SAMSUNG I8000 (OMNIA2) ANDROID CM6NEW ROM V1

Guest argentinos

Guest argentinos

i do not have problem with mirroring itself. it can help many members that face restrictions due to their country/region to access original link.

but the link/host i am uploading / using has some meaning. it helps me to measure downloads per day, countries that ask for this ROM etc in order to improve ROM's functionality. the ending link is usefull because allow me to upload files more than 200mb while other hosts don't.

so if some of you face problems to access/download this ROM versions just post your request and any member can make an exception to send you with pm an alternative link (or even mirror). no problem for me with this. but please respect my will and efforts and do not public post alternative to the original links. i do not want alternative links to be the general rule for downloading. i do not keep my work/tests for myself, but share it. get nothing from it. help me to help improve this ROM even more by respecting this simple wish.

thanks for your understanding and time to read this.

Guest spiderman1961

Hi Argentinos :)... Happy see you again...downloaded new release and testing...Really wonderful job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bravo!!!!!!!! If i shall have time i'll use some ideas from v6 to develop another Twister release, if you give me permission. See you soon ;)

Edited by spiderman1961

Hello.

Thanks a lot for this, its a great Job.

I'm trying to install everything in Internal Storage (My Storage) and not use winmo any more

I Have an 8GB Omnia II. I've the partition in the device and the look like this

Partition 1 Primary 6400 MB = FAT32 (I this this is mmcblk1p1 or mmcblk1p5)

Partition 2 Primary 1250 MB = EXT3  (I this this is mmcblk1p2 or mmcblk1p6)

Partition 3 Primary  180 MB = SWAP  (I this this is mmcblk1p3 or mmcblk1p7)

Windows can see "MyStorage" with no problem.

I changed startup.txt

From this

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init"

to this

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init"

Also tried with diferente combination of  mmcblkXpY  (x = 0, 1; Y = 1,2,3,4,5,6)

In all casses the system boot, 5 or 6 micro lines of text and thens goes to the red eye and stays there foreverand the device seem to be locked (answer to no key)

am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Guest marios32

I tried this version and even though after 2 restarts it was working ok, on the third restart, it got stuck on the boot screen with the chinese letters.

Any suggestions ? I followed the instructions exactly to the letter. I've had this problem with previous versions of this rom btw.

Edited by marios32

Guest argentinos

@ elhozo : where you keep your haret etc ? on sd card or storage ? installation is not working without sd card. i made this ROM mainly for sd card installation (the method i prefer). for storage installation follow Spidermans1961 directions here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2342764

he is much more experienced in storage problems. i do not have storage installation and so i can not verify my suggestions to you before you. btw if you want i can check these

http://www.modaco.com/topic/346492-a-simple-way-to-install-froyo-beta2-in-my-storage/

http://www.modaco.com/topic/338560-installing-new-froyo-beta-on-internal-my-storage/

@ marios32

check again if you made the partitions primary as said, also check startup.txt . replace if they are corrupted you have chosen sd card installation or storage too ?

Guest marios32

The partitions are indeed primary and i checked startup.txt, its the same as before. I even replaced it again just to be sure. My installation is on SD card.

Unfortunately, it still won't work. I will try to use another sdcard just to be sure, but do you have any other suggestions ?

Thanks for your time, work and effort by the way :)

Guest argentinos

SAMSUNG I8000 (OMNIA2) ANDROID CM6NEW ROM Version 7
- Changed phone. support more SIM
- Fixed some bugs ( camera and wifi connection)
- Changed almost all android AOSP programs to the latest versions for froyo (2.2.3!!!!) and all google and third party applications to their latest versions , as they exist on play store

Note : Also here all changes made ​​having in mind speed, the screen type our mobile (resistive), the platform version of course ( android froyo ) and the look of latest distributions android (4.0 - 4.4). The optional, applications are not installed on the system , so anyone who does not need them, can uninstall them and lighten his cell phone. Anyone who needs them can keep them and make his mobile phone look like more modern. There are other similar applications in the market, but they are not free and so since it is not allowed to distribute commercial applications , anyone who wants can buy them and make his phone beautiful / faster .

