[Q] Is it unlockable?

Guest Rattonboy

Guest Rattonboy

I heard somewhere that because the bootloader is locked then i cannot unlock the phone from EE. I want to unlock it to use VodaFone. Is it possible?

Guest grizzlyflea

Yes but only after 3 or 6 months(I'm not sure) for the sum of £20 from orange themselves, no “hack" methods have been found that can unlock this phone as of yet.

Also I assume you're talking about the simlock as the bootloader has nothing to do with which network you are on

Edited by grizzlyflea

Guest shootomanUK

ive had problems trying to get mine unlocked, ive phoned orange customer services who apparently have requested my unlock code, but then they are trying to palm me off with orange sim deals,

and eventually said they will email me, still have not heard anything.

i emailed orange executive like other people have but still nothing.

ive phoned orange executive and the guy said "what you ringing this number for" , "who gave you this number" , "you should not use this number" , "you need to ring orange customer services".

it seems to me like a waste of time !

i will not but a locked 'especially' an orange locked phone again unless there is an unlocking exploit.

Guest BlueMoonRising

ive had problems trying to get mine unlocked, ive phoned orange customer services who apparently have requested my unlock code, but then they are trying to palm me off with orange sim deals,

and eventually said they will email me, still have not heard anything.

i emailed orange executive like other people have but still nothing.

ive phoned orange executive and the guy said "what you ringing this number for" , "who gave you this number" , "you should not use this number" , "you need to ring orange customer services".

it seems to me like a waste of time !

i will not but a locked 'especially' an orange locked phone again unless there is an unlocking exploit.

Did you write a letter as well? The address is at the bottom of the page here :-

http://www.modaco.com/topic/354748-sim-lock-status/page__st__400

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlueMoonRising

I did, three times in fact, but so far they have not responded. t seems that Orange service is living up to its reputation.

Or perhaps down...