Duolingo free language learning now available for Android

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Duolingo - the FREE language learning application with $15m of backing from investors including Ashton Kutcher - is now available for Android.

The application, currently available for phones with a tablet release coming soon, allows you to learn Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian and English. The learning is broken down into small, fun lessons with graphical, audio and text based exercises to keep things interesting. You can track your progress with achievements too both on device and on the Duolingo website (where you can complete the lessons too).

Not only is the app free - the publishers promise no fees, no ads, no gimmicks - ever and 'a college-quality education without the price tag.'

I gave the application a go last night and it's really nice! I still remember most of what I learnt last night today (which is no mean feat for me!), so I suspect this might become a regular end-of-day activity! :)

Give it a go and let us know what you think!

Head on over to the Play Store to download, or the Duolingo website to learn more.

duolingoss.png

Click here to view the item

Guest mrrog

Side loaed onto my nexus 7, works fine.

Had a go at german and seems like a reasonably light way to learn a language, a bit like some of the language games on my old ends.

However, have i done something wrong as it appears to require a web connection to work.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.