Accelerometer fail after JB update.....

Guest ady23

Guest ady23

Hy everyone I have some problems with my accelerometer after I done the update to JB ,first my auto rotate don’t work even if it’s activated from settings,I have installed some apk from google play I find out that my accelerometer doesn’t work, previously in ICS was working. I have revert back to ICS the auto rotate and accelerometer works I have done the update again to JB same thing the accelerometer fail .I have check the system /etc/permission and I don’t have no android.hardware.sensor.accelerometer file,i have tryed to copy the missing file i rebooted the accelerometer worked for a day ,after that i run out of battery and again the accelerometer fail to work ,i checked the file created and ....surprise ..the file was empty...blank ..and the second time the improvised fix doesn’t work......... :(

• 1 year later...
Guest Razor007

i've had the same problem and i had to take the phone to warranty , and they replaced the motherboard , now everything works fine.

Guest cojocariuadrian

can you guys tell me where exactly the accelerometer is on the motherboard ? Idk if i still have the warranty, i m orange romania and have it for over 1 year now. A SH motherboard i don t think is a good idea either and it s pretty expensive.

So you guys have any idea where the accelerometer is ?

Also ... the gyroscope and magnetic field work perfectly fine, so since the magnetic field indicates different values for each position, how come the screen can t turn according to those values ? This is kinda dumb...

Guest cojocariuadrian

Many thanks my friend ! I have no idea where you took that diagram from I've been looking for one for quite a while. <3