Lewa OS 4.1.2 ROM

Guest leetron1

Guest Phrank

hi there...think the chap who is deving this ROM has messed about with root...seems he has switched to the security centre app to administer root permissions entailing about 5 taps to confirm permission for each app!! I just downloaded superuser from the store which seems to have over ridden it...

Yeah, I noticed that. I don't know whether I'll try removing that or not. I installed Chainfire's SuperSU anyway, and it all seems to be working.

GPS bug still exists in v5, though. Can't checkin with Facebook or Foursquare. I tried a few alternative Foursquare clients and they all force close. Oddly enough, GPS must be working as I can geotag photos in Camera Zoom FX Pro, and apps like InstaPlace and InstaWeather (which both say 'powered by Foursquare) work perfectly. It's not a dealbreaker for me, mind. I don't care about checkins, I was just experimenting to see if everything worked. I'm still impressed with the speed of this compared to stock :)

Guest radu_sergiu

I still have problems with contacts. even i imported them in phone, after a period of time i do not see any contact. i have to import them again and again. skype is not working anymore. viber crashed entire audio system. do you have all these problems?

LE yes, check in crashed facebook.

thanks

Edited by radu_sergiu

Guest vladandrei51

Hm, everybody say that the rom is smooth but for me is just as laggy as any other rom here (but CM :D), the toggles from notifications are in spanish even tho I set my phone language to English, plus all those chinesse characters drive me crazy.

A clean, smooth AOSP rom is too much to ask? lol...

P.S: I can't deny that it is well themed and the battery life is somewhat better than on other roms.

Guest leetron1

Hm, everybody say that the rom is smooth but for me is just as laggy as any other rom here (but CM :D), the toggles from notifications are in spanish even tho I set my phone language to English, plus all those chinesse characters drive me crazy.

A clean, smooth AOSP rom is too much to ask? lol...

P.S: I can't deny that it is well themed and the battery life is somewhat better than on other roms.

Couple of reboots removed the spanish notification text and then only noticed Chinese text within calls app...definitely not a deal breaker for me at least

Guest Phrank

Couple of reboots removed the spanish notification text and then only noticed Chinese text within calls app...definitely not a deal breaker for me at least

I occasionally get the odd string of Chinese when I used the Clean widget, but that's about it. I'm watching future development on this one, it's buttery smooth compared to stock, for me at least.

Guest leetron1

V1 is up, what's with the v1, a new version ? have someone test it

He seems to have renumbered back to a V1! Someone says prob with play store app compatibility with 'nuevo' V1...suck it n see I guess!

Guest leetron1

Hola compañeros la V1 es por que lewa saco una nueva version 13.06.14

saludos

Many thanks my friend for your work on this ROM...very much appreciated...now can you please stop posting in foreign ;) :D !!

Many thanks my friend for your work on this ROM...very much appreciated...now can you please stop posting in foreign ;) :D !!

maybe u should translate it for us :D if you mind please :D

Guest Andymac1969

Hola compañeros la V1 es por que lewa saco una nueva version 13.06.14

saludos

Hello fellow that V1 is a new version sack lewa 13/06/14

regards

:P

yes, it is true, but after a period of time i am not able to see also the imported contacts. strange, isn' t it?

yeah same to me, after several days they were gone, i pressed the menu button went to "contacts to display" changed to sim and then back to phone again, and my contacts showed up, strange

Guest radu_sergiu

yes , but this trick sometime is working sometime is not. by the way, is it existing in the market a kind of application for contacts management in order not to use lewa native one?

Guest glassblower

This v1 ROM is now on my Y300 and all seems well, WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth all working perfectly.

Which is the newest version? v1 or v5?

Neil

This v1 ROM is now on my Y300 and all seems well, WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth all working perfectly.

Neil

V1

Guest Phrank

Neil

V1 is the newest. Confirmed that everything works in this version which didn't in v5, including GPS checkins using Facebook etc. Still no way to enable geotagging in the system camera app though, which is really odd :) Still my favourite ROM on this phone so far, I'm sticking with this one for now.

Guest glassblower

Can someone guide me how to install this on my G510-0100 Vodafone with TWRP 2.5.0.0 as i am confused with it?

Thanks

I installed this ROM on my Y300 but I guess the installation will be the same for the G510.

First you need to have unlocked your bootloader, rooted the phone and installed TWRP. Now download the ROM (V1 is the latest version, not v5). Place the zip file on your microSD card and boot the phone into recovery (press the volume+ button followed by the top power button). keep both these buttons held until the teamwin screen appears (around 15 seconds). Now press the wipe button and wipe dalvik etc. Then press the install button and select the zip file you placed on the SD card. Let the phone do the rest.

Neil

Guest Geeks Squad

I installed this ROM on my Y300 but I guess the installation will be the same for the G510.

First you need to have unlocked your bootloader, rooted the phone and installed TWRP. Now download the ROM (V1 is the latest version, not v5). Place the zip file on your microSD card and boot the phone into recovery (press the volume+ button followed by the top power button). keep both these buttons held until the teamwin screen appears (around 15 seconds). Now press the wipe button and wipe dalvik etc. Then press the install button and select the zip file you placed on the SD card. Let the phone do the rest.

Neil

Thank you Neil I got it sorted,