Project:Android 2.3.X Gingerbread (gb) Porting on Samsung i8000 (Omnia 2 - O2) !!!

Guest argentinos

Guest spiderman1961

Answer - yes.

Installed from image boot ok, reboot -

In terminal "su" for root and then "logcat -d -b radio" - Unable to open log device /dev/log/radio, permission denied. :o :o :o :wub:

ADB shows me Radio - unknown.

ADB Terminal can read logcat from radio, last line - closed.

Please change terminal emulator: load one from twister2.

I put another terminal on alpha because other put before crashing.

I just tested that with twister terminal all works

Guest Antoxa1998

I set my Terminal and it is ok. Can read radio log but it soooo big same as i red in ADB.

... It f..k me to much i made reboot through ADB, all setting backl to "default" and no connection in ADB ! I should re-install all again. :angry2: :angry: :angry2: :angry: :angry2:

Edited by Antoxa1998

Guest spiderman1961

I set my Terminal and it is ok. Can read radio log but it soooo big same as i red in ADB.

... It f..k me to much i made reboot through ADB, all setting backl to "default" and no connection in ADB ! I should re-install all again. :angry2: :angry: :angry2: :angry: :angry2:

Hi Antoxa...

-wait for display stand by, then wake it and then connect with usb

-if it no works on terminal pc type "adb kill-server" and after "adb start-server"; reboot and connect

Guest spiderman1961

Hi guys i fixed display rotation for our Omnia :)

Added in init.rc:

service akmd /system/bin/akmd2 0 0

user compass

group compass misc input

# akmd service

service akmd2 /system/bin/akmd2

user system

group system

enabled

oneshot

Added in mount.sh:

insmod /system/lib/modules/s3c_rotator.ko

start akmd2

Changed files copied from Twister:

/system/bin/akm2

/system/lib/hw/sensor.default.so

I attach updated files and ask Team and others willing please to test them and report results

rotator_update.tar.gz

post-994390-0-94665000-1377710769_thumb.

post-994390-0-67375800-1377710863_thumb.

post-994390-0-74900700-1377710872_thumb.

Edited by spiderman1961

Guest spiderman1961

@ Argentinos that requested informations to update first post

In WinMo "my storage" is internal sd and "storage" is external sd. I'll name "storage" microsd

Three installation possibilities:

1)on "my storage" (internal sd) with logical partition and microsd inserted (this is the case for alpha1)

-use this startup.txt and this vold.fstab and vold.conf: your internal sd ("my storage"/fat32) will be showed as "storage" in android file manager and external sd ("storage" or microsd) as "sdcard". Ext4 will be showed as / in file manager

-In startup.txt we have /dev/block/mmcblk1p6 number :

If "storage" microsd is inserted it's 1, if not it's 0

In this case mmcblk (internal sd ext4 on which is installed rom) in startup is 1 p 6 (as shown in box partition of gparted: see attached pic where ext4 is /dev/sdb6) and microsd identified by android as 0.

This is the reason because tihis line on vold.conf is

media_path /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0 (where microsd is mmc0)

and this line in vold.fstab is

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:0001

and this line in init.rc is

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage iocharset=utf8 (because on gparted box "my storage"/ fat 32 is /dev/sdb5)

2)on "my storage" (internal sd) with logical partition without microsd

Iif it were not inserted microsd then in startup.txt we have /dev/block/mmcblk0pX (where X is shown in box partition of gparted)

vold.fstab:

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:001

vold.conf

media_path /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1

init.rc:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage iocharset=utf8

internal sd ("my storage"/fat 32) is now showed as sdcard

Ext4 will be showed as / in file manager

3)on "storage" (external sd/microsd) with logical partition

File startup.text-line [set CMDLINE "rootdelay = 2 root = / dev/mmcblk1p6 init = / init"] should be changed as follows: Set CMDLINE "rootdelay = 2 root = / dev/mmcblk0p2 init = / init"

vold.fstab:

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:001 (this line must be edited according box partition of gparted)

vold.conf

media_path /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1 (this line must be edited according box partition of gparted)

init.rc:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /storage iocharset=utf8 (this line must be edited according box partition of gparted)

In installation primary partition case

File startup.text-line [set CMDLINE "rootdelay = 2 root = / dev/mmcblk1p6 init = / init"] must be changed according box partition of gparted: number can change

For vold.fstab, vold.conf, init.rc you must verify if there are changes on gparted box

post-994390-0-16442200-1377761878_thumb.

