[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

Guest george109

Guest Ngiulett

I have same problem, Huawei sends me wrong code. 
I have light bricked my phone two times , i give my phone to warranty and when they give me back the phone they says IMEI was changed, but i compared the IMEI on the settings with IMEI on the little box when i buyed this phone and they are same! I request the code with an e-mail like that

to: [email protected]
subject: URGENT Request bootloader unlock code

Hi Sir,

Could you please provide me the requested information to unlock the bootloader. I am on official ICS, and getting many reboots.

Here are the required details--

Model: U8815 / Ascend G300
IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXX

S/N: CCCCCCCCCCCCC

Baseband: I am on ICS official (4.0.3).

Thanks! 

What can i do? 

P.S. Sorry bad english i'm italian :P

Edited by Ngiulett

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 000MaxPower000

Edit: Left the battery out for a few hours, and it booted as it should.

Thanks for the guide. :)

Edited by 000MaxPower000

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hthompson
Guest hthompson

Sorry, somehow my post got garbled.  I tried to use the 952 UPDATE, which hung, then tried the 'middle package', which hung, then tried a few others I tracked down, all hung.  Is there any package known to work with the 4.3.1 G300 modded Cyanogen 10.2?

Failing which, do I have to fall back to CWM etc.?  I've got TWRP installed, and would rather not lose that. . .

Solved this eventually.  I had to follow https://docs.google.com/a/snco.org.uk/document/d/1fHCqgv3Erj-IOAHssv20sxVMaphQJiVr3hebq9oQHNo/edit?pli=1 to enable the downgrade to 952 (no middle package was needed once I followed those IMEI-reset instructions, I was able to install HUAWEI_Ascend_G300_firmware(U8815,Android_4.0,V100R001C00B952,Normal,05011CPT) directly.

Restoring my own IMEI (step 4 of the above linked instructions), so I could use the official unlock code I got from Huawei, was tricky.  What worked eventually was rooting using http://huaweig300.com/how-to-root-the-huawei-g300/check-baseband-root/ , then back to the IMEI instructions.

Edited by hthompson

You can always install a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP again.

You are going to lose the custom recovery temporarily anyway if/when you manage to revert to stock ICS using a suitable update.app.

I don't know what update.app and/or middle package is guaranteed to work.

But there are several different middle packages that may help here if a straight force update of B952 doesn't work.

Search the forum (I find a Google site specific search better than the site's own search) to find them and more info about them.

Failing that just do what I did - revert to the GB baseband and bootloader (http://www.modaco.com/topic/361310-downgrade-upgrade-from-recovery/) and a GB ROM (e.g. CM7) and avoid the hassle of ICS bootloader unlocking. :)

Edited by dalyer

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dubitoergosum

hey guys!

just got back my phone from warranty service, and this time I wanted to unlock the bootloader with official code, but I don't seem to understand a few things.

do you get the code from Huawei for free if you ask by e-mail?

I'm asking this because there are a few things letting me think you gotta pay. ie: this thread and the fact that you need an account for dc-unlocker, which you can only get if you buy some kind of credits.

also, it looks like those who ask for the code by e-mail, keep getting wrong ones..

so, is using an official bootloader unlock code any better than old methods? I didn't have signal losses with unofficial unlocking either

oh, and btw, the tutorial is kinda hard to understand, it misses a lot of steps! I'm kinda bright/creative, so managed somehow, but for other beginners, it must be a nightmare :D

thanks for it anyway, it's still a huge effort :)

edit: oh, now I get what I have to do to get the bootloader code from dc-unlocker. except it doesn't work, no matter which driver I install. I get every info, except the bootloader code and it says it can't read the SIm status. checked with adb, bootloader is locked, version is the same, system state OK..

Edited by dubitoergosum

Guest wbrambley

You may have to buy one credit and force unlock. That's what I had to do. Emailed and used Huawei unlock site but didn't get any response. Tried for months.

My code came from Huawei the next day. I mailed them and put URGENT in the subject. I guess it's down to luck :)

I found the tutorial very easy to follow. Thanks George!

hey guys!

just got back my phone from warranty service, and this time I wanted to unlock the bootloader with official code, but I don't seem to understand a few things.

do you get the code from Huawei for free if you ask by e-mail?

