There's a lot of ROMs here. Pros and cons?

Guest 4lex

Guest 4lex

Now my G300 is working again since the release of the official Australia ICS I can run some of them.

I've had a good look, but I can't find a thread that compares the pros and cons of each. For the time being I'm running CM9, but I miss the CM7 power toggles widget.

If anyone recalls such a thread, maybe you could point me to it?

If not, what ROM are you using and what do you like/dislike about it?

Cheers,

Alex

Guest smweb

A good approach would be to test the popular ones first hand. Requirements and usage pattern vary from person to person so one person's grudge might be a non-issue for another one.

Some of the popular ROMs are: Daz's CM ICS, CM JB, Slim by jsevi83, Stock+ by Cyda, Baidu stable and beta from Baidu (Kind of Chinese counterpart of Google), Infusion by tillaz, Lightning and Electra by Kyan31.

Here's a big list of all the resources available for the phone: http://www.modaco.com/topic/359033-compilationlist-romskernelsrecoverysmodstutorialsthemesoriginal-firmware-updated-220513/

You can also check out the poll on the top of the thread. Also check out the "not working" section under "changelog" of individual ROMs to get an idea of the things not working for a particular ROM.

Guest Rico_89

A lot of these roms are really good and worth trying, my only issue though with third party roms is the camera. The default ICS camera is the best but doesn't rear its head outside stock ICS, however I did like CM10 4.2.2 awesome rom but now I've gone back to stock, that is B926 baseband, flashed B952, and am running the Xperia Launcher with widgets and my G300 has never looked or felt better.: http://www.modaco.com/topic/362156-2-versions-of-the-xperia-launcher-and-widgets/