Smoothest Gingerbread launcher?

Guest omegavesko

Guest omegavesko

One problem I've had since switching to CM7 is that I just can't find a launcher that doesn't start to lag when I have more than a couple homescreens' worth of icons. What launcher does everyone here use on Gingerbread?

Guest gbosh

ADW launcher, the one from play store is the only one that is tolerably smooth to me, it's nowhere near Jelly Bean but it's ok. And it supports GO launcher themes.

Guest omegavesko

ADW does seem pretty cool. Not as smooth as Jelly Bean, but definitely smoother than GO Launcher.

I also like that it supports my GO Launcher themes, I don't think any other launcher does that.

Guest omegavesko

In a somewhat related note, wahr browser do you use on gingerbread, because the stock one is very laggy.

Opera Mini. I haven't bothered with Dolphin (that's what I use on 4.x) since I assumed it would just use the outdated WebKit engine anyway.

You could try Firefox, the Gecko engine should be pretty fast regardless of the Android version you have.

Guest honigfisch

On opera you cant watch flash videos. I am using Dolphin - looks a bit like Chrome :P

But otherwise opera is a good browser

Edited by honigfisch

Guest omegavesko
On opera you cant watch flash videos. I am using Dolphin - looks a bit like Chrome :P

But otherwise opera is a good browser

Opera Mini is very limited, but I use it because it's extremely smooth. Smoother than the AOSP browser on 4.x, even.

That said, if I want to do anything a bit more advanced, I have to use Firefox or a WebKit based browser.

Guest omegavesko
launcher pro is the smoooothest launcher i ever saw, but the features are very poor, and there is no more updates.

Launcher pro is very smooth out of the box, but I've found it starts to lag pretty badly when I add more widgets and shortcuts. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

Guest habanero79

the smoothest launcher i`ve ever seen is Next Launcher and i've testet very very much. it cost 7,... euro but for this excellent work i paid it. you can try it for 36 hours https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gtp.nextlauncher.trial&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5ndHAubmV4dGxhdW5jaGVyLnRyaWFsIl0.

give it a try ^_^

Guest Paun21

It thinks my phone is incompatible, for some reason.

JPyeZRS.png

ne znam kako je to moguce, koristim ga vec pola godine, na svakom rom-u je radio brz problema i na 2. i 4.

pored toga sto je extra brz ima u sebi i anti virus i jos dosta dodataka a jako malo rama uzima, sa tri ekrana od koja su dva puna widget- a uzima samo 13Mb. i da koristim ics temu

Guest H3ROS

For Gingerbread I've found the smoothest launcher to be an older version of Go Launcher. More specifically the modified version I created for H3 Blues.

I've always experienced lag with newer versions of ADW so have avoided it.

As for which browser is the smoothest, I would suggest using Opera Mobile Classic. It avoids the webkit engine the newer version uses, so it works better on Gingerbread and ARMv6 phones.

Guest omegavesko

ne znam kako je to moguce, koristim ga vec pola godine, na svakom rom-u je radio brz problema i na 2. i 4.

pored toga sto je extra brz ima u sebi i anti virus i jos dosta dodataka a jako malo rama uzima, sa tri ekrana od koja su dva puna widget- a uzima samo 13Mb. i da koristim ics temu

Moguće da se buni jer sam menjao DPI. Skinuću APK pa da vidim kakav je.

Guest omegavesko

Hey i just found this -> http://forum.xda-dev...2291270<br />gonna give a try :)

C:\Users\Omega\Downloads>adb install HwLauncher6.apk

* daemon not running. starting it now *

* daemon started successfully *

2005 KB/s (2164718 bytes in 1.054s)

pkg: /data/local/tmp/HwLauncher6.apk

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK]

C:\Users\Omega\Downloads>

Looks like it doesn't support Gingerbread. :/

Edited by omegavesko

Guest emilpoul

Well guys, I applied mokee is, and after I applied as final the adw launcher, so I confirm that runs huuuge better than apex, smart and go. Mokee with adw and holo locker make any other ICS jb to not look that much delicious any more.

By the way, holo IAS huuuuge awesome.

• 5 months later...