Lewa OS 4.1.2 ROM

Guest leetron1

Guest TangerineTractor

Which one of these files on mediafire is lewa for y300-100(171b i think)?Did anyone notice any bugs or battery drain?

Use the bottom "final" one.

Battery seems fine. No bugs, but a few "quirks" - it will start in chinese, so try to familiarise yourself with the position of the language option in settings (right hand tab, 14th item down, top option)

I have made comments earlier in this thread about stuff I have done to remove chinese characters for the dialler and contacts, the rest of it is pretty much down to personal taste I guess. I use it with Nova launcher, it seems a good stable base.

As for using CWM - don't know, I'm using TWRP - I don't see any reason to switch to CWM - TWRP works fine, and if the majority of rom devs are using it, then it seems to me like it's a more sensible option.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest jackosterman

Could anyone do me a favour and search the Lewa build.prop for "fast.dormancy" or "fast_dormancy"? Probably won't find anything, but I'm curious. Thanks.

Guest TangerineTractor

Could anyone do me a favour and search the Lewa build.prop for "fast.dormancy" or "fast_dormancy"? Probably won't find anything, but I'm curious. Thanks.

Nothing there. build.prop attached...

build.zip

well I've been using this rom (final) for a couple of days now and it's been good. I did a clean install and froze the services TangerineTractor referred to in previous post (thanks for that). Installed through clockworkmod recovery fine. Everything working great, 2G/3G, ending calls and I did not have to load any different basebands. I was originally on B186, nandroid backup taken previously in case i need to revert back. It's been as smooth as stock for me with some nice eye-candy to boot.

Edited by xzyk

Guest bogdanwp

New build 20130809 , seems to be uploaded today. Just flashed it and i will test it. Starts in Spanish but can easily be changed to English.

Edit : Works great until now , everything seems to be working. I have one question though , does anyone know what apk`s can be safely removed from it for increased performance ?

Edited by bogdanwp

Guest bogdanwp

Official ROM ?? [breathing stops] :o Yepeee. Reflashing then :))

Edit: Mate .... which one is it ? :))

Edit2: Nvm , found it . U8951

Edited by bogdanwp

Guest TangerineTractor

Don't want the official one, will be full of Chinese stuff. Is there a link to the new Spanish one? That was much better than the original Chinese one.

Guest bogdanwp

Is there an english version??:'(

Both Spanish and Chinese versions have English , just go to language options by eye , you should recognize it by the icon :P

Guest moochermick

Spanish one working fine for me. Freeze Lewa providers to remove Chinese in dialer and contacts.

Can you check mms please, on final version i couldn't receive mms but Data worked fine.

Guest TangerineTractor

Think this ya screenshot from a current device. The Spanish version of this Rom had been flawless so far for me. Best I've seen on this phone.

Guest bogdanwp

LeWa is great yes , but sad to say that it`s not the fastest . Fastest i found so far is SymAnd v2 from HTC Mania forums , to which i always come back. It would be great if LeWa or Miui would work faster on our devices but i don`t understand why they don`t. Also there`s Flyme OS from Meizu phones , i like the look of that rom a lot i also played a little with it , used to have it on Galaxy Gio but it was in Alpha stage , sadly almost nothing worked.