[Tool]AIO Tool for San Diego and xolo

Guest rickywyatt

Guest rickywyatt

Hello rickywyatt, I have another question about the tool.

When running the tool, after my devices first reboot, there is a command of the tool said "operation not permitted to copy its space" or something like that.

How can I solve this problem to root my phone? Please help me

are you using

uk osd

French one

also are you running windows 7

Guest rickywyatt

also I have spent meant hours making this tool and to making shore it works people remember I do this in my spear time before complaining always make shore you have the Intel drivers installed we have tested the on windows seven 32 and 64 I can't not guarantee this will work on xp vista

Guest rickywyatt

Hi.. This may be a dumb question, but if I unroot after I have activated and mounted the external SD, will it remain available?

I am asking because I may have to unroot my device to satisfy my employer's BYOD policy, but would hate to lose the 32gb of extra storage that I have as a result of the brilliant work here. :-(

yes it will

are you using

uk osd

French one

also are you running windows 7

I'm using UK osd, I got San Diego from EE (Orange) and running in windows 7 32bit

This how I tried;

1. San Diego update to ICS 4.0.4

2. Install Intel driver

3. Run SanDiego.exe (C:\Sandiego)

Did I miss any steps?

Edited by tonyvn

Guest BlueMoonRising

I use 32bit Vista Ricky and it works a charm for installing Orange ICS, Xolo ICS, both logo s, rooting and Deodexing the Xolo rom(at least I think it did, how would I know if they're deodexed?). Not had a need for the SD hacks.

Guest VanCrack

Ricky, no, I didn't have the right drivers installed! After 12 pints of cider I'm surprised I even managed to type that and my device is still in one piece!

Anyhow, having sorted the drivers out, I managed to get your tool to work and it said everything went fine etc. But my device still remains unrooted, 2 more times i did it and the same result. Yes, I know this must be user error and no, I've not had 12 pints today.. yet.

I'm off to hit your donation button to show a little appreciation for you work and patience.

Guest VanCrack

You can add my name if you want.

The first time your tool worked my device did reboot twice but the next two times it only rebooted once. I doubt that actually means anything really.

Guest VanCrack

Did a factory reset and used your tool again. Does one reboot, says it's going to copy files to it's place.... mount:operation not permitted. No second reboot and still no root.

That's it, I'm breaking the cider out!

Did a factory reset and used your tool again. Does one reboot, says it's going to copy files to it's place.... mount:operation not permitted. No second reboot and still no root.

That's it, I'm breaking the cider out!

have you tried the tool here www.modaco.com/topic/358242-how-to-root-your-san-diego/

I dit try it before, however it have the same results. Do you think its because of updating from Orange update through wifi?

Guest VanCrack

I just tried it too, same thing... mount:operation not permitted. No second boot, no root.

On the phone screen when the 'do not restore/ restore data' options come up there's a bit asking for encyption codes, I assume they're to be ignored aren't they?

Guest VanCrack

yes you don't need to enter anything have you tryed doing this on the xolo ics

That was my next thought. I wonder if Orange have done something to the ICS update, I only updated yesterday.