CyanogenMod 10.1[Alpha Builds Now Available]

Guest josalaito

Guest MadHatterRyu

hey... just a question... but how about ditch CM 10 and CM 10.1... directly go to CM 10.2 o_o

I mean, wouldnt we all prefer being on the edge?

or is it important that the former CMs be ported first?

Guest ZolaIII

hey... just a question... but how about ditch CM 10 and CM 10.1... directly go to CM 10.2 o_o

I mean, wouldnt we all prefer being on the edge?

or is it important that the former CMs be ported first?

Lol CM 10.1 is only been finished for 20-30 phones for the moment (final build)!

Android 4.3 is a minor build - upgrade so it can be skipped ... 5.0 - Key lime pay is mayor new version & it's prolonged because it will have compatibility issues with all versions before! It will introduce new display & input method (newly written) because they are really needed (Google flinger is badly written & slow). On the other side we have a Ubuntu (Unity) touch in development (from Chronicles) that have all of this (Mir display server is based on the same Googles multi output display) + full Linux supported (latest kernel, all programming languages for developer's & much better Java implementation - faster)! All of this will boost performance: kernel 3.6+ (native Arm Neon - fpu hard flout support), recompiled code with new & better optimized compiler (GGC), faster Java implementation (for natively written Android apps) & so on...

Hm sorry for the long post i get little enthralled writing about this!

Guest MadHatterRyu

Lol CM 10.1 is only been finished for 20-30 phones for the moment (final build)!

Android 4.3 is a minor build - upgrade so it can be skipped ... 5.0 - Key lime pay is mayor new version & it's prolonged because it will have compatibility issues with all versions before! It will introduce new display & input method (newly written) because they are really needed (Google flinger is badly written & slow). On the other side we have a Ubuntu (Unity) touch in development (from Chronicles) that have all of this (Mir display server is based on the same Googles multi output display) + full Linux supported (latest kernel, all programming languages for developer's & much better Java implementation - faster)! All of this will boost performance: kernel 3.6+ (native Arm Neon - fpu hard flout support), recompiled code with new & better optimized compiler (GGC), faster Java implementation (for natively written Android apps) & so on...

Hm sorry for the long post i get little enthralled writing about this!

nope :D I had fun reading... and to be honest, I'd prefer Cannonical choosing Wayland... somehow.. I mean... not only is it a few notches ahead in terms of finish and polish, but all my favourite DEs are there on it.. I dont hate unity : | but Gnome shell over Unity anyday!

Guest ZolaIII

nope :D I had fun reading... and to be honest, I'd prefer Cannonical choosing Wayland... somehow.. I mean... not only is it a few notches ahead in terms of finish and polish, but all my favourite DEs are there on it.. I dont hate unity : | but Gnome shell over Unity anyday!

Funny thing is mir on my native language means peace & it brought only war to the Linux community ... i disagree with you about Waylnd as it is a optimized & rewritten from scratches x server clone. It's normal that something that have 20+ years of development is better polished then early beta of something new. We will see how will things turn out! Every body who did use Linux in the past generated at least small amount of hate to the x server. As Linux is becoming the OS of today i think the OS of the future is BSD, Dragonfly to be more precisely. :-)

Guest MadHatterRyu

Funny thing is mir on my native language means peace & it brought only war to the Linux community ... i disagree with you about Waylnd as it is a optimized & rewritten from scratches x server clone. It's normal that something that have 20+ years of development is better polished then early beta of something new. We will see how will things turn out! Every body who did use Linux in the past generated at least small amount of hate to the x server. As Linux is becoming the OS of today i think the OS of the future is BSD, Dragonfly to be more precisely. :-)

I dont know... why fix what aint broke? I totally understand the need for multiple DEs.. that is what you call choice... but what difference does having a multitude of servers make? and again, I'm just concerned about the front end.. I'd be rather happy with Mir if it had support for Gnome 3 somehow... I used to be a KDE guy but I realise its not really tablet/smartphone material.. but Gnome 3 just seems fine anywhere and everywhere..

as for BSD, I dont really care :D as far as I can tell, recompiling linux stuff for it isnt that hard.. so I'm cool with that^__^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest danny19901

@Josalaito whats happening with pacman ROM for y300 ? Sorry I heard you were doing it I hope so now we have stable cm10 and cm10.1 now joestone has fixed cam etc... And kra1o5 fixed Bluetooth etc....