performance, but what games can you still play on armv6... I'll admit that some people might like GB more than later versions (I like Android 4.1 more than 4.2), and I'm quite curious about H3ROS's project, but most other GB roms just try to be ICS or JB without being able to.

Guest omegavesko

Yeah Chrome is kinda laggy on my Sony Xperia S. I prefer the stock browser or Firefox, but I keep Chrome around for syncing bookmarks (which stock browser apparently doesn't do, must be a Sony thing). It's not that Chrome is slow, hard to put my finger on it, it's just not fluent.

Oh and I totally disagree with the OP. For starters there are nearly perfectly working JB roms that you can tweak as much as you want. Once a new version of Android comes around, I bet it won't take 2 weeks before tilal or someone will have a "working" alpha of it for Skate.The only things not working at this point in JB are the camera flash and FM radio (but that was a CM thing, I know CM started supporting FM on my SXS only a few months ago). Both are things I don't miss, with TuneIn radio I'm not as dependent on the FM signal (yeah I have a big data plan so I can use it as much as I like) and the camera flash was crap to start with. Might be that GB has the most performance, but what games can you still play on armv6... I'll admit that some people might like GB more than later versions (I like Android 4.1 more than 4.2), and I'm quite curious about H3ROS's project, but most other GB roms just try to be ICS or JB without being able to.

Couldn't agree more.

Also, about FM radio not working:

Ab78Xlo.jpg

Edited by omegavesko

Guest SPARL_

Speaking of death, this looks like the end of my skate. I dropped it in the sink and it's been in rice for about 4 hours I tried to see if it'd work about five minutes ago but nothing. If it doesn't work I just wanted to say, what an absolutely fantastic community this has been it has made me appreciate deciding to get the skate. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to make the skate what it is today.

Guest C3C0

Well, today is a a strange day. I bricked my W8 after making a stupid mistake in flashing tool. But miracle happened and I was able to bring it back to life after some hopeless hex editing of preloader. Even managed to revive IMEIs later I lost during the process. Thanks god...

Guest SPARL_

Glad you got it working again matey :) just hope I can revive my skate, going to leave it as long as I can in rice and see if it works.

Guest plegdroid
Well, today is a a strange day. I bricked my W8 after making a stupid mistake in flashing tool. But miracle happened and I was able to bring it back to life after some hopeless hex editing of preloader. Even managed to revive IMEIs later I lost during the process. Thanks god...

I bet your heart beat increased during the whole process, followed by every conceivable emotion. :) Glad you revived it Matey. :)

Glad you got it working again matey :) just hope I can revive my skate, going to leave it as long as I can in rice and see if it works.

Sorry to hear that Matey :( . does it boot at all,even with a blacked out screen ? Or behaving like a paperweight? :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest SPARL_

Sorry to hear that Matey :( . does it boot at all,even with a blacked out screen ? Or behaving like a paperweight? :)

Afraid not mate, I dropped it in the sink :( I think it's pretty much completely dead.

Guest Redstarr1

Couldn't agree more.

Also, about FM radio not working:

Ab78Xlo.jpg

Oh good to know, haven't really been following updates here, time to flash another rom on my mom's phone :)

Speaking of death, this looks like the end of my skate. I dropped it in the sink and it's been in rice for about 4 hours I tried to see if it'd work about five minutes ago but nothing. If it doesn't work I just wanted to say, what an absolutely fantastic community this has been it has made me appreciate deciding to get the skate. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to make the skate what it is today.

I hope you get it working again, would be a shame to lose it like that. We've all grown quite fond of our Skates :).

Guest plegdroid

Afraid not mate, I dropped it in the sink :( I think it's pretty much completely dead.

Lalit, dropped his into a river and revived it. So there's hope. :)

Guest utternoob

Have you tried using a hair dryer or putting it on a radiator? That might help too

Guest tilal6991

Hairdryer after the rice fixed mine up. It does need to be in rice with the battery removed for a day or two though.

Guest GodShot

Help me on this one C3C0? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2272679

Guest SPARL_

Thanks guys. It's been stripped down in rice for about 18hrs now, not gonna chance it until Sunday evening then i'll blast it with a hairdryer and we'll see what happens.