Unfreezing the San Diego

Guest Budoc

Guest Budoc

Hello,

How do I go about resetting a frozen Orange San Diego? Everything is default on my San Diego, it is running Orange's ICS and I have not rooted the phone. I received an email alert, and when I pushed the power button I got a blank desktop before the screen went dark and the phone wouldn't wake. Is the small hole at the top of the phone near the 3.5 mm socket used for resetting? In this situation, I would normally remove the battery but obviously this is not an option for the San Diego without removing the sealed back and I do not want to do this.

Apologies if such a question has been asked previously - I thought that it would have been, but a search yielded no results.

Edited by Budoc

Guest Gibson.1

I've had that a few times before, normally holding in the power button for longer restarts the phone, or plugging it in to charge can solve it too. That's what's worked for me anyway, hope that helps.

Guest Budoc

I've had that a few times before, normally holding in the power button for longer restarts the phone, or plugging it in to charge can solve it too. That's what's worked for me anyway, hope that helps.

Thanks! I eventually managed to restart it by holding the power button for a while.

Do you know what the small pinhole is at the top of the phone? I hope that it's nothing fragile as I did try inserting a paperclip down there in a bid to try to unfreeze the phone!

Guest Gibson.1

Thanks! I eventually managed to restart it by holding the power button for a while.

Do you know what the small pinhole is at the top of the phone? I hope that it's nothing fragile as I did try inserting a paperclip down there in a bid to try to unfreeze the phone!

It is the hole for the secondary microphone for noise cancelling during calls, I would use the sound recorder and pass your finger gently over the pinhole while recording to test its still working fine. I'm not sure how exposed the microphone actually is inside so I wouldn't know if you could have damaged it or not but I would imagine its probably ok.

Guest Budoc

It is the hole for the secondary microphone for noise cancelling during calls, I would use the sound recorder and pass your finger gently over the pinhole while recording to test its still working fine. I'm not sure how exposed the microphone actually is inside so I wouldn't know if you could have damaged it or not but I would imagine its probably ok.

Thank you for the information. Yes, there's a decrease in recording clarity when the pinhole is covered, so I think that the secondary mic is still okay. I'll be sure to not put any more paperclips down there!

Guest sang3eta

It is the hole for the secondary microphone for noise cancelling during calls

It's the only microphone hole on my phone!

There is no microphone hole where you mouth goes as on the X900.

When you make calls people have a hard time hearing what you say.

Edited by sang3eta

Guest BlueMoonRising

It's the only microphone hole on my phone!

There is no microphone hole where you mouth goes as on the X900.

When you make calls people have a hard time hearing what you say.

Actually it has dual microphones with an 'Ambient Noise Cancellation' feature. The main microphone is behind one of the stereo speaker grills at the bottom I believe. I've never had a problem with the call quality from either end.