touchscreen not working

Guest prosist

Guest prosist

Hi there,

I have a G300 with Infusion ROM and clockwork mod installed.

Yesterday everything was fine until I launched a GPS app. What happened was that my phone became unresponsive to the touch.

I thought: It's the app's fault. So proceeded to removing the battery for a reboot.

It rebooted just fine, but then when went to put my SIM PIN and it wouldn't unlock, the touchscreen was still not working (the power and volume buttons were ok, but nothing from the touch buttons).

I rebooted it again, but this time entered the CWM recovery. Again, I could move the selection using the volume buttons, but I could not enter any option because the "home" button, was not working.

My conclusions is that it is a hardware problem, as I suppose that if it were software, CWM would still work. I also partially disassembled my phone so I could check the touchscreen connector, and everything looks fine (not broke, well connected).

What do you think?

Have any of you experienced something similar?

Do I attempt to change the touchscreen?

Thanks

Guest sharkyo01

Maybe worth trying to put a stock rom on and then I think you could make a judgement to if it is hardware / firmware issue...

Guest prosist

Maybe worth trying to put a stock rom on and then I think you could make a judgement to if it is hardware / firmware issue...

thanks for your input, but how can I do that, knowing that the CWM Recovery I have requires touch to access the option to flash a new ROM?

Guest penthaler

Donwload oficial ROM from huawei and make a "forced instalation"

Just unpack that file in DLOAD folder on memory card, and start phone with POWER and BOTH VOLUME BUTTONS pressed together.

Guest prosist

Donwload oficial ROM from huawei and make a "forced instalation"

Just unpack that file in DLOAD folder on memory card, and start phone with POWER and BOTH VOLUME BUTTONS pressed together.

is there any way to backup my data before force installing a new rom?

Guest penthaler

You mean without touchscreen? I dont think so. Maybe you could make backup via HiSuite... but not sure, if it automatically connects to phone when pin locked...

Guest sharkyo01

Use SDK tool you should be able to take a full nandroid backup via bootloader. Or you can put an earlier version of CWM which works by volume keys and power button.

Guest jazon

With Cwm recovery u can access options via hardware keys.. Backup ur current rom and try flashing a new rom.. If this not helps then force update with latest update.app