[FIRMWARE UPDATE] Y300 B190

Guest leetron1

are people on this b190 getting any OTA updates? maybe to b194, as that's showing up on the FusionX thread ... i've also seen someone mention b196 but i'm guessing that's just someone mistyping.

Guest TangerineTractor

are people on this b190 getting any OTA updates? maybe to b194, as that's showing up on the FusionX thread ... i've also seen someone mention b196 but i'm guessing that's just someone mistyping.

Not for me. I think that 194 update has only been released by a specific carrier so far

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest nirmalbalaji

Did any one noticed the following bugs in B190 Middle East firmware ?

1. Headphone icon is not shown in the notification bar when the headphone is plugged-in. I checked with 3 of my headphones and the headphone icon is not visible.
  2. Pop up warning is not shown when the battery goes below 30% and even when it goes below 10%.

Notification panel is diabled by default and no way to enable it. Its greyed out. Is it possible to enable it? I know Notification Toggle can be used as an alternative but I really miss the default one provided by Huawei.

Except of these issues, B190 is definitely faster and smoother than the previous firmwares.

Guest johnnyy7

As for the upgrade by using the B182 firmware, by reading the Upgrade Guideline.pdf, it says you need just to copy the dload folder in the root of sd an then go to Settings->All->About phone->System update->Update via SD card->Confirm->Upgrade to start the upgrade (normal upgrade).

I suppose that this method cannot be completed because as I see most users use the TWRP method, right?

Is the TWRP method unsafe to do? And what do we mean when we say "to unlock bootloader"?

Sorry about my questions but I don't want to cause any harm to my new mobile. Sorry about my english.

Thanks a lot!!!

Edited by johnnyy7

Guest nirmalbalaji

If you are NOT unlocked your bootloader and have the UPDATE.APP from Huawei, then go with the normal method.

TWRP method is pretty much easy and safe to use. It never let me down even in the worst cases. But you have to unlock your bootloader and flash the TWRP recovery. There is no way it can harm your mobile but you will lose your warranty if you unlock.

Guest ZolaIII

TWRP method is pretty much easy and safe to use. It never let me down even in the worst cases. But you have to unlock your bootloader and flash the TWRP recovery. There is no way it can harm your mobile but you will lose your warranty if you unlock.

You will not lose hardware warranty by unlocking boot loader by EU laws! All of this can be undone and device doesn't count flashes so no way they will know the difference! Even the OTA work's on unlocked phone!

You will not lose hardware warranty by unlocking boot loader by EU laws! All of this can be undone and device doesn't count flashes so no way they will know the difference! Even the OTA work's on unlocked phone!

You are right.I contacted huawei asking these question and they said 'you are under warranty even after the unlock is done,only thing matter is if you load 3rd party software on the device'.

So no need to worry we can flash stock back to have warranty anytime =-O

But my doubt is does flashing custom recovery void the warranty??

Huawei said '3rd party',it includes twrp and cwm,right???

Guest ZolaIII

Well by EU laws you have HARDWARE warranty no matter what software you are using. If software is by any way defected you can change it through recovery or through ADB bridge those are your security mechanisms! Huawei must obey local laws in local markets!

There is no point in unlocking boot loader by it self, it enables installation of costume recovery that enables root access so that you can install super users that takes care about future root permissions. After finishing this 3 steps you need to install busy box with installer that expands shell commands & it's needed by most root apps!

Do try B194 stock rom!!!

Guest johnnyy7

If you are NOT unlocked your bootloader and have the UPDATE.APP from Huawei, then go with the normal method.

Thanks a lot!!!! Now viber works like a charm..!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Cyber-Logic

persist.sys.ui.hw=1

but you can do it easer via the developer settings

Could you tell me where to enable h/w acceleration in the Developer options? I have a Y300, but I can't seem to find an option for the h/w settings. :-/

EDIT: I edited the build.prop file but I'm still not able to use H/W decoding while playing videos on ANY player.. Ugh.

Edited by Cyber-Logic