[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

Guest george109

Guest george109

I entered my details and it says

We regret to say that the information you are searching is not found. Pleae mail to [email protected], We'll respond to you as soon as possible, thanks.

I don't know if it matters that I already got the code from Huawei by email a while back?

Oh - Im going to test it myself - im asking a few people to PM me to see if their product IDs are the same :)

If it works ill add it. If it doesn't ill just leave it for now and see if it works in the future

Guest george109

Great! The product IDs are all different! Time to start up fiddler and see how Huawei checks the ID!

Why do Huawei have to comment in Chinese? It makes life so much harder :(

I think this comment in their HTML sums up Huawei's products and software really well: 

您好,本查询功能还处于测试阶段,如有问题,请您及时通过邮件说明,发送至[email protected],反馈给我们的支持人员,谢谢!

In Google Translate English this means: 

Hello, this inquiry is still in the testing phase, any questions, please timely instructions via e-mail, sent to [email protected], feedback to our support staff, thank you!

Edited by george109

Guest george109

Yeah. Thanks for that. I've had a look and they are all different. I tried to get it to work by putting in NY details and other people's product IDs but that didn't work at all. I had a look with fiddler but everything is done on their server, so I can't hack manipulate :lol: it :(

Edited by george109

Guest dalyer

If my full details (IMEI, S/N, product ID) that I used to get the code from Huawei by email would help you I can PM them to you on the basis that I assume that I can trust you with them! :D

PS - wasn't aware of Fiddler before - interesting tool - thanks. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiddler_(software)

Edited by dalyer

Guest george109

If my full details (IMEI, S/N, product ID) that I used to get the code from Huawei by email would help you I can PM them to you on the basis that I assume that I can trust you with them! :D

PS - wasn't aware of Fiddler before - interesting tool - thanks. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiddler_(software)

That would be really useful thanks (I won't abuse them! What can you even do with an IMEI and Serial Number? Also fiddler is really good for abusing testing some sites :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JoeDodge

I entered my details and it says

We regret to say that the information you are searching is not found. Pleae mail to [email protected], We'll respond to you as soon as possible, thanks.

I don't know if it matters that I already got the code from Huawei by email a while back?

Same here, but I didn't request the code previously.

Guest goodfella123

Hi, please could someone help.

I could not force the update so went through the alternative methods and eventually installed ICS repack as suggested.

I then installed the lock bootloader zip as suggested.

The part i'm stuck at is where the guide says 'next post'.

I cannot get the command prompt to open in a specific loacation as i'm using xp.

I've added the command to right-click menu using registry fix but it still won't do it.

I'm also confused by the part of the post that says:

"plug it back in to the PC and go into the folder, where you extracted it". Now you are there, press Shift and right click. You should see a menu with a few strange options. You need to Click "Open command window here"

Extracted what?

I am doing this with a view to updating my phone to ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.5 so i can install the KK Ultra rom.

The main reason though is because i cannot use the camera as i keep getting the 'can't connect to camera' error.

Still getting it after installing ICS repack.

Forgot to add - when trying to do the update it stalled at around 30% and there was no text just a pink progress bar.

Edited by goodfella123

Guest dalyer

To open a command shell just press Windows key + R together and then type in cmd and hit enter.

You might have to cd to the required folder after that.

The "extracted" bit refers to extracting the update.app zip (or rar?) image that you downloaded in two parts.

You should read the tutorial again from start to finish to ensure that you understand it.

If not then don't do anything as you might mess things up.

And also check if you have Samsung or Hynix eMMC (there's a thread on this and how to do it).

If you have Hynix be careful what you flash - e.g. the CWM to which you refer may be based on the 3.4 Linux kernel and could hard brick a Hynix phone.

Hope this helps.

Guest george109

To open a command shell just press Windows key + R together and then type in cmd and hit enter.

You might have to cd to the required folder after that.

The "extracted" bit refers to extracting the update.app zip (or rar?) image that you downloaded in two parts.

You should read the tutorial again from start to finish to ensure that you understand it.

If not then don't do anything as you might mess things up.

And also check if you have Samsung or Hynix eMMC (there's a thread on this and how to do it).

If you have Hynix be careful what you flash - e.g. the CWM to which you refer may be based on the 3.4 Linux kernel and could hard brick a Hynix phone.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help :) - I cant remember what it is. If you do not understand, try reading the tutorial from the start. Click the link in my sig to check the flash. 

Guest ^Krzysiek
I have a problem with locked bootloader. I enter fastboot oem relock 1822820880921762. No. bootloader I got email from Huawei so it is good. Despite this, the phone shows an exclamation mark and the information about the fail code or a fail image of something. 

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong and how do I lock the bootloader? My SIM card slot is broken and I have to send the phone for repair.

