Cannot install apks extracted from Baidu

Guest derei

Guest derei

I extracted Baidu Clock and Baidu Camera from a ROM and I wanted to install them on Stock+ ROM that I am using now... but I couldn't. I tried to install them using HiSuite, but it told me the app wasn't certified. Then I copied the apks on the SD and tried to install from there, but it just told me that "the application wasn't installed".

I like both apps and I want them instead of what is it at this moment inside of Stock+

To clarify: I extracted them from

system/app[/CODE]

folder inside ROM - [b]files attached[/b][/i]

Is any compatibility issue here, or what?

Thanks

Baidu Camera and Clock.zip

Guest derei

Extracted from ODEX rom?

well, there was a folder with same apks and .odex files near them... but I took this from a different folder (system/app) - and there wasn't any .odex file.

I'm not familiar with how Android works... so I cannot offer many details.

Guest GOlteanu

Try to download the rom again, open the zip, replace the apps in the zip (apps and the odex files) and try to flash them and see if this method works.

Descarca rom-ul, deschide arhiva, pune aplicatiile de la baidu in rom (cu tot cu fisierele odex ale lor) si flash. vezi daca merge asa.

Guest GOlteanu

Also as far as I can remember, you can't install some Huawei apps on Baidu, and I think it goes the other way around.

Guest pOcHa

first get those apps from bruno's rom, as it is deodexed

then you don't install them, but instead either flash directly where you found them, or copy there with root explorer and reboot after

and lastly, you're probably going to also need anything else that has "framework" in its name from /system/app and /system/framework folders (bruno's rom again) - but do not overwrite any existing files or your other rom might not work anymore, just add missing files

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tillaz

if the baidu ROM is anything like MIUI most of the custom apps relies on there frameworks...

also, if the baidu ROM is a higher version of android than stock the apps might have a higher min API level which will give you the phrasing package error

Guest pOcHa

pOcHa, is it possible to make flashable versions of a few of Baidu's apps?

well, did you try what I suggested in a post just above yours? and if you're asking if I would do it, then sorry but no, I simply don't have the time nor the inclination...

Guest smweb

if the baidu ROM is anything like MIUI most of the custom apps relies on there frameworks...

also, if the baidu ROM is a higher version of android than stock the apps might have a higher min API level which will give you the phrasing package error

Thanks tillaz, this answers my query @pOcHa, no that was a general question

Guest pOcHa

well, it might work - you won't know for sure until you try it

baidu was originaly based on a stock rom (B926 ICS v4.0.3), and then got upgraded to ICS v4.0.4 - but the apps might still be compatible with the older version, and all you need are those framework files as I already mentioned

Guest Paulzie

A good topic. The Baidu FM radio is an alternative to the Huawei one that doesn't work on JB (4.1+) and Spirit FM one. It's a good looker too.