USB Problems

Guest jamieleegoode

Guest jamieleegoode

Hi all just got back from a day at a horse show [i use my phone alot to take HD Vids and Pics] now i usually get back connect the usb cable to my lappy and away go, but this evening as my phone was dead i thought id leave it to charge. So when it got a little juice i switched it on and waited for it to pop up with device found but it never showed. checked my phone and it says its charging via the usb cable, checked a few other things [tethering and hotspts and says usb not connected]

Anyway help would be good, i can give details if needed

Guest glossywhite

Hi all just got back from a day at a horse show [i use my phone alot to take HD Vids and Pics] now i usually get back connect the usb cable to my lappy and away go, but this evening as my phone was dead i thought id leave it to charge. So when it got a little juice i switched it on and waited for it to pop up with device found but it never showed. checked my phone and it says its charging via the usb cable, checked a few other things [tethering and hotspts and says usb not connected]

Anyway help would be good, i can give details if needed

Hello :)

Have you tried another USB port? Do you have another micro USB cable to try?

Let us know :)

Guest jamieleegoode

Hi there yeah i have 2 usb cables as i have a blackberry too, also tried m pc ports but nothing. When i connect my blackberry via either USB to my laptop or PC it pops up [removable drive]

Guest jamieleegoode

Ive got it plugged into my PC at the minute trying to upload photos/ vids to my google drive and its charging currently 42% so i know its charging ok just not alowing me to access the storage

Guest glossywhite

Use AirDroid for the time being - this will solve your issues :)

https://play.google....e=search_result

[EDIT]

Until such time as someone can suitably diagnose and resolve your USB connection issues. AirDroid allows you to access ALL photos & videos from a local/remote browser, and download them to the computer :)

I hope this helps! :D

Edited by glossywhite

Guest jamieleegoode

Ok thank you so much just insalled and aving a go at it now, literally tried uploading to my google drive but taking ages lol thanks again

Guest glossywhite

Ok thank you so much just insalled and aving a go at it now, literally tried uploading to my google drive but taking ages lol thanks again

You are more than welcome :)

Guest BlueMoonRising

I was going to suggest https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bumptech.bumpga&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5idW1wdGVjaC5idW1wZ2EiXQ.. as a temporary measure but AirDroid looks like it may suit you better. There's also https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onedot&feature=search_result but it's new and seems a bit buggy at the moment.

As far as the USB port goes I'm starting to think it may be a new problem popping up on the OSD. Mine doesn't feel quite as secure as it used to be and I've just received my micro hdmi cable and am not impressed by the socket on the OSD at all. It feels far too loose, I hope I'm wrong and hope the longevity is better than it's looking at the moment.

Guest glossywhite

^ Agreed. My friend's has just died, will not accept charge from the USB port, the device is not seen at all on any computers whatsoever. Considering Orange, who furnished me with the unlock code, have now told my friend that because of the handset having been unlocked, and because he isn't using an Orange SIM, the warranty is void, he said "take it apart and see what you can do with it". You'll see the photos, early tomorrow morning :)

If this were America, this would be progressing to a class action lawsuit. People who defend this as if it is equal to a premium device, are ignorant of the facts and how electronic devices are manufactured, tested and assembled. In a nutshell, it's a great performer... but it is junk.

Edited by glossywhite

• 4 months later...