If it says image signature verification failed or relocking failed, then you will need to do a force update. This is because of a non-stock Recovery and / or ROM. To fix this, you have to SPAM Force update (This is an ICS, B952 Update), You will need BOTH files, as I have made a split archive. (Due to mediafire storage limits :(). Now you will need to download them to the SAME FOLDER! Please Verify the file with this hash generator. The Hashes are:

CRC32: 49ef9ecb
SHA1: af20acf3d79249bbb3ce938d96b7a4e059bd1005
If these are wrong, then you need to download both things again (Sorry, its the only way to remove !) Now you need to mount USB storage (Do it in recovery, as some ROMS a copy the dload folder and then paste it in the root of the SD Card. Like this:

attachicon.gifright-click-removable-disk-paste1.jpg

Now turn off the phone, and hold the Volume UP AND DOWN buttons at the SAME TIME! Now you will see a screen with a progress bar saying "Unpacking". If you see a pink screen, Check the SD card, and the folder. The dload folder is missing or in the wrong place. Now you will need to wait until it is finished. The phone will reboot. Now complete the setup, and you are finished! :D

It's not working :/

Guest george109

I have a problem with locked bootloader. I enter fastboot oem relock 1822820880921762. No. bootloader I got email from Huawei so it is good. Despite this, the phone shows an exclamation mark and the information about the fail code or a fail image of something.

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong and how do I lock the bootloader? My SIM card slot is broken and I have to send the phone for repair.

It's not working :/

Just flash force update. (under restoring original bootloader). That may relock it. I can't remember. If it doesn't Then try relock again.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jokny

Hi. I followed huaweig300.com to install custom roms on my device. So i guess i have bootloader unlocked the unofficial way. My phone sometimes loses signal. Could official boatloader fix it?

Also my phone was never locked to a certain operator. Do i still need unlock code from Huawei?

Guest chelu

The code from Huawei unlocks the bootloader, not the network. And yes, after unlocking the bootloader the official way you will not have signal loss. Doesn't the phone reboot randomly when on 3G? That is another effect of unofficial bootloader unlocking.

Guest jokny

I've just finally managed to unlock the bootloader using this guide. Huawei was really quick to send me the code.

I hope signal problems are gone now.

I haven't experienced random reboots, but thats might be because i am usually on 2G.

Edited by jokny

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PreferLinux

First, the link in the OP to the Huawei form to ask for an unlock code (http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/servicePolicy.do?method=preUnlock) doesn't seem to take me to anywhere useful. It redirects me to http://consumer.huawei.com/en/?method=preUnlock which just shows their consumer home page.

I'm trying to unlock the bootloader of my G300, and I've got a slight problem. I've tried the page http://en.club.vmall.com/emotiondownload.php?mod=unlock&action=pre as I saw earlier in the thread, but it just says the same "We regret to say that the information you are searching is not found..." as was mentioned earlier in the thread. So I've emailed them, and they replied along much the same lines ("Sorry that after checking, we can’t find any releasing record for this item. So we can’t provide the relevant WIDEWINE KEY according. Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.") Now, I do realise that not everyone gets a (correct) response, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this kind of response and if it is worth emailing them again. I'm pretty certain all the info I provided is correct.

Guest dalyer

You probably need to keep emailing them with the correct info (IMEI, model number, serial number etc.) until they give you the code.

https://www.facebook.com/huaweidevice/posts/527270163985998

Or just try DC Unlocker and see if it will work for free:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/page-17#entry2168479

If not then you can pay them $1 (or €1?) for them to unlock the bootloader. Probably the easiest option seeing that Huawei can make it so difficult for some customers...

Guest PreferLinux

I'd try DC Unlocker, but I'm on Linux and it seems to be Windows-only. I've emailed them again (it is pretty much impossible that they "couldn't find it" if they actually looked properly).

Guest dalyer

It might be easier to borrow access to a Windows machine and try DC Unlocker.

But if you persist with getting the code from Huawei then it may take several attempts.

That's assuming that they are still processing G300 bootloader unlock code requests at all?

Make sure to send them all of the relevant details - use the template email in the first post of this thread.

Edited by dalyer

Guest PreferLinux

I managed to get USB working in a virtual machine (I've tried unsuccessfully before, but it worked this time), so I tried out DC Unlocker there. Unfortunately it didn't work (using either set of drivers). So I'm waiting for Huawei again...

Guest dalyer

What do you mean it does't work?
Can't connect at all or can't unlock for free?

If it can connect but not unlock for free then you can pay them $1 (or €1?) to get the bootloader unlocked.

I generally don't have any issues with USB and VMs (VMware).

Guest PreferLinux

It couldn't connect. But I could see both COM ports showing up in Device Manager, so it seems the passthrough was working correctly.

But I'm not too worried as I can wait for Huawei, although I have emailed them again (I'm not waiting three days to hear back before emailing again – I'll pester them until I get a useful response).

Guest PreferLinux

And 17 minutes later I get a reply with my unlock code. Nice! I just hope it works correctly (don't have time to try right now).

Edit: It worked great.

Edited by PreferLinux