No new photos , as the main difference here relates to the stability of the system and upgrade applications in 2.2.3 , the last for android froyo

installation instructions same as here
http://www.modaco.com/topic/363114-samsung-i8000-omnia2-android-cm6new-rom-v1/page-9#entry2191511
link for download in the first post.

Edited by argentinos

Guest sangisettynaresh

Thanks for the new version.This is the best version as compared to other versions in terms of battery.

I have two issues, music player is not searching music files from sd card as well as from my storage.

phone caller is not browsing the contacts while entering numbers.

Can you help me on that?

Guest argentinos

i think you should scan the system for media files. i have 2 music players. one stock android and folder music player. you tried both ?

About phone caller you tried stock froyo of ex dialer. i think that exdialer will do what you want. i just saw that maybe ex dialer version 160 that i used had some problem with this feature, so just go to play store and download-install version 162 that solves this problem (or download old stable version from here after you uninstall version 160. alternatively search on google for "touchpal contacts apk" and try the files you will find there.

Guest robrazil
Greeeeeeeeat job of all developers involved in this project.
Congratulation for initiative of you.
Well, I have an Omnia 2 wm 6.5 professional and I installed the Androind in my internal memory(8Gb) but are created the folders Android, .android_secure and LOST.DIR on SD external card like the folders of app that I install on Android. Then:
1- Exist a way to Android create these folders in root of internal memory(8gb) instead in root of SD external card or set that the Android stay all in 1 only folder on root like "Android_SO" and inside of "Adroid-SO" folder would be the folders Android.android_secure and LOST.DIR, and the folders of the apps ?
2- The wi-fi sometimes works and sometimes not. When it not works I need to restart the smartphone.
3- My contacts in SIM card are not visible in none chip manager.
I've tried some procedures like "import/export" contacts and the steps described on page http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8777609&postcount=11&nocache=1&z=1769853590521961 but nothing worked.
Some suggestion to fix it ?

Thanks.

Guest argentinos

Greeeeeeeeat job of all developers involved in this project.
Congratulation for initiative of you.
Well, I have an Omnia 2 wm 6.5 professional and I installed the Androind in my internal memory(8Gb) but are created the folders Android, .android_secure and LOST.DIR on SD external card like the folders of app that I install on Android. Then:
1- Exist a way to Android create these folders in root of internal memory(8gb) instead in root of SD external card or set that the Android stay all in 1 only folder on root like "Android_SO" and inside of "Adroid-SO" folder would be the folders Android.android_secure and LOST.DIR, and the folders of the apps ?
2- The wi-fi sometimes works and sometimes not. When it not works I need to restart the smartphone.
I've tried some procedures like "import/export" contacts and the steps described on page http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8777609&postcount=11&nocache=1&z=1769853590521961 but nothing worked.

Thanks.

about No2 : wifi is cyanogenmod problem, not this ROM's problem. later versions are more stable. especially v7 has many improvements about wifi fix

about No3 : try these apps

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.needom.simcontacts

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rachunek.android.simcard

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Contacts_Transfer_1206192

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SIM_Contacts_Assistant_1206192

i think they will solve your problem

about No1 : the basic philosophy of i8000 ported android was to be able to boot android from a media other than the android os. so normally we have to live with it. i did. no problem for me. some guys in modaco tried a way to place these folders on the same media as the os. a small search on this site will lead you to this guide of faqs and solutions. i could give you the direct link, but i am very tired to to it now. i will try tomorrow if you can not locate it.

Edited by argentinos

Guest robrazil
I've tried some procedures like "import/export" contacts and the steps described on page http://forum.xda-dev...769853590521961 but nothing worked.

The problem is that it always say "No contacts on your sim card" independent of the sim manager that I use. I read to do the instructions below in "airplain mode":

I will try it and the apps that you indicated but I want to do it only after install Android and all folders in internal memory.

Could you help me in that ? Please !!

I tried to find something about this theme for few hours but I didn't find nothing. Maybe, I'm not using the right words to do the search.

Thank you for any help.

