Help! Error rooting

Guest pedrito505

Guest pedrito505

Hi everyone!

I'm having trouble on root my g300.

In unlockbootloader.exe or g300root.exe or batch file methods, it gives me an error on rooting my device!

In batch, it says: unable chmod /system/xbin/su: no such file or directory. But I have superuser.apk installed on my device, but I haven't root permission.

Thank You!

(Sorry for bad english)

Guest denzele

Hi everyone!

I'm having trouble on root my g300.

In unlockbootloader.exe or g300root.exe or batch file methods, it gives me an error on rooting my device!

Unlockbootloader.exe is for ICS only.

What are you trying to root ISC or GB?

Guest penthaler

Did you install superuser from market or that app appears after any of that trying to root phone?

If you install it only, uninstal it and connect phone in mass storage to pc and use unlockbootloader.exe file. Dont forget to enable USB DEBUGING in phone settings, and dissable "quick start"

Edited by penthaler

Guest pedrito505

Did you install superuser from market or that app appears after any of that trying to root phone?

If you install it only, uninstal it and connect phone in mass storage to pc and use unlockbootloader.exe file. Dont forget to enable USB DEBUGING in phone settings, and dissable "quick start"

I installed superuser.apk from unlockbootloader.exe

But now, I can't uninstall it because it's a system app, and I haven't root priviligies to uninstall system apps!

Guest penthaler

Jesus - the only problem is, that you dont know how to use it.

If you really install it via unlockbootloader.exe you have ROOTed your phone succesfully, but need apps, that use root acces.

btw. open superuser - move to left window - and there is something like "check" oudated binary. Press it and try to update it. If it will be succesfull - app will ask for root acces, allow it and continue.

Then you can download for example ES TASK MANAGER from google play, go to its setting and tick the ROOT ENHANCEMENT... App will ask for root access, if you dont have root it will say something like "no root" and nothing happend. If you have root you will have access to STARTUP MANAGER in ES TASK MANAGER ;)

Guest pedrito505

Jesus - the only problem is, that you dont know how to use it.

If you really install it via unlockbootloader.exe you have ROOTed your phone succesfully, but need apps, that use root acces.

btw. open superuser - move to left window - and there is something like "check" oudated binary. Press it and try to update it. If it will be succesfull - app will ask for root acces, allow it and continue.

Then you can download for example ES TASK MANAGER from google play, go to its setting and tick the ROOT ENHANCEMENT... App will ask for root access, if you dont have root it will say something like "no root" and nothing happend. If you have root you will have access to STARTUP MANAGER in ES TASK MANAGER ;)

But I don't have root in my device, just the app!

When I try to update the binary (in superuser.apk), it says "Legacy"!

I also installed rootchecker and shows a message "you have no root" (or something like that)

Don't forget that my computer, when i'm trying to root, says "unable chmod /system/xbin/su: no such file or directory"

Guest penthaler

Did you have in your phone settings this options set up right? -> Dont forget to enable USB DEBUGING in phone settings, and dissable "quick start".

Then it is weird...

Tell us more information about phone - version of ICS (I got B952, rooted B934 or so)..., version of superuser.apk, anything what can help

Guest pedrito505

Did you have in your phone settings this options set up right? -> Dont forget to enable USB DEBUGING in phone settings, and dissable "quick start".

Then it is weird...

Tell us more information about phone - version of ICS (I got B952, rooted B934 or so)..., version of superuser.apk, anything what can help

Yes, USB Debuging enabled and Quick Start disabled!

Base band 2030

B952

Superuser.apk version 3.1.3

It's really strange, it never happened!

Edit:

Superuser also says "Binary not found"

Edited by pedrito505

Guest penthaler

Just a question - you have any new version of unlockbootloader.exe? Because I was rooting manytimes this ics BUILD and with the same procedure and of course - I was testing few more... and anytime there will be superuser only 3.0.x version... after that I update to 3.1.3 (which is latest on Google Play) and I found out that in CM9 and on superuser oficial site, that there is Superuser 3.2...

Try this one

This was the first I tested - it flashes different cwm to your phone and when starting that cwm it installs root app and root files to gain root access...

Guest pedrito505

Just a question - you have any new version of unlockbootloader.exe? Because I was rooting manytimes this ics BUILD and with the same procedure and of course - I was testing few more... and anytime there will be superuser only 3.0.x version... after that I update to 3.1.3 (which is latest on Google Play) and I found out that in CM9 and on superuser oficial site, that there is Superuser 3.2...

Try this one http://www.modaco.co...-mac-and-linux/

This was the first I tested - it flashes different cwm to your phone and when starting that cwm it installs root app and root files to gain root access...

The same... No root!

Also, when I enter in recovery mode (vol up + power) it shows me the huawei recovery mode menu (only with reboot, apply update from sd card, wipes and touchscreen firmware upgrade)

Guest penthaler

Looks like the only way to fix this trouble is REFLASH the ROM... (only factory format doesnt help, because the root app etc still be there...), after that to test ONLY ONE procedure to ROOT the phone, after that restart phone and check, and if nothing do the ROOT again, again restart...

btw. that method has a little changed recovery... not much...

EDIT: And maybe there should be problems with PC usb drivers... ;)

Edited by penthaler

Guest pedrito505

Looks like the only way to fix this trouble is REFLASH the ROM... (only factory format doesnt help, because the root app etc still be there...), after that to test ONLY ONE procedure to ROOT the phone, after that restart phone and check, and if nothing do the ROOT again, again restart...

btw. that method has a little changed recovery... not much...

I also tried update.app and give "Update Failed" on 2/2...

Guest penthaler

I think that now you have great problem - you need to backup imei, zeroing your imei and make forced install of update.app (in dload) -

BUT! you need ROOT access to backup IMEI (even if you want to use 5irom apk - the second way to backup and zero imei)...

AM TOTALLY LOST, MAN... If the FORCED INSTALL (power off phone - press both volume buttons + power on) DONT WORK... AM LOST...

Guest pedrito505

I think that now you have great problem - you need to backup imei, zeroing your imei and make forced install of update.app (in dload) - http://www.modaco.co...teapp-20032013/

BUT! you need ROOT access to backup IMEI (even if you want to use 5irom apk - the second way to backup and zero imei)...

AM TOTALLY LOST, MAN... If the FORCED INSTALL (power off phone - press both volume buttons + power on) DONT WORK... AM LOST...

I'm stuck :(

Is anyway to enter on device thru vol down + power? Like command line or something like that?

Guest akarana

EDIT: And maybe there should be problems with PC usb drivers... ;)

What is it with that OS that it decides itself what to do with USB devices and won't believe what the device tells it.

"Here's a nickel kid. Go buy yourself a decent computer."

Guest denzele

What a mess you have there mate...Ok one option I would try is to downgrade to GB then follow update to ICS then try root again..I was on B952 slim rom when downgraded officially to B895 GB..no zeroing IMEI nothing..try..

Guest pedrito505

What a mess you have there mate...Ok one option I would try is to downgrade to GB then follow update to ICS then try root again..I was on B952 slim rom when downgraded officially to B895 GB..no zeroing IMEI nothing..try..

But every single update.app goes on error, on step 2/2.

Guest j4r0l

use middle package before main official update..

put it in sdcard/dload/ as you would do with update.app and run force update

i dont remember exactly what happens now,but now you need to put update.app (the big one) in the place on middle package and run force update again