Edited by spiderman1961

Guest argentinos

thanks spiderman for another improvement (rotator) !! although i think you already know about it i want to post another link about wifi

http://o2droid.phj.hu/trac/browser/modules and http://o2droid.phj.hu/trac/browser/modules32

we can find more info there about camera too. it is about the original development.

another part of the job is being done by me (2.3.7 apps, further build.prop improvement. unfortunately reasons do not allow me to contribute the project the way i wanted become worse. i just hope September 10 to come and finally finish with them, so devote myself to the project.

Guest spiderman1961

thanks spiderman for another improvement (rotator) !! although i think you already know about it i want to post another link about wifi

http://o2droid.phj.h...browser/modules and http://o2droid.phj.h...owser/modules32

we can find more info there about camera too. it is about the original development.

another part of the job is being done by me (2.3.7 apps, further build.prop improvement. unfortunately reasons do not allow me to contribute the project the way i wanted become worse. i just hope September 10 to come and finally finish with them, so devote myself to the project.

So did you port 2.3.7 apps?

Wonderful!

Waiting for update :)

Guest argentinos

yes i did ported successfully 2.3.7 apps and other goods. i am kind of busy these days and i am not sure when to upload them. i try the soonest. until now only phone and android system and system ui failed to upgrade. but i will try another solution for them !!

about the camera guys ? how is it going ?

fm radio fails to run too. since wifi seems to be quite difficult for now, we can at least concentrate on fixing other issues first as camera and fm radio.

these can cover the lack of wifi even for everyday use temporarily for many users.

Guest argentinos

about the wifi and fm radio issues the following link can be useful

http://code.google.c...iki/FindingGPIO

according to it ou phone uses for

wifi/BT/FM SWB-M20 chip for wifi connected through spi with libertas driver

SWB-M20 (MARVEU8686+CSR BC06)

more info about setting this wifi for our device here

http://labs.isee.biz...w8686_SDIO_wifi

http://code.google.c...WIFI_TO_ANDROID

official marvell drivers and info

http://www.marvell.c...earchResults.do

Getting sd8686 and sd8686_helper

The Wi-Fi firmware files are already included in the latest release. They are in the firmware folder from the extracted archive. Don't forget to read the included LICENSE.txt.

They can be also found on Marvell's site, if you want to try different firmware.

1. Go to http://www.marvell.com/support.html

2. Under "Choose a platform", select "Linux 2.6 - Fedora".

3. Click the Search button under the drop down box.

4. Download and extract the SD-8686-* zip archive.

5. Rename helper_sd.bin to sd8686_helper.bin

6. Keep sd8686.bin and sd8686_helper.bin in a safe place for later.

also found another method about porting wifi. see here

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93603

spiderman, dni123 i am back !!! let's put some nitro on this project!

Edited by argentinos

Guest brn0zin

Olá a todos, experimentei essa versão GB e achei inicialmente ótima. Grande trabalho de todos os envolvidos.

Porém tive problemas para acessar a internet móvel 3g. gostaria de saber se alguém mas teve esse problema e se por acaso já existe solução para o problema.

Eu instalei a versão imagem. Desde já obrigado. Gostaria de destacar também o ótimo trabalho do amigo Argentinos!

Estive usando a versão CM6NEW 3 nos ultimos meses e ela é otima. Trava uma vez ou outra mas foi a melhor que já vi até agora.

Gostaria de aproveitar a ocasião para fazer uma pergunta: seria possível uma versão mas atual do android do Omnia II, tipo Ice Cream S?

Novamente obrigado a todos.

