[Q] Micro SD card questions

Guest BlueMoonRising

Guest BlueMoonRising

1. Has anyone running the Orange ICS ROM enabled the MicroSD card slot? If so did you deodex first or not?

2. Has anyone running either ROM(Orange or Xolo) enabled the slot and then applied any of the recent patches? If so is the slot still enabled?

3. Has anyone tried a genuine 64GB card yet(not one of the dodgy ones)?

Guest DaveSimonH

1. I followed the AIO manual to the letter, including deodex, when I rooted then enabled the microSD slot. Apparently deodex isn't necessary though.

2. Haven't applied the 12MB, or any other patches.

3. I've only used an 8GB for testing, and the 32GB that is installed now.

Guest BlueMoonRising

1. I followed the AIO manual to the letter, including deodex, when I rooted then enabled the microSD slot. Apparently deodex isn't necessary though.

2. Haven't applied the 12MB, or any other patches.

3. I've only used an 8GB for testing, and the 32GB that is installed now.

I can confirm that the Xolo rom certainly doesn't need it, you're running Orange then?

Guest DaveSimonH

Yeah, just the standard Orange rom that came preinstalled on my OSD. My main concern was enabling the microSD slot, I wasn't too bothered about removing Orange icons etc.

Guest karthiknr

1.So,basically for a Xolo ICS build,deodexing isn't required for enabling?

2.But after enabling,you do have to deodex for the pc to recognise the card right?

Guest BlueMoonRising

1.So,basically for a Xolo ICS build,deodexing isn't required for enabling?

2.But after enabling,you do have to deodex for the pc to recognise the card right?

1. correct

2. err, no. Where did you get that idea? :P

You do not have to deodex AT ALL just to enable and use the Micro SD slot at least with the Xolo ICS rom. The only reason to deodex with Xolo is to use the themes.

I'm fairly certain you don't need to with the Orange ICS rom but I haven't got the time or inclination at the moment to confirm that. I may go back to Orange some time in the future to check.

Guest karthiknr
1. correct

2. err, no. Where did you get that idea? :P

You do not have to deodex AT ALL just to enable and use the Micro SD slot at least with the Xolo ICS rom. The only reason to deodex with Xolo is to use the themes.

I'm fairly certain you don't need to with the Orange ICS rom but I haven't got the time or inclination at the moment to confirm that. I may go back to Orange some time in the future to check.

Thanks so much. It was stupid of me to think that way. :P