How to use your phone at work without being noticed!

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

Just discovered ShareKM form the play store... excellent app, lets you control the phone keyboard and pointer using your pc. Stick your phone next to your monitor, slide the mouse over and you`re on your phone. I`m typing this on my pc keyboard using the forum app at the moment! So you look like you`re working while you`re on your phone.

Guest CoSmEeN

Ok, I tried this app. It's strange to see the mouse cursor on the phone and use mouse and keyboard on the phone. It's pretty cool.

You have to install app on phone and PC and on PC start a server. Then, on phone choose the connection method (Wi-Fi, USB or Bluetooth) and you're done. Very easy to use.

You just slide the cursor on pc to one side of the screen (by default left but you can customize it to right, top or bottom) and the cursor just goes to phone screen,

-Left-mouse-button is like you touch the screen.

-Right-mouse-button is Back button on phone.

-Middle-mouse-button (or pressing the Wheel) is the Menu button. Can't seem to find any button to work like Home but it's ok.

-And you can use the Wheel for scrolling but it works a little strange and it's not very accurate.

Guest TangerineTractor

You can customise the keys and clicks using the seup on the PC. By default, you can use the Home key for home, or F1, and use Ctrl+Win to switch to and from your phone if you want to as well as sliding off one edge of the monitor. I`m really liking it.

Guest kieranswhite

You can customise the keys and clicks using the seup on the PC. By default, you can use the Home key for home, or F1, and use Ctrl+Win to switch to and from your phone if you want to as well as sliding off one edge of the monitor. I`m really liking it.

The problem is i cant do that at school :P (not in a classroom anyway)

Guest george109

Actually the key setup is on the phone. All you have to do is install the PC app and run it.

Do you need admin rights to install though? As most computers are locked down at work and schools etc :( Edited by george109

Guest theShire

I use MyPhoneExplorer (http://www.fjsoft.at) on my PC with its client (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client) running on my Phone - can connect to phone via USB/BT/WiFi

I can make calls/send txts/manage contacts/set reminders/ via the desktop app without ever having use the phone interface - but you can also control the phone with the mouse/keyboard for other functions.

I've used it for years - originally with my SonyEricsson W510, then my Zte Blade & now my g300

I use it daily in work with my phone connected via usb and i've never had anyone question it - although i do have full admin rights on my work machine(firmware development), so I can install anything i want/need