I'm asking this because there are a few things letting me think you gotta pay. ie: this thread and the fact that you need an account for dc-unlocker, which you can only get if you buy some kind of credits.

also, it looks like those who ask for the code by e-mail, keep getting wrong ones..

so, is using an official bootloader unlock code any better than old methods? I didn't have signal losses with unofficial unlocking either

oh, and btw, the tutorial is kinda hard to understand, it misses a lot of steps! I'm kinda bright/creative, so managed somehow, but for other beginners, it must be a nightmare :D

thanks for it anyway, it's still a huge effort :)

edit: oh, now I get what I have to do to get the bootloader code from dc-unlocker. except it doesn't work, no matter which driver I install. I get every info, except the bootloader code and it says it can't read the SIm status. checked with adb, bootloader is locked, version is the same, system state OK..

You can get the bootloader unlock code from Huawei using their online form or by email.

It can take several attempts to get a response from them.

Some people never got a reply. Some got the wrong code. Some kept trying and got the correct code. Some got it straight off!

You cannot get a network unlock code for free just in case you are talking about that.

If you do the unofficial unlock and don't have 3G reboots then you can probably stick with that.

If you get 3G reboots then you'll need to do the official unlock.

DC Unlocker works for some people to do a free bootloader unlock.

It does not work for others in which case you need to buy a credit or else get the Huawei code.

Another alternative is to revert to the GB bootloader, baseband and a GB ROM (e.g. CM7, Superslim, Slim, AtomicMod). This is what I did and I found CM7 on the GB baseband and bootloader very smooth, responsive and stable.

George109's tutorial is very detailed and comprehensive but if you read and understand it all then it will work.

However if you think that it misses any key steps of instructions then post corrections here and I'm sure that george109 will update it even if (like me!) he uses a different phone now.

Hope this helps.

Guest dubitoergosum

Yeah it's a nice tutorial overall, it's only that at one point it feels like it's written for my grandma, who never touched a PC in her life (ie: telling me where to extract some folders, elaborating how to extract a splitted zip archive), then at the next point it tells me to verify the upgrade.app with the hash generator, nothing more. Again, I figured it out, and I'm not talking about key steps, but it is very hard to follow for a beginner like me.

I don't understand - first you seemed to suggest that it misses some key steps/points/instructions but now you are saying that it's pitched at too low a technical level!??!

I imagine that george109 erred on the side of caution in spelling things out in a very detailed and basic way.

That way inexperienced users can use the tutorial - more experienced users can just skim over the baby steps.

If you think it can be improved then post your comments here but as far as I can see you are contradicting yourself...

Guest dubitoergosum

I don't understand - first you seemed to suggest that it misses some key steps/points/instructions but now you are saying that it's pitched at too low a technical level!??!

I imagine that george109 erred on the side of caution in spelling things out in a very detailed and basic way.

That way inexperienced users can use the tutorial - more experienced users can just skim over the baby steps.

If you think it can be improved then post your comments here but as far as I can see you are contradicting yourself...

Maybe I'm not expressing myself clear in english, but what I wanted to say is that the tutorial elaborates basic steps, while doesn't really help at steps which requires a bit more experience/knowledge about playing around with your Android.

I've already posted my examples, but here they are again:

a; basic steps elaborated/unnecessary instructions:

a/1: telling where exactly to extract the zip archives (like it wouldn't work just the same extracted to anywhere else on my PC)

a/2: instructions how to exctract a splitted zip archive - this is not unnecessary, but it's a very basic step, while there are:

b; poorly elaborated advanced steps

b/1: verifying update.app with hash generator - I don't know what is a hash generator and how can I verify something with it (I think I managed the latter tho, but only by luck and I'm not sure if I did it right or if I can trust myself at this. a lot of lines appeared, which included those two given, but I don't even know if I'm supposed to see more lines than just those two..)

Again, I'm not saying it's a bad tutorial, just pointing out a few things that could help beginners  - which doesn't equal technical illiterals.

Hi ladies and gentlemen - long time reader of both Modaco and XDA-developers, first time writing here.