Guest argentinos

thanks for your nice words! Rom until now is experimental, not for everyday use. keep using my CM6NEW or spiderman's twisterV2 ROM. i have met 3g connectivity problem too. trying to see what causes it. you have tried the alpha1 version ? if i got your message you are asking if there is an ICS (android 4.0.x) version for our phone. the answer is no. and if not solve the big problems we are facing about android 2.3 there will never be. it is very important our phone was able to run android 2.3. just bee happy with what we have now. almost all phones with s3c6410 chipset do not have a fully capable 2.3 ROM. if you want to feel more ics style try my CM6NEW Rom version 4. i gave her a more ICS style (still running android 2.2)

obrigado por suas belas palavras! Rom até agora é experimental, não para uso diário. continuar usando meu CM6NEW ou twisterV2 ROM do Homem-Aranha. Eu encontrei problema de conectividade 3G também. tentando ver o que ele faz. você já tentou a versão alfa 1? se eu tenho a sua mensagem que você está perguntando se há uma versão ICS (Android 4.0.x) para o nosso telefone. a resposta é não. e se não resolver os grandes problemas que enfrentamos sobre android 2.3 nunca haverá. é muito importante o nosso telefone era capaz de correr Android 2.3. apenas abelha feliz com o que temos agora. quase todos os telefones com S3C6410 chipset não tem um 2.3 ROM plenamente capaz. se você quiser se sentir mais estilo ics tentar o meu CM6NEW Rom versão 4. Eu dei-lhe um estilo mais ICS (ainda rodando o Android 2.2)

traduzido usando Traduz Google

estou usando a cm6new 4. esta bem melhor que a 3! estou curtindo muito usa-la no dia a dia! parabéns mas uma vez amigo. espero que vcs consigam colocar essa versão 2.3 pra rodar sem problemas. gostaria de ter o conhecimento para ajuda-los nisso, mas como não tenho, só posso desejar boa sorte.

abraços a todos.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest argentinos

thread (fisrt post) updated

after testing we have version Alpha2 !!!!

not very big improvement, but helps us use our phone easier

more progress is under development. please unite ADS Team and help us improve our phone.

no need to be a programmer to help. Even as a tester you can help us locate and solve problems.

edit 24-9-213. link repaired. i do not know what was wrong. internet had problems in my area so the uploaded 1st post corrupted. i hope finally leading to the normal file. enjoy.

Edited by argentinos

Guest Antoxa1998

edit. link repaired. now leading to the normal file. enjoy !!!

Now it send me to the top of page 1 of this topic. Pls check again.

Edited by Antoxa1998

Guest argentinos

after Alpha2 i have made research about 3Ddrivers for our phone.

i found that as Tom3q wrote and verified myself that i8000

"3D engine (FIMG 3DSE) is embedded
in some Samsung SoCs (including S3C6410, S5P6442 and S5PC100)"

our phone has S3C6410. i haven't found phones with S5P6442, but searching on pdadb.net i found that we do have phones with S5PC100.

it's galaxy_s_sc-02b and also iphone 3gs

Iphone is running ios, a unix based os, so theoritically we can get its files and apply them on our phone.

but no need for this. Galaxy S SC-02B is an android phone become born with froyo and got android 2.3.3 from samsung officially. they also got CM10.2 port. this means that maybe samsung improved it's drivers and we can use them on our phone, our project.

S5PC100 is ARM V7 while S3C6410 is ARM v6, but we can still get many things from the phone i think.

now we can find many files about just take a look here

download files, read the sources on the same (last) link and test please.

some gathered knowledge about our phone can be found here. google's english translation or japanese forum.

Edited by argentinos

Guest spiderman1961

Hi guys...

Good morning:)

I have to apologize because for few weeks i shall not can devote myself to project...My job started again and i have to follow many things and many startups...

Hurrà for ADS Team:)

Guest argentinos

see the guide here http://www.modaco.com/topic/363114-samsung-i8000-omnia2-android-cm6new-rom-v1/ you do exactly the same as the method mentioned. you can find the necessary tools to install 2.3 ROMS from by downloading version 1 from the above link. use the tools you can find in there. if you have other questions pm me. do not load the thread. it is project, so let's keep it as light as possible