Guest rickywyatt

Guest topcat07

new tool coming with new stuff eg

* you can now extract edited and repack your

your adb backups

* cleaned the menu abit more

* kernel modules

thanks for the improvements Ricky, very quick questions can

"(13) Swap Sdcards ] <----------- This will swap your internal sdcard with your extranal sdcard"

be undone once run please?

Guest DaveSimonH

I was going to wait, but I gave in and earlier tonight and rooted the phone :P

I also deodex'd it in preparation for installing a microSD. I didn't have any problems doing either, although I did get confused at the adbd unsecure, init.d & hack adb section of the manual. I deleted adbd unsecure thinking I'd done the 2 parts replacing adbd, but I had forgotten to tick the two boxes within the adbd unsecure program.

Phone seems fine and the Superuser App is there. Although when I open it, under apps it says "No apps in list", is this normal? Should I test the SD slot with my spare 8GB card, or wait until I have a 16GB or 32GB card ready to install? I read it was a bit tricky to get them back out.

By the way, thanks Ricky. Invaluable tool & manual.

Guest topcat07

Interesting as I did have the superuser app at one point but it is no longer there , what does it do?

Quite easy to grab with a pair of tweezers to pull out , would be very tricky with nail though I think

Guest DaveSimonH

Wow, it is very tricky getting an microSD card back out. But I got there in the end, best way to do it is to gently lift the plastic the cards back end is against, then carefully slide the card out (making sure you don't shove it under the plastic!).

But got the SD card working while it was in there, so now just have to decide either 16GB or 32GB. I'm thinking larger is the way to go, especially considering how tricky it is getting the card back out of the slot. If/when I go for 32GB, should I grab a speed 10, or save a few quid and get a speed 4?

EDIT: Again Ricky, thanks for the invaluable tool and manual. I didn't really have any trouble at all, although I made sure I downloaded everything in advance so I was ready to go and read the manual ;)

Edited by DaveSimonH

Guest BlueMoonRising

How strange remember seeing the app so not sure where it has gone :S would the memory card work even if I wasn't rooted?

Don't think so, and if you're rooted then SU is in there somewhere. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noshufou.android.su&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5ub3NodWZvdS5hbmRyb2lkLnN1Il0. will tell you if it's installed or not.

Guest BlueMoonRising

EDIT: Again Ricky, thanks for the invaluable tool and manual. I didn't really have any trouble at all, although I made sure I downloaded everything in advance so I was ready to go and read the manual ;)

Lol, that bit should be pinned.

Guest DaveSimonH

I'm thinking speed 4 microSD will probably be sufficient. l'll likely just be using it for videos and minimum 4MB/s should be enough for up to 1080p videos at max of about 32mbps, right?

Edited by DaveSimonH

Guest DaveSimonH

new tool has upload will add new link tonight

Any big changes to the tool?

I decided to just go ahead and get the Sandisk 32GB class 10 microSD at Amazon. I could have got a Kingston class 4 for about £4 less, but thought I'd probably be better off just going with the faster card.

Guest FIREotter

Sorry guys, I need some help. It's 2:30 am so it's quite possible I've missed something blatantly obvious but I'm stuck. I havn't posted up any problems before as I usually work it out on my own but this has defeated me today.

I'm just trying to root with a goal to enabling the SD card. I'm running android version 4.04 which I came stock with the phone from orange purchased last week (there may have been a small update). I've possibly pushed some files over already, but can't be sure.

I keep getting this error or something similar:

3961 KB/s (312354 bytes in 0.077s)

pkg: /data/local/tmp/adbd-Insecure-v1.1.apk

Failure [iNSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]

Please Run adbd-Insecure and click the box

then remove usb and reconnect then click to

continue once done

Press any key to continue . . .

I did run root (7 on the tool) but just get this:

New Rooting Your Phone

Press any key to continue . . .

Pushing busybox....

3910 KB/s (1085140 bytes in 0.271s)

Pushing su binary ....

2899 KB/s (23755 bytes in 0.008s)

Pushing Superuser app

3918 KB/s (1468798 bytes in 0.366s)

Making busybox runable ...

Now unlock your device and confirm the restore operation.

Please look at your device and click RESTORE!

If all is successful i will tell you, if not this shell will run forever.

Running ...

...which runs forever. (or more than 5 mins)

It's asking me to input my device encryption password to the phone at this stage... :blink: I do not know what that would be.

Apologies if I should be posting in another topic, you're welcome to send me there.

Thanks guys.

Edited by FIREotter

Guest BlueMoonRising

@FIREotter, can you not just hit restore on the phone?

By the way if you've got ANY update you have to downgrade first, the update patches they put out stopped the exploit.

Guest DaveSimonH

I have a class 10 micro sdcard and its very fast trust me class 4 is very slow as iv got a 32gb and it token all night to push 16gb to it

Thanks, that makes me feel better about paying a little extra. I worked out that with 4MB/s minimum write speed it could take over 2 hrs to fill the card, where as with min 10MB/s it would be a max of 50mins.

By the way, does enabling mass storage with tool quicken the transfer process, worth enabling it?

Guest utternoob

Ok, royally screwed up. Can't access recovery, when trying to flash anything the droid keels over with an error. Tried clearing cache and data using fastboot, nothing. How can I recover?

Guest buddah_child

This is possibly the wrong place for my post but has anyone having battery consumption issues. I never had any before and now I have Android OS and mediaserver taking up a whole lot of battery! Anyone any ideas I'm rooted on xolo deodex thanks in advance