I actually managed to officially unlock the bootloader on my non-Hynix eMMC-equipped (Ascend G300 - U8815) phone after sending an email using the provided template to Huawei on TWO OCCASIONS, with a second email being sent to themselves ACTUALLY TELLING THEM TO DOUBLE-CHECK THE FIRST GODDAMN BOOTLOADER CODE THEY SENT ME in which they then said that the first provided bootloader code is CORRECT EVEN THOUGH IT ISN'T, thus making it three emails sent in total, with the third email providing a working bootloader code.

However, upon following the bootloader unlocking instructions provided on here, I found that the phone wouldn't reboot and thus was stuck in Fastboot Mode when I tried to unlock the bootloader via the Android Debug Bridge & Huawei Unlock Code method so then what I had to do was I then rooted the Force Update ICS ROM via the RootG300.exe automated executable at http://huaweig300.com and then I resumed the bootloader unlocking process by getting the phone to boot into Fastboot Mode and then following the instructions here to unlock the bootloader - meaning that your phone HAS TO BE ROOTED IN ORDER FOR THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS TO WORK but that is based on what I did so feel free to correct me on that one.

All in all, I would like to thank everyone who has made the phone-modding process for this phone a painless and noob-friendly procedure. :D

Edited by aha360

hi people:

First , i've seen this post about unlocking the g300's bootloader and I think that's important because i've unlocked my bootloader unnoficially.
First, i don't want to lose my configurations, so i make a nand backup by cwm 6.0.4.5.
Second, i do everything and it wipes the phone.
Third, I think when the process is done, the phone is with the original ics rom.
1-there, i can flash cwm again?
2-Can I install again a pure cm10.2(my favourite)
and 3-Can I do an advanced restore, by just restoring system and data partitions.

I'm a developer and i know if i restore bootloader and boot i lost the official unlock.
But my question is if i can do the last three points
Cheers. and get hurry with the answers, precious answers :D :D

And sorry for my english because i am a student and i am a portuguese

ps- i am with cm10.2

is there any problem?

Edited by Guest

I'm not totally clear what you're asking but...

You obviously need to flash stock (e.g. B952) to do an official ICS bootloader unlock.

Once done you can root again and install CWM again and then restore your backup.

Restoring the backup will not change the bootloader.

Hope this helps.

I'm not totally clear what you're asking but...

You obviously need to flash stock (e.g. B952) to do an official ICS bootloader unlock.

Once done you can root again and install CWM again and then restore your backup.

Restoring the backup will not change the bootloader.

Hope this helps.

Adding to that, instead of using ClockworkMod recovery, you can use the TeamWin Recovery Project recovery in which you can do a full backup (sans the bootloader) and then when you do come to restoring your OS installation, you can then select which partitions you can install easily via the graphical user interface, which if you ask me, is a lot easier to do on and use than the stock recovery-like ClockWorkMod recovery

Edited by aha360

I AM currentily on Cyanogenmod 10.2 and i have a NAND backup of stock. Can I restore it?

How can I root my stock ROM without unnoficial bootloader?

1. Which recovery program did you use to backup your stock OS setup? If you have used ClockworkMod or TeamWin then it is as easy as just choosing the "RESTORE" option in the recovery.

2. I used the RootG300.exe application from the huaweig300.com site while enabling USB debugging on the stock ROM but just remember to install the PC drivers for the phone before you plan on rooting the stock OS install - that's the easiest way to go about it if you ask me, and if you need any other files then feel free to message me.

I unlocked officially the bootloader by this great tutorial and since I did it my phone works perfect !!! There is no signal problem or unreachable phone .. missed calls etc. -  all is working very fine, thank you it helpes me to solve the problem :) (I´m on 23.1.2014 nigthly build CM11)

I AM currentily on Cyanogenmod 10.2 and i have a NAND backup of stock. Can I restore it?

How can I root my stock ROM without unnoficial bootloader?[/quote

Yes, you will be able to restore it. Backing it up on the unofficial boot loader and restoring on the official boot loader will work fine.

Guest george109

I have sent two emails to huawei about this code, but no answer. I also filled the form on the website. Can we pay to get a working code?

Try sending them another one

You could also try using dc unlocker - just google DC Unlocker G300

EDIT: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/U8815-detect-unlock-procedure

Dont pay for a token, when you get the code unlock using the tut as if you had the code from Huawei

Edited by george109