Vowney / Verne V5

Guest bryfly

Guest tillaz

Quick Question: Is your CWM a touch recovery? if not, would it be possible to translate the chinese touch recovery ?

i'v just put a package together to repartition the recovery partition to 7mb so the TWRP (full touch) i made can be flashed, will post it soon.

I am using the ROM which came with the phone (with root & GAPPS)

that's probably why its not working as the factory rom is not deodexed,

Guest moorish

For the people who are waiting for their Vowney V5, I thought I would share my time line for the phone I purchased from Merimobile for friend.

Placed order: 15 June

Shipped: 21 June

Received: 28 June

So just under 2 weeks.

Forgot to add I went for free shipping with China Post.

Edited by moorish

Guest nsmacd1

Have tried 3 ROMs (inc. Tillaz's) and various apps and fixes but still can't even see any satellites, let alone get a fix!

The only time I can see them is when I use the MobileUncle app/Engineer mode MTK and I can see 12 satellites (and they turn green very quickly, so I can get a lock).

Once I have this lock then other apps (ie SatNav) lock very quickly also, but other times will not even register anything.

It seems to work very quickly once I can turn GPS on using the MobileUncle app, so was wondering if there are any clues here as to why this works and other apps/system settings don't

The GPS hardware is definitely working, but cannot find a lock using any app - Has anyone tried any of the other custom ROMs and found it working yet?

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest blaster99999

Have tried 3 ROMs (inc. Tillaz's) and various apps and fixes but still can't even see any satellites, let alone get a fix!

The only time I can see them is when I use the MobileUncle app/Engineer mode MTK and I can see 12 satellites (and they turn green very quickly, so I can get a lock).

Once I have this lock then other apps (ie SatNav) lock very quickly also, but other times will not even register anything.

It seems to work very quickly once I can turn GPS on using the MobileUncle app, so was wondering if there are any clues here as to why this works and other apps/system settings don't

The GPS hardware is definitely working, but cannot find a lock using any app - Has anyone tried any of the other custom ROMs and found it working yet?

it looks like only me that as a working GPS , I'm running stock ROM that came with phone it came rooted with gapps installed, followed the gps guide and within 15 minute with phone outside got my first lock , I've used co pilot about 10 times and Google maps 4 times and always got a lock with in a few minutes maximum , usually within 30 seconds , you mist make sure when you are doing the guide you turn screen to stop on or every time your screen powers off the GPS also powers off , the 2 apps I've got installed are faster GPS and GPS test.

Guest ChrisPNE
it looks like only me that as a working GPS , I'm running stock ROM that came with phone it came rooted with gapps installed, followed the gps guide and within 15 minute with phone outside got my first lock , I've used co pilot about 10 times and Google maps 4 times and always got a lock with in a few minutes maximum , usually within 30 seconds , you mist make sure when you are doing the guide you turn screen to stop on or every time your screen powers off the GPS also powers off , the 2 apps I've got installed are faster GPS and GPS test.

Have you got a link to the guide please?

I can't confirm if my GPS is working correctly or not. I've had locks but not had a proper chance to play with it as I'm stuck in an office most of the day.

Guest ChrisPNE
Which is the best ROM to flash i have just recieved my V5 and have flashed CWM?

I would flash the latest Tillaz ROM if I were you.

Guest Rico_89

Well finally had some time with my V5.. well now my brothers V5 so I tried sygic sat nav app and it seems to be working perfect. I get lock in like 10 seconds and it appears to be very stable. I haven't taken it on the road yet but as soon as I launch the app it's pretty much ready to go. Why it doesn't work like this for Google maps is beyond me.

Guest bryfly

Been trying this for the last hour and not getting very far, get the red line 100% and stop, windows tells me I have the correct driver each time I stop and download start again.........anybody else had a go yet?

pretty sure it is the driver prob again,just keeps loading the pre loader driver .............

Edited by bryfly

Guest nsmacd1

I too am on stock ROM (rooted with GAPPS) and have followed the GPS guide in the beginning of the thread, but is still only working if I turn the GPS on using the MobileUncle app. Have tried fasterGPS etc and also Tillaz's UK & Europe gps config files

Guest nsmacd1

oh right then you might want to change to one of tillaz's deodexed roms to install the mods

Quite interestingly, I restored this ROM using CWM after experimenting with other ROMs' GPS and it now works in the original non-deodexed ROM!

Guest ChrisPNE

Been trying this for the last hour and not getting very far, get the red line 100% and stop, windows tells me I have the correct driver each time I stop and download start again.........anybody else had a go yet?

pretty sure it is the driver prob again,just keeps loading the pre loader driver .............

Try removing all the MTK drivers and manually installing the VCOM drivers from XDA.

Guest bryfly

Try removing all the MTK drivers and manually installing the VCOM drivers from XDA.

Yep removed all MTK drivers , keep getting error 8038,

Android download. PMT is ready and layout has changed.

Please use FIRMWARE UPGRADE instead of download to avoid important data lost

Guest kieranswhite

How do i actaully use faster gps to get a lock im confused?

Also i cannot get onto the engineering menu from both mobile uncle and the dialer

Edited by kieranswhite

Guest tillaz

Yep removed all MTK drivers , keep getting error 8038,

Android download. PMT is ready and layout has changed.

Please use FIRMWARE UPGRADE instead of download to avoid important data lost

Have you rebooted the PC and tried again since this error?

Guest bryfly

Have you rebooted the PC and tried again since this error?

yep used usb review then rebooted, had that error about 3 times now at different times.....

Guest kieranswhite

Dont worry i just flashed tillaz's original repack and gps worked straight away for me :) ive just flashed the mods over the top of that

Guest bryfly

Dont worry i just flashed tillaz's original repack and gps worked straight away for me :) ive just flashed the mods over the top of that

getting confused now between which tillaz rom people are talking about, think we need to get them all on the first page and in some sort of order, flashed which mods over the top?

Guest kieranswhite

getting confused now between which tillaz rom people are talking about, think we need to get them all on the first page and in some sort of order, flashed which mods over the top?

Well the first one was a repack of the original stock ROM that came with the phone, just with google apps and a few things like SU.

The other two had more tweaks and changes to the newer updated Vowney official ROM.

Correct me if im wrong