A stable, easy to install Android 4.2 ROM?

Guest AsparagusPlease

Guest AsparagusPlease

Hi all,

I'm an amateur at this and so I just want some suggestions on which of the available Android 4.2 roms are stable for every day use, and also don't require any complicated installation procedures? I have been using Swedish Snow for my Blade for about a year, but I would like to try a 4.2 rom...I just don't have the time or inclination to become an "advanced user" to do this. Is it necessary? Or are there any roms which are simple enough to install that even someone like me could do it? :)

Guest peetu20

Use cm10.1 by KonstaT, other 4.2.2 Roms works as well because all android 4.2.2 roms are based on KonstaT cm10.1 (He is the only dev who makes working and usable jb roms here)

Cm10.1 is stable and smooth too.

Guest W0jt1

i think every rom is easy to install, just download rom + gapps, and make wipes like in instruction, then install rom + gapps and reboot, i think this havent changed since first blade roms, till now :D

and yes, now KonstaT 4.2.2 and Daemons continuation of 4.1.2 are currently best roms

Guest AsparagusPlease

The problem is that the instructions in either of those two posts aren't very detailed. Basically, they are directed at someone who is used to installing custom ROMs. If you were to explain to your aunt Hilda how to install a custom rom on her phone, do you really think it would be enough to point her to the CM 10.1 thread and she'd be able to take it from there? Probably not.

I need clear, step-by-step instructions. Talk to me like I'm a child please.

Guest NorwegianLabel

Put Cm10.1 rom and gapps onto your sd card.

Go into recovery.

Factory reset (Delete everything on your device, including cache and dalvik cache.)

Go to install zip from sd.

Install Cm10.1 then install gapps.

Restart.

DONE

Guest peetu20

The problem is that the instructions in either of those two posts aren't very detailed. Basically, they are directed at someone who is used to installing custom ROMs. If you were to explain to your aunt Hilda how to install a custom rom on her phone, do you really think it would be enough to point her to the CM 10.1 thread and she'd be able to take it from there? Probably not.

I need clear, step-by-step instructions. Talk to me like I'm a child please.

Have u rooted you blade?

Guest AsparagusPlease

Put Cm10.1 rom and gapps onto your sd card.

Go into recovery.

Factory reset (Delete everything on your device, including cache and dalvik cache.)

Go to install zip from sd.

Install Cm10.1 then install gapps.

Restart.

DONE

I did exactly this, but when I try to install the CM10.1 zip from the sd-card, I get this:

Installing: /sdcard/cm-10.1-20130514-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Installing update...

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.name") == "blade"

|| getprop("ro.build.product") == "blade"

E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10.1-20130514-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

What is the problem?

Guest AsparagusPlease

Have u rooted you blade?

Yes, of course, a long time ago. Like I said I've been using the Swedish Snow rom for about a year.

Guest W0jt1

i think that beginning of all modding on blade would be downloading ask mr pigfish from play store, and checking if Your blade is gen 2, if its not, then You would need tpt helper from store too, its very user friendly, but if You have gen 2 (no idea if swedish snow needed gen 2) then You can install 4.2 very easy :)