Guest robrazil
Thank you for your help.
I saw the topics but any helped me in my issues.
I only can import the contacts of SIM card if the Android see these contacts. This is the smaller issue and I can try solve it later.
The first issue to solve is put the Android files and folders in the same folder. I created in root of my internal memory(storage with 8Gb) a folder called "ANDROID_SO". Inside of it I put the files haret.exe, zImage and startup.txt. Now I need set the Android system to create the folders Android, .android_secure and LOST.DIR inside of "ANDROID_SO" folder and set the installation of the new apps to "ANDROID_SO" folder too.
This way, I will have the folders and files of Android on the same place, on the same folder.
Did you understand what I want to do ?
I'm not a developer and not speak english very well.  :unsure:

Thank you.
Edited by robrazil

Guest argentinos

ok i got it and made some research

edit Init.tc open file as a text file.
In line number 18 is:
EXTERNAL_STORAGE export /mnt/sdcard
exchange for a
EXTERNAL_STORAGE export /storage
Save the changes, or when leaving the store the editable file.

this way you restrict your android on searching for sd card, so logically will create the files you want under storage

also try to edit vold.fstab from system/etc

from this

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0

to this

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1

you already tried and not working ? try either one of them or both fixes. i am sorry i can not try it myself but i am ok with a small sd card. i do not find the reason to spend time and efforts on this. because htc hd2 is far more andvanced about ported android try to search under their forums to find a soultion. see here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/hd2-android/nand-dev

Guest robrazil
Men... before write my last post I tried the 2 ways that you quoted. I already had made both procedures after read your message http://www.modaco.com/topic/363114-samsung-i8000-omnia2-android-cm6new-rom-v1/?p=2196718.
So, for each procedure, the problem is:

edit Init.tc open file as a text file.

In line number 18 is:
EXTERNAL_STORAGE export /mnt/sdcard
exchange for a
EXTERNAL_STORAGE export /storage
Save the changes, or when leaving the store the editable file.

The external SD card not is mounted. Only show the internal memory like /storage folder.

to this

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0 

from this

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1

When I click up folder /sdcard and /storage, so, both open the internal memory(8Gb). The external SD card not is mounted and the folders Android, .android_secure and LOST.DIR are created in root of internal memory.

As I am not a developer or programmer, what I want should be easy to do but I don't know how I could do that and I didn't find nothing about this on Google.
I only want put all folders and files of Android inside of only 1 folder and organize the folders on root of internal memory because I still have the WM 6.5 working in my phone. On my internal memory has many folders of windows mobile apps. 
Look... In root of my internal memory I created the ANDROID_SO folder and I put inside there the files haret.exe, zImage and startup.txt.
post-697535-0-97090100-1392927316_thumb.
post-697535-0-88399400-1392927449_thumb.
Now, I am looking a way to do the Android system create on the /storage/ANDROID_SO too the folders Android.android_secure and LOST.DIR like the news files and folders of new apps that I will install.
Did you understand me now ?
All files and folders of Android inside the same folder /storage/ANDROID_SO.
Could you help me in this issue ?

P.S.:
1- Internal memory is the same thing that /storage or /A Minha Memória.
2- I changed the icon of haret.exe file on windows mobile to the Android icon green..... rsrsrsrsr.
post-697535-0-64811700-1392928112_thumb.
post-697535-0-91186200-1392928903_thumb.
Edited by robrazil

Guest argentinos

one simple trick is force your android to consider the file storage/ANDROID_SO as your sd card, so it will place the files you need under it.

for example instead of EXTERNAL_STORAGE export /storage write EXTERNAL_STORAGE export /storage/ANDROID_SO

also instead of writing dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1

you should write dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard/ANDROID_SO auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1

i think this will do the job you want. if not please continue with me on pm or open another thread. i do not want to load this thread with information about another issue (not ROM and it's problems).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest robrazil
Hi.
1- I would like to know about front camera. When it will be able to working ?
2- The video made camera and camcorder is stopping the camera or camcorder and to do them work again i have to reboot the phone.
3- Has a way to reboot only Android without take reboot the phone ? 